Author Topic: The mysterious Login Screen??  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: The mysterious Login Screen??
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 10:33:19 AM »
Post 1.Notice the deep respect he holds for all those who work and play AH?

Post 2.
Notice how it is everyones fault that he does not post on the BBS more often. And that he signed his first post Tonto than takes offense when some one calls him that?

Dear Vox, I would suggest you look in your own house before calling other people "Moronic" there ideas "Daft" and then become "Angry" because they do not agree with you.

HiTech

:O.....can someone say.....burn?
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 11:25:10 AM »
EPIC FAIL
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »
I love it when Hitech posts something..... they are always so much fun to read !

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 11:38:13 AM »
 :P :rofl
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline odiemus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »
And after the lord of aces high spoke, behold Vox could no longer get any plane but SBD till humility was learned  :lol
Member, on and off and on and off since 2002,
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 06:59:31 PM »
I don't understand how it is at cap but still the numbers of people go up?   :uhoh

As I understand it, it's all in the timing.  When you go to log in your log in screen may show 199/200.  This may also show on twenty other people's screen at the same time.  Instead of penalizing the slow logger-in-ers, the number is valid for all of them.  I pop on ten seconds after you have and my screen may show 200/200 because one of those previous twenty have logged into that arena.  You, still deciding where to go, still show 199/200 and are still able to get into that arena.  Therefore, all you twenty get into that arena and I try a little later and I see 219/200.

Another way such a disparity would come up is if a lot of people logged off from the smaller arena thus lowering the cap in the full arena.  Say the arena's are 219/200 and 189/250 and fifty people in the second go to bed.  The numbers may end up looking like 219/150 and 139/200.  I'm not sure if that would happen or not.  I'm just speculating on that.  I have seen that happen after a map reset, however.  Where the numbers would be something like 328/100 and 35/150.

My only real question is about how I see the cap maximum seem to change based on time of day.  For instance, 6pm EST, the caps will be something like 206/200 and 175/250 but at 1am EST they will be 206/400 and 175/450.  I have noticed that the caps jump from whatever they are to 400 at midnight local HTC time no matter the numbers in the arena.  I have also noticed that the caps seem to be lower, and work as designed in a dynamic manner, during peak USA playing times.

Just guessing on most of this.....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 09:57:31 AM »
My only real question is about how I see the cap maximum seem to change based on time of day.  For instance, 6pm EST, the caps will be something like 206/200 and 175/250 but at 1am EST they will be 206/400 and 175/450.  I have noticed that the caps jump from whatever they are to 400 at midnight local HTC time no matter the numbers in the arena.  I have also noticed that the caps seem to be lower, and work as designed in a dynamic manner, during peak USA playing times.

That is correct, during off peak times 12:00 Midnight -> noon Central Time, there is no need for arena balancing.

HiTech

Offline FlyinFin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 01:02:21 PM »
Because

Orange: 561/850

Would be better than...

Orange: 321/300
Blue: 259/350

In which case both arenas would suck.

Fixed

Offline VoX

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2008, 05:01:19 AM »
Hmmm, Points taken Hitech I appologise if I offended anyone by replying in defense to accusations, however, I and obviously a number of others think the login system is plain daft. (Personal opinion, not throwing a stone, not questioning the right to bear arms, not calling you paranoid! )  :noid

What happened to the 'Customer is 'Always' right' BTW?  :O

Me thinks it was Hitechs personal idea to implement the sytem and you doth protest to strongly.  :D

VoX.

Shoot! I smell Zack! Doom's a Fairy, Jimmy's a drunk, RT is very suspicious!
how do I start my engine...no seriously, How?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »
Hmmm, Points taken Hitech I appologise if I offended anyone by replying in defense to accusations, however, I and obviously a number of others think the login system is plain daft. (Personal opinion, not throwing a stone, not questioning the right to bear arms, not calling you paranoid! )  :noid

Me thinks it was Hitechs personal idea to implement the sytem and you doth protest to strongly.  :D

VoX.

Have you done a search for any information on the arena split, or caps? If you did you might understand the how and why a bit better. The customer is always right huh?? I'm sure every customer here would be happy and agree that a free 6 months of on line play would be the thing to do. The customer may be right, but it wouldn't be good business.

The cap system is very easy for a normal human being to understand. The "why's" and the "how's" are all spelled out very clearly on these boards. Do a little research before you post and you may not look like such "Daft" individual.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »

Woot.... going to go pick numbers for lottery ticket.
 ;)
See Rule #4

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2008, 10:59:50 AM »
Carefull VoX...the ice is gettin thin below your feet  :eek:

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2008, 11:18:01 AM »
Here is a sugestion to arena balance. 

1.  Still keep the arena cap but if a perticular country is real low in #'s compared to the rest, allow only that country into the arena regardless of the arena cap. 

ex. Rooks have 150 people, Bish have 160 people and knits have only 90, Then only people who are on the knit country can get into the arena to even the balance within the arena.  Obviously there will need to be a threshold of when to allow them to supercede the arena cap.  Probably a good start would be when 1 country is 40-50 people less then the other country's.  This may help prevent steam rolling/milk running on a the low # country.

2.  They can't switch country's to the low # when in the lobby just to get in and then switch back.  You have to be already assigned to that country. 
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2008, 03:31:48 PM »

VoX.
to paraphrase.

Me thinks HiTech could not have valid reasons for doing things they way they are, therefore it must just be his idea and since HiTech has a big ego, that is why he protest so strongly.

A lesson most people should learn.

The first thing to do when you have dug yourself into a hole, is quit digging.

HiTech

Offline VoX

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2008, 03:33:17 PM »
The cap system is very easy for a normal human being to understand. The "why's" and the "how's" are all spelled out very clearly on these boards. Do a little research before you post and you may not look like such "Daft" individual.

The Fugative, thnx for your profound input, it is possible that I understand the concept I just dont agree with it because I feel personally that it is a flawed solution, but I will add that your input was invaluable and your inimical attitude in keeping with the minority it would seem.

Thank you Max I think I am already swimming in the weeds.  :D

VoX.
Shoot! I smell Zack! Doom's a Fairy, Jimmy's a drunk, RT is very suspicious!
how do I start my engine...no seriously, How?