Author Topic: The Classless Sooners  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: The Classless Sooners
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 06:35:10 PM »
shhhh that never happened lol

i'll be the first to admit spurrier was a nut job and kind of a jerk, well, still is

But hey you're from texas, shouldn't you be a texas fan, and if so shouldn't you be agreeing with me lol

I was born and still live in Michigan and root for the Tennessee Volunteers.   The Wolverines suck and I mocked every fan dumb enough to point out my "attire".   They walked away with their heads down.   3-9, LMFAO!   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 07:26:50 AM »
if the championship game was really about the two best teams in college today ..
it'd be a replay of last Saturday's game .... the tide against the gators

Go Gators!!!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 07:46:28 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong here but I always thought the point of playing a game like football was to get as many points on the board as possible in the time allowed. If OU scored 60 points it's not their fault, it's the other teams fault for letting them. That's what defense is for, and evidently they didn't have a defense.

OHHHHH WAIT!!!!! I forgot, this is the new PC area of sports where everyone is supposed to walk off the field feeling like a winner.

Give me a break. I hope the do the same thing to Florida. I'd laugh my butt off and I'm not even a serious OU fan. I'm an OSU fan myself. Stillwater is a much better party town, at least it was 18 years ago. Norman just sucks.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 08:01:54 AM »
(note: can you believe spell check actually thought there should be a Capital T in texas?) :rofl

Yup Texas is big enough to not need any caps......... with a little OK chip on it's shoulder.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 11:03:30 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong here but I always thought the point of playing a game like football was to get as many points on the board as possible in the time allowed. If OU scored 60 points it's not their fault, it's the other teams fault for letting them. That's what defense is for, and evidently they didn't have a defense.

OHHHHH WAIT!!!!! I forgot, this is the new PC area of sports where everyone is supposed to walk off the field feeling like a winner.

Give me a break. I hope the do the same thing to Florida. I'd laugh my butt off and I'm not even a serious OU fan. I'm an OSU fan myself. Stillwater is a much better party town, at least it was 18 years ago. Norman just sucks.

first of all they wont score 60 against florida

2nd you havent read any of the posts to see why i'm complaining. It's stupidity to run up the score with all of your star players in when you're basically already going to the national championship game. It is their fault they scored 60 points because they tried their very best to score 60 when they didnt need to at all, they could have let the 2nd and 3rd string guys get some playing time.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 11:12:53 AM »
Last year Urban had Tebow throwing bombs in the 4th against Tenn and Florida State, when the game was already decided.  Does that make him classless also?
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 11:20:57 AM »
Last year Urban had Tebow throwing bombs in the 4th against Tenn and Florida State, when the game was already decided.  Does that make him classless also?

thats just not true, i was at the tennessee game, he was out half way through the 3rd and florida state i'm not entirely sure but that was a slaughter and since thats the thanksgiving weekend game, I'm sure he wouldn't have been risking him so late in the season
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
I hate to tell ya not cuz I'm a Tenn fan, but you're wrong.

1 2 3 4 T
#22 TENN (1-2) 3 10 7 0 20
#5 FLA (3-0) 14 14 7 24 59
Final3:30 PM ET, September 15, 2007
Florida Field
Gainesville, FL
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER TENN FLA
 TD 13:03 Brandon James 83 Yd Punt Return (Joey Ijjas Kick)  0 7
 FG 01:45 Daniel Lincoln 28 Yd  3 7
 TD 00:33 Riley Cooper 30 Yd Pass From Tim Tebow (Joey Ijjas Kick)  3 14
SECOND QUARTER TENN FLA
 FG 09:55 Daniel Lincoln 22 Yd  6 14
 TD 05:38 Tim Tebow 7 Yd Run (Joey Ijjas Kick)  6 21
 TD 01:30 Cornelius Ingram 20 Yd Pass From Tim Tebow (Joey Ijjas Kick)  6 28
 TD 00:25 Chris Brown 15 Yd Pass From Erik Ainge (Daniel Lincoln Kick)  13 28
THIRD QUARTER TENN FLA
 TD 08:47 Eric Berry 96 Yd Interception Return (Daniel Lincoln Kick)  20 28
 TD 05:18 Dustin Doe 18 Yd Fumble Return (Joey Ijjas Kick)  20 35
FOURTH QUARTER TENN FLA
 TD 14:50 Percy Harvin 19 Yd Run (Joey Ijjas Kick)  20 42
 TD 11:25 Tim Tebow 5 Yd Run (Joey Ijjas Kick)  20 49
 FG 04:55 Joey Ijjas 25 Yd  20 52
 TD 01:14 Cameron Newton 4 Yd Run (Joey Ijjas Kick)  20 59

Here's the link:  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272580057

It doesn't show any long TD passes, but I'm sure there were some long ones just not for TD's.  And Urban runs the score up the same way most of the rest of them do, he knows how the BCS game is played.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 11:36:54 AM »
I said last year 2007

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=272580057&period=4

No touchdowns, but 2 completions of around 50 yards.  Bradford didn't pass for any touchdowns in the 4th against the Tigers.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 11:41:15 AM by Rash »
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 11:40:58 AM »
 :huh :huh Was that to me or CAVPFCDD?  I put last years stats up.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 11:44:45 AM »
My mistake Lowz  :rolleyes:
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 11:51:59 AM »
Then we move on to the Florida State game of 2007.  Tebow does have TD pass in the 4th.  Then with 5 minutes left has a 40 yard completion.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=273280057&period=4   :O
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »
well i have a crummy memory then, florida state is slighty acceptable  because it's the rivalry

tennesse i really didn't remeber, but you did high light a 5 yard run, and not a 30 yard pass like OU was doing. Listen everyone does it, and i know it, but in the national spotlight, with the national championship already locked up, doing it JUST to get their little record and to sort of "cheat" the BCS to get to first, i thought it was a little rude. (yes i know its not cheating the bcs, its just the stupid way college football is setup) I dunno, isnt anyone going to agree with me lol, I thought it was of poor taste given the situation.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2008, 12:07:45 PM »
I think that all of it is poor taste, but I don't blame them because that's what you have to do.  I'm not an OU fan, I'm not a Florida fan, Texas all the way.  Am I upset they didn't get in, of course, but oh well, I know Florida is going to win and that's fine with me.  I was taught growing up not to run the score up that it is bad sportsmanship and a disgrace to the other team.  I highlighted a 5 yard run because 6 points is 6 points, it doesn't matter if it's in the air for 30 yards or on the ground for 5. 
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2008, 12:36:23 PM »
I don't think they should keep score, that way all the kids feel like winners!
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)