Author Topic: <<More Clouds>>  (Read 871 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: <<More Clouds>>
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 09:52:14 PM »
We used to have night, people complained it away and/or just logged off.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 04:44:26 PM »
Clouds and weather would be awesome.  Might be a ways off though, I'd imagine quite a bit would need to be overhauled to get that feeling you're flying through rain/snow and to then see it visualy represented on your canopy (much like how when you recieve an oil hit you have oil streaking down your canopy). 

It would however be really cool since we could then maybe have a beter visual of water/oil streaking over your canopy (maybe even have it worked into the damage model, the left side of the engine got shot up, so oil comes spewing out of the left side and all over the left side of the canopy).  As it is now, I think someone flung a giant water ballon filled with engine oil at my canopy whenever my oil takes a hit.  This would be a huge overhaul of some parts of the game, but worth it imo.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 09:12:33 AM »
That would be another CT in itself. We're going to have to wait on that for a while.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Old Sport

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 09:53:51 AM »
Yeah, clouds and rain in AH I were fun, and the "spinning wheels" effect helped simulate vertigo (or a psychotic episode  :D ).

Bring on the weather.   :aok

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »
rain and wind would be awsome too, but for now i'm just asking for more of the big puffy cumulus or cumulonimbus clouds that we already have, you very rarely see them and they add such a cool dynamic to furballing, they have the technology already, i just want to see more to simulate more realistic atmospheric conditions.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 11:09:38 AM »
I'd just be happy with clouds that actually impair vision, ours look pretty from a distance but have zero substance up close or inside. VERY rarely I'll find a dense cloud or (even more rarely) a fog bank, but its almost like finding hens teeth.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.