Author Topic: Have you improved?  (Read 1399 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Have you improved?
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2008, 08:11:48 AM »
I think you've got it backward, very few good players worry about score or stats since they are easily manipulated variables with almost no correlation to a players actual level of skill. It's a lot easier to score well then it is to play well. While there are a few notable exceptions for the most part the list of top scorers does not match up all that well. What I find particularly disturbing is that some of the tactics and predispositions inherent in "scoring" apparently have crept into events like KOTH that are supposed to be entirely skill based.

Well said. And that's why I haven't put my stats up.Sure I've improved but at what is the question. I base my performance on how well I handle myself in a fight against the guys I consider good sticks in a 1 on 1. The only thing I've really improved there is I can stay alive alittle longer then before. But I usually get sent to the tower anyway. When I can sit on the runway rejoicing on my handful of muppet or s.a.p.p. kills, then I'll know that i've truely improved. Until then I'm just a skill notch above 75488547.

Some of the most disappointing fights I've had are with folks ranked in the top 50. Pacerr is the prime example. Top ranked every month but you can't catch him to get a fight. SkyRock,Delalos,Delirium,Greebo....etc, are ranked in the 1000s every month, but they'll straight up come kill most of us with little effort. Just my .02 cents  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2008, 09:55:19 AM »
Some of the most disappointing fights I've had are with folks ranked in the top 50. Pacerr is the prime example. Top ranked every month but you can't catch him to get a fight. SkyRock,Delalos,Delirium,Greebo....etc, are ranked in the 1000s every month, but they'll straight up come kill most of us with little effort. Just my .02 cents  :salute

There lies the difference between a good stick and a score potato.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »
There lies the difference between a good stick and a score potato.
i agree SIK. as Uptown pointed out, you cant get a fight out of pacerr. he'll pick you, vulch you, ho you; and the best thing about him happened yesterday. Squad mate saluted oacerr for whatever reason, i find no reason to saluting him, and pacerr said he doesnt salute vulchers...well...just the day previous he landed 7 vulches, 3 of which were me.  :rofl :rofl
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2008, 12:16:03 PM »
Only my GVing really has not improved.  I'm dissapointed at that.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles