Author Topic: Do not move your controls rapidly.  (Read 1291 times)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Re: Do not move your controls rapidly.
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 11:45:07 AM »
Actually I don't see the purpose of it being on the roll and rudder axis for that matter. 
i got it on a CV in f4u4 after a rearm with like 8 kills  :mad: went right over edge, lost my kills and perks  :mad: and it was only my rudder i was using and got the message. there has to be some sort of way to moniter if its a stick stir, or absolute neccesity to do (like using rudder to not go off CV [neccesaity] flailing stick with enemy on you [stick stirring]). just my thoughts :salute
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »
Actually I don't see the purpose of it being on the roll and rudder axis for that matter. 
I think you could probably make the warps that much wider with some rudder thrown into the stir, to hold the plane in odd angles. Maybe just a minor factor, but HT prolly figured it might as well be included..
The roll is definitely part of it in 190s and other fast rollers :)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 02:19:06 PM »
Agreed, I've gotten the control dampening when wagging my tail, which any aircraft can do.  I found that if you just do it smoothly you don't get the warning, but it is still a nuisance.

How is it engaged (what's it's criteria)?  I've had it do it to me when I was simply engaging someone, I snapped left in a roll, then saw he was going right, so snapped back right and I got dampened...  I then progressed swiftly into the ground.

What they should really do is just dampen the controls a little bit, or enough to stop the stirring.  The fact that if it happens I can't recover from a slight downward decent is really obnoxious.

Doesn't happen to me often, but it definitely happens more when I'm on someone's six than when someone is on mine...
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 02:28:25 PM »
S950 - You can get out of those terminal dives with the trim, if your controls are locked by DMYCSR.  DMYCSR is triggered by any inputs made too too quickly, like the name says :)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 02:31:19 PM »
S950 - You can get out of those terminal dives with the trim, if your controls are locked by DMYCSR.  DMYCSR is triggered by any inputs made too too quickly, like the name says :)
Ah good idea, I'll have to remember that.

Right, but is there a certain number of quick movements that triggers it?  I feel like going from left roll to right roll quickly shouldn't trigger it, but I've had it do it to me before.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 02:33:08 PM »
I think Ive triggered it with just two or three quick aileron moves.. Planes like the Ki84 actualy require you to react that fast if you have just a small lapse in attention and/or under/over-correct at first, when on the edge, so yeah it's a bugger :)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 10:30:46 AM »
The only times I have ever seen that warning is when my joystick is going on the fritz and needs replacing.

Had to get a new one yesterday.

ROX

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 11:45:31 AM »
It's not working. I see the flopping fish all the time in the MA.

wat he said, had a breakdancing spit16 last night make me waste all my ammo.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »
just wondering, but does your stick setting have any control over this? i use to get this fairly often, but then after i adjusted my deadband and dampening in the AH stick settings it seams to have stopped being an issue.

now this is just a question, not a statement of fact, so don't start insulting me if i am inncorrect and the change was just coincidental to me not realizing that i was just learning not to bounce the stick as fast as i once was.

FLOTSOM
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »
This does not happen to me very often, but when I am in the F4U4 it happens almost every time I take it up.  Should I adjust the dampening settings on my stick?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »
just wondering, but does your stick setting have any control over this? i use to get this fairly often, but then after i adjusted my deadband and dampening in the AH stick settings it seams to have stopped being an issue.

now this is just a question, not a statement of fact, so don't start insulting me if i am inncorrect and the change was just coincidental to me not realizing that i was just learning not to bounce the stick as fast as i once was.

FLOTSOM
If your stick is spiking near center... yes deadband will help.
See Rule #4

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2008, 02:43:03 PM »

FLOTSOM
It's never a surprise when I get it.. I actualy know a second or so before it triggers that Im gonna get it.  The problem is that some planes require inputs that fast or large to catch them on the edge, with nowhere near enough actual movement to cause any warping. Most of the time, the plane is nearly dead in the water and tip-toeing on sharp but low speed departure.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2008, 07:27:39 PM »
If you're getting the 'Do not move your controls rapidly" message, check to make sure that you have your stick properly calibrated in Windows and/or your stick is working properly (i.e. the pots are good, wireharness isn't shorted out, etc...).  Those that usually receive this message are the ones that have stick that has some type of issue (i.e. stick not properly calibrated, potentiometer going dead, etc...).

For example, with a proper calibrated stick without any hardware issues, I took off last night and as hard and as fast as I could, I moved my stick to all of its extremes.  The only result was a near uncontrollable spin but no message.  Next, I switched out my controllers for ones that I knew had a two faulty potentiometers (both had deadspots near center) and repeated the same thing.  As soon as I started to move my stick around rapidly to all of the extremes, I received the message "Do not move controls rapidly" message.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Spyder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2008, 09:14:37 PM »
If you're getting the 'Do not move your controls rapidly" message, check to make sure that you have your stick properly calibrated in Windows and/or your stick is working properly (i.e. the pots are good, wireharness isn't shorted out, etc...).  Those that usually receive this message are the ones that have stick that has some type of issue (i.e. stick not properly calibrated, potentiometer going dead, etc...).

For example, with a proper calibrated stick without any hardware issues, I took off last night and as hard and as fast as I could, I moved my stick to all of its extremes.  The only result was a near uncontrollable spin but no message.  Next, I switched out my controllers for ones that I knew had a two faulty potentiometers (both had deadspots near center) and repeated the same thing.  As soon as I started to move my stick around rapidly to all of the extremes, I received the message "Do not move controls rapidly" message.

ack-ack

Ack-ack i think this is because your joystick has good calibration, but the others do not, i have noticed that when you play with your deadband, it goes away, but hampers your planes manuverability.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »
Were did this come from? and why is it here? it gets very annoying when you are in a really good fight and all of a sudden "do not move your controls rapidly" and you can't move, and then auger into the ground. What is the purpose of this? Is this HTCs doing or my computer? does anyone else get annoyed by this????questionmark???

OK...now everyones taken the piss there's 2 reason for getting that message. 

1)  As everyone has said you are indeed stirring the stick beyond reasonable methods for the game.

2)  You stick could be wearing on one of it's axis or just about shot.  If this is the case then even slight movements will cause the message.  Nothing to do but chuck it out and get a new one.  However, if it's just some light wear then there is a work around.  This goes for all sticks, rudders, throttles and even mouse.

Go off line and take up one of your popular rides.  You'll need to find out which axis is causing the problem.  Move the stick up and down increasing the speed untill you get the message.  Then do side to side.  Again increase the speed untill u get the message.  If it's just normal wear one axis will trigger the message sooner than the other.  However, if your at a speed where it looks like your masterbating then you prolly are a stick stirrer.   :rofl   :rofl   :rofl

Once you find the problem axis simple apply a little damping to that axis in preferences/ controller/ map controllers.  Calibrate stick and repeat. 

Good luck
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:45:05 PM by LYNX »