Author Topic: HTC Step up a bit  (Read 3362 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: HTC Step up a bit
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »
As much as I would love to see new planes more often, I do like the suspense in guessing what's coming out next. I DO wish however planes could get updated more frequently, but not being very computer literate, I don't know what goes into doing that, and probably takes more work than I imagine.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 04:25:38 PM »
As much as I would love to see new planes more often, I do like the suspense in guessing what's coming out next. I DO wish however planes could get updated more frequently, but not being very computer literate, I don't know what goes into doing that, and probably takes more work than I imagine.
Indeed it does, I believe, even with the facelifts, it's basically redoing everything...the only thing you're not redoing is the FD...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 04:26:35 PM »

I agree, but understand that P1Tiger is coming off as a "selfish" person by his posts.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
If you want it, you do it. They are probably still recovering from the Con, and I'm pretty sure they don't want to do anyting for the holidays, so when they come back it won't be a fiasco.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
First,  pay 15$ a month for the game as is... not the things you expect to come. The good thing is, you cans top playing and paying anytime you want...and come back when something has been added that's refueling your interest. From a pure consumer's point of view there is no reason to pay for a product hioping this or that will happen. It would be different if you had to prepay, buyed aboxed game or had some kind of longer running contract. But we don't :)

Second - your comparison isn't valid in any way. Comparing a tiny devloper like HTC (with only 2 guys doing the programming and two others the artwork) to Microsoft borders on being rediculous. Also Flight and X Plane do rely heavily on 3rd parties for scenery add-ons, planes and such - somethign that HTC can't do for various reasons.

That about sums it up.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 07:10:58 PM »
I agree, but understand that P1Tiger is coming off as a "selfish" person by his posts.   

Kara...

...and you expect more from the Happy Meal generation??

"I want my Happy Meal NOW!!"

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2008, 07:12:44 PM »
Kara...

...and you expect more from the Happy Meal generation??

"I want my Happy Meal NOW!!"

Nope.   I just have a very great disdain for "Selfishness" and "folks expecting respect, instead of realizing it's a two way street and earned."

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2008, 08:10:10 PM »
don't judge me if you don't know what my life was like, how am i selfish?
VMF-214'Black Sheep' here since tour 93.

http://www.VMFBlackSheep214.webs.com

"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."
— Captain Wilfrid Reid 'Wop' May, RFC

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2008, 08:13:55 PM »
Nope.   I just have a very great disdain for "Selfishness" and "folks expecting respect, instead of realizing it's a two way street and earned."

and who said i want respect, all im saying is that i just want, as others do, and insider, something to look forward to something happening without going to the forums, and just by looking at the front page
bulletin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:18:21 PM by P1Tiger »

"It was war. We were defending our country. We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2008, 08:15:54 PM »
don't judge me if you don't know what my life was like, how am i selfish?

I'm not judging anyone, merely pointing out FACT in your posts.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2008, 08:17:02 PM »
I'm not judging anyone, merely pointing out FACT in your posts.   
then point it out, i would like to improve, and if only two guys are doing the programming then i know the solution and if your worried about your paychecks, then do it after christmas
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:22:24 PM by P1Tiger »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2008, 08:23:56 PM »
then point it out, i would like to improve, and if only two guys are doing the programming then i know the solution (Image removed from quote.) and if your worried about your paychecks, then do it after christmas

All I hear is wailing.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 08:27:57 PM »
then point it out, i would like to improve, and if only two guys are doing the programming then i know the solution (Image removed from quote.) and if your worried about your paychecks, then do it after christmas

The HTC staff doesn't make that much money honestly. I doubt they could afford another person to work there.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 08:42:30 PM »

Selfish ? Of course we are selfish we are customers, we are not giving money to the friggin red cross you know !!!

All I could see coming from HTC is that they dropped promised upgrades for the software we buy (we paid for those devs whatever you say), and since then we got nothing. Looking at the info they dare give us they are NOT working on the game, it may be false but how could I know, they don't say anything !

But all that isn't new they always have been TERRIBLE with communication.

PS : the game quality is going down the drain, all the best things in it are organised by a few players. Without the events it would just get boring as HTC seems to think the MA dynamics are perfect. Without player made skins the already out of date new modeling would be just plain boring. And don't start me on the 1980's damage model.

my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:44:10 PM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline P1Tiger

• Copper Member
      • VMF-214 'Black Sheep'
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 08:59:17 PM »
Selfish ? Of course we are selfish we are customers, we are not giving money to the friggin red cross you know !!!

All I could see coming from HTC is that they dropped promised upgrades for the software we buy (we paid for those devs whatever you say), and since then we got nothing. Looking at the info they dare give us they are NOT working on the game, it may be false but how could I know, they don't say anything !

But all that isn't new they always have been TERRIBLE with communication.

PS : the game quality is going down the drain, all the best things in it are organised by a few players. Without the events it would just get boring as HTC seems to think the MA dynamics are perfect. Without player made skins the already out of date new modeling would be just plain boring. And don't start me on the 1980's damage model.

my 2 cents.
Finally someone said the truth, and masherbrum you hear "Wailing" because you really have nothing to say and are defending HTC, i mean i got nothing against them, but still. noir said it all,
and here is a... something

purple arena: 15/150
green arena:23/200
Orange arena:360/400
Blue arena 260/300
take away about 26 two weekers in total

they make about 20k a year give or take sell a couple  millions of copies of AHII over time, for about 45 dollars maybe a couple thousand a week, some chimericals and you got more people paying for the game