Author Topic: Training Arena  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Training Arena
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 12:56:47 PM »
it wasn't in the original post but it was in that thread.

Well, there you go.  I only read the thread until it got hijacked.  Something about MC's or something.  But I've learned over the years to take most of what happens on these boards with a gain of salt.  I think you have missed my point.  I hate "What If's" but here goes.  You were out for a laugh, so some guy comes alone and offers help,  You "play alone"  asking for help in dog fighting.  What if the guy was a really good teacher,  Why are you wasting his time?  Oh, that's right, you needed a good laugh.

If you think that the training offered was not good.  Tell everyone who the trainer was, do the community a favor.  State the facts, Pilot name here, instructed me to do so and so,  is that right? does everyone do so and so ?   That's not bullying or breaking any of the rules of the board.  It's just stating what you were told and who told you and asking for feed back from the rest of the community.   

interestingly enough I was HO'ed the other day by a spit16 that did fire rockets at me on the initial pass.  I might have it on film.   Luckyly he fired high, I was still pulling positive g's in a climb, and opened up, P38L heavy Vs. Spit16, I tore his belly open, The one pass wonder exploded low and behind me.  If I still have the film I'll post it here.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Training Arena
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »
There's really nothing new in that thread.  There's usually someone around trying to offer help that couldn't train a fish to swim.

That said, we always encourage players to offer help that wish to do so.  The only thing we ask is that they provide good information.  It doesn't take an ace, or AH trainer to help a new player get their gear set up for AH, explain many aspects of the AH game mechanics, or help with gameplay specifics.  Air combat techniques beyond the basics are best left to players who are fairly knowledgable about the subject, whether it be a "good stick" or an official trainer.

If you do see bad info being given out, call them on it right there in the TA.