Author Topic: I want to thank Nefarious, 4XTCH, and Easyscore  (Read 1115 times)

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
Re: I want to thank Nefarious, 4XTCH, and Easyscore
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 05:59:03 PM »
Rarely have I walked away from an FSO and said.... "I wonder if everyone had as good of a time as that looked?"
This, was one of those FSO's. It shows that their is an interest in GV participation, with over 300 still in the arena at T+60.
 :salute Nef on a great idea

Sled,
That was the toughest FSO ever to setup and Host. Never have I been so busy for 3+ hours.
Many thanks to Mystic2, Gaidin (aka 68Gaidin now!) and Baumer for your help at the door.
Even the little hiccups didn't seem to affect the enthusiasm for the event.

:salute To all the GV's at the end of frames 2 and 3..... you guys know who you are, and I'm sure your wondering how we did what we did. :lol

:salute To all of the participants. It's you guys that make this a fun event to run every Friday.

MerryChristmas everyone and have a wonderful NewYear.

4XTCH
~364TH C-HAWKS FG~

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »
this FSO was less organised than a regular MA mission.

The gv fight was just a basic furball.

I don't need to join FSO to have that kind of action.

But still thanks for hosting it.

Wow, well for one I guess you get a lump of coal in your stocking.

Two, I can show you the door, if you like. (this is me telling you, you are welcome to leave.)

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 10:47:54 PM by Sled »
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 09:43:12 PM »
He didn't like the gv multi-life part.  He didn't really say why or do it very clearly.  If you look at the Allied orders for all three frames it becomes more obvious.  I can send you a copy of them if you don't already have them?

I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 10:13:05 PM »
As I said to you by PM. What he said is NO PROBLEM.

Doing it in a thread started to thank people, and wish Merry Christmas. Is the problem.

I doubt many would dissagree with that.

Start a new thread.

Don't degrade mine.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 10:46:34 PM by Sled »
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 10:35:11 AM »
Wow, well for one I guess you get a lump of coal in your stocking.

Two, I can show you the door, if you like. (this is me telling you, you are welcome to leave.)
:huh  Ouch bud. Dantoo and crew have been around a while Sled. You were harsh. They have been very supportive of our events. If I showed everyone the door who were critical of one of my FSO's, Squad Operations never would have grown past 100. :D

You were saying how good it was, Noir did not agree. He even still thanked the CM's for hosting.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 04:16:59 PM »
This FSO was challenging for us in our squadron.  We had our ups and downs and in the end, it was great fun!

<S> 4XTCH!
<S> FSO team.

I also did not like the GV aspect of the event.  The dynamic orders for over 400 players was wrong.  I think a more static approach would have been better.  For example, Squad X, Y and Z are ordered to attack Base A.  Squads T, U and V are ordered to defend Base B.  Despite what the orders said prior to the event, during the actual event, it seems that orders were thrown "out the window".

Would have made for less confusion and more team effort amongst the squads during GV ops.  Ordering ALL GVs to attack base X was just asking for trouble.  Also, there were times when no enemy opposition was encountered.  Despite the management of the GV aspect, I had great squaddies that made the ground warfare, a great experience.

Oh and when Easy says to "take out the town at the Vbase", you better believe him.    ;)
Easy, our squad loved the map so much, we decided to taxi to the runways, for all 3 frames.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 09:10:22 PM »
<S> and thanks to the FSO staff and all the pilots of FSO.  Thanks for the best part of AH!

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and I'm looking forward to 2009.  :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane