Author Topic: HTC Step up a bit  (Read 3361 times)

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
HTC Step up a bit
« on: December 06, 2008, 01:27:59 PM »
i wish that HTC would get going a little faster, i think i heard that CT was on hold, so whats holding them up, we dont have any new planes yet, the only thing new was just updating ones we had, i would like to come to HTC and see on the front bulletin that their progressing, the only thing new I have seen on there is that they we celebrating turkeyday and that tour 106 has been completed
VMF-214'Black Sheep' here since tour 93.

http://www.VMFBlackSheep214.webs.com

"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."
— Captain Wilfrid Reid 'Wop' May, RFC

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: HTC Step up a bit
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 01:35:37 PM »
If I might ask...Just how long do you think it takes to..
Decide the best AC to add.
Research that AC once decided.
3d model
skin
test to make sure it flies withing desired parameters
debug
Not to mention if there are more than one variant they wish to add at the same time.
See Rule #4

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 01:40:33 PM »
i think that since CT was stopped or put on hold for 2 weeks or whatever, we might be getting more planes and tanks because thats is what they are concentrating on right now i think
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 01:41:42 PM »
it would be nice if they could "At least" put it up on the front bulletin that its in "Development" i mean thats why its partly their in the first place no? and please dont try to look like a no it all by posting like that, use common sense IMO

"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 01:42:32 PM »
i think that since CT was stopped or put on hold for 2 weeks or whatever, we might be getting more planes and tanks because thats is what they are concentrating on right now i think
at least NEARY is thinking what i am in a way

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »
it would be nice if they could "At least" put it up on the front bulletin that its in "Development" i mean thats why its partly their in the first place no? and please dont try to look like a no it all by posting like that, use common sense IMO
Look when they 1st start post picks of the next AC release compared to when it is released.
Judging by that I think it takes a bit more development time than you think.
See Rule #4

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 01:50:59 PM »
yes, let the stock holders of htc know whats coming, we want a bit of inside info for our monthly payments  :devil
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »

If YOU had any "common sense", you'd already know that your Thread never should have been started.   You seem to lack the "appreciation".   

It's ok, one day you'll understand................... ............................. ..........maybe.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 02:50:44 PM »
i wish that HTC would get going a little faster, i think i heard that CT was on hold, so whats holding them up, we dont have any new planes yet, the only thing new was just updating ones we had, i would like to come to HTC and see on the front bulletin that their progressing, the only thing new I have seen on there is that they we celebrating turkeyday and that tour 106 has been completed
If you want 2D planes that go 20mph and shoot rubber bullets, HTC will do that for you!
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 02:56:46 PM »
If YOU had any "common sense", you'd already know that your Thread never should have been started.   You seem to lack the "appreciation".   

It's ok, one day you'll understand................... ............................. ..........maybe.
read what CAV said, and im starting to loose appreciation, because, i pay 15$ a month for the same thing over and over again, you say its too hard for them, what about FSX, or X Plane 9? that compared to this

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »
read what CAV said, and im starting to loose appreciation, because, i pay 15$ a month for the same thing over and over again, you say its too hard for them, what about FSX, or X Plane 9? that compared to this

I never said that, so don't even attempt to "put words in my mouth."   You only "read my post" up until a certain point and not only struck out swinging, you further went back to the bench wailing like a
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 03:20:44 PM »
First off, HTC has a team of 6 or so.
Second, it's part of the hype to release a new plane or GV. I sure wouldn't want to know 6 months in advance that we are getting a new plane. Too much wait for it, I'd rather wait in quiet and see what is to come.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »

First,  pay 15$ a month for the game as is... not the things you expect to come. The good thing is, you cans top playing and paying anytime you want...and come back when something has been added that's refueling your interest. From a pure consumer's point of view there is no reason to pay for a product hioping this or that will happen. It would be different if you had to prepay, buyed aboxed game or had some kind of longer running contract. But we don't :)

Second - your comparison isn't valid in any way. Comparing a tiny devloper like HTC (with only 2 guys doing the programming and two others the artwork) to Microsoft borders on being rediculous. Also Flight and X Plane do rely heavily on 3rd parties for scenery add-ons, planes and such - somethign that HTC can't do for various reasons.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 04:02:41 PM »
I'd think that you could "At least" read the "News, Announcements, & Information" Forum. There you might stumble across Pyro's post which includes a line about a new terrain engine and art work. Reasonably, that alone could take all of HTC's resources for 3 to 6 months depending on the level of change.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 04:07:02 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »
Also Flight and X Plane do rely heavily on 3rd parties for scenery add-ons, planes and such - somethign that HTC can't do for various reasons.
Indeed. If he had noticed, FSX only comes with 10 planes maybe? FS9 comes with 15 or 20...because people make add-on planes and scenery for them, whilst HTC has to make the artwork, terrain, scenery, planes, models, etc.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com