Author Topic: A training clip...  (Read 363 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
A training clip...
« on: December 10, 2008, 12:29:54 AM »
flew a few hops in the MWA earlir tonight. I ended up flying 5 fights vs the same guy, 1st one he beat me on a nice snapshot after I stalled a wingtip trying to force a 2 circle fight. When I came back we had an other SBD vs spit8 fight that ended in a ditch after he took engine damage in a collision as I continued to work the 2 circle fight reverses. He then upped a FM2 and lost trying to force an angles fight and same with a IIc. The last fight he upped a IIc again. I thought that the clip might be worth posting since it high lights some of the thought process a trainer will work with a developing player on. This fight starts fairly low and the hurri flies a better fight...but he's also aided by my mistakes in letting the fight get to low as I push two circle reverses. At the end I'm trapped into a flatter turn and dont time my reverse well enough.

Now way back when I'm all over this sequence as a bad attack profile vs the better idea of securing the high ground. All to often we all win the battle but then lose the war to one poor decision. There are times you just take whatever shot your fortunate to get, but most of the time if we focus on winning the ACM war then the actual shot is easy. In no way am I trying to diminish a well earned pelt, but I think it illustrates the need to continue to refine the decision making process as your skills increase. Often we reach a point where we can either solidify our gains and seize total control of the fight or give back our edge with a less then perfect shot selection. Very often the really good sticks are aggressive early then switch to more of an E fight once they force a subtle mistake then pounce hard once they have a secure advantage. This angles to E to angles style is  probably the most difficult to combat IMO. Anyway this clip highlights the type of stuff i used to talk about after a fight...
http://www.az-dsl.com/snaphook/sbdhurri.ahf

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: A training clip...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 12:44:55 AM »
nice flying, stickpig. good shot too!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.