Author Topic: BUFF snuff sniff sniff  (Read 121 times)

skippy

BUFF snuff sniff sniff
« on: August 06, 2000, 12:09:00 AM »
How about importing a little reality into the b17 Norden and thus solve 1/3 the problem with buffs , the 35k alt buff can hit a mouse in the left eye with a 100# bomb in wind and moving 150ias. decrease the visibility of the ground from them high alts or put some "slack" into the sniper rifle bombs and that will force the buffs lower into heavier air. Which happens to be the historical operating alts of ww2. One buff shouldnt be able to close any base from 30k let alone 2 bases as with a b17 w/24x100#'s. Maybe even  get rid of the ability of the bomber to do the one bomb one perfect hit stuff and have to do the drop a stick of bombs where the bomb blast have slightly added power but less accurate.

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
BUFF snuff sniff sniff
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2000, 01:16:00 AM »
The problem with realistic modeling of the norden's accuracy, especially at high alt, is more a game play issue I think.  Speaking as a buff driver, if you're gonna make my bombsight inaccurate you'd better give me a damned large formation autobuffs so I can do some real carpet bombing.  In the arena it's awfully hard to get a large enough formation to have the desired effect if we have inaccurate bombsights.

And a B17 with 24x100lb eggs can not close 2 bases.  It can only remove the ack from 2 bases, it's up to JABOs and/or ground units to close the base and capture the field  

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
BUFF snuff sniff sniff
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2000, 07:17:00 AM »
Do people still fly at 35k?  Wow!

I mostly go in at 17k max, or if it's really hectic then 25k max.  I have the most fun at about 8k.

'Nexx'
NEXX

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
BUFF snuff sniff sniff
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2000, 08:35:00 AM »
Hell, 50% of the fun in buffs is shooting down fighters. I generally come in at 10-12k and blast away with bombs and guns  .

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"
"If you died a stones throw from your wingie; you did no wrong". - Hangtime

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
BUFF snuff sniff sniff
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2000, 10:36:00 AM »
Add blast effect to the bombs and make the norden inacurrate when above their historical alt. Blast effects will allow players to get into formations and carpet bombs (cleaning ack in one or 2 passes or causing heavy damage to structures).

I really have to applaud Mizu and his other Japanese friends who in every occassion I see them in buffs, they fly them in formation. <S> guys!. The sad part is that they have to break formation to attack the field (one goes for ack, another goes for hangars, etc). Blast damage would allow these guys and any other buff-formations to make their runs in formation and CARPET bomb the base.