Author Topic: Spent an entire evening watching agent360s narrated films  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
Spent an entire evening watching agent360s narrated films
« on: December 28, 2008, 08:05:16 PM »
 :aok

Almost more fun than actually flying is watching what an Expert pilot does from so many angles, in cockpit and out, and narrates it for the unwashed masses no less. All the text in the world really just can't compare to a few minutes of film when someone is on the topic of throttle and flap use to gain and keep angles in an attacker.

Now the fun part will be tooling around on the deck looking for a fight, trying to put some instruction into practice. Thanks Agent  :salute , and to the others who make narrated films, which I will be watching soon no doubt.

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Re: Spent an entire evening watching agent360s narrated films
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:39:50 PM »
Finally checked this out. Thanks for bringing it to our attention - learned a lot.  :aok
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 07:28:40 AM »
where Are these? i missed them somehow?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 11:46:45 AM »
How rude of me not to link to them, but I found them on an aces high film site and i couldnt locate them again  :(  :salute

Offline Thing

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 12:39:13 AM »

:salute  Agent360

Thing
"IrishOne I'm gonna kick your fvking ass"

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 03:44:33 AM »
Those are some sweet films from a guy that likes to fight. Very well done Agent, I have been on the losing end of those taters of yours and this gives me the "inside look" at your killing process. I have only battled you a few times, but for some reason I remember those encounters more than others....and the instant tower visit after a few turns.

:salute agent
Lagger

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 02:27:30 AM »
I don't mean to bump the topic but I wanted to say I am pleased that the films are helping people. That is why I made them.

Thank you all for the comments...  :salute

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 07:47:15 PM »
Also watched your films Agent360.
thanks for posting them.. i got a lot out of them.

:salute

zuii
39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 11:22:09 AM »
Agent,
     Your films really helped me.  I went from being sub average in the 109K4 to being pretty proficient in them.  A great thing you have done for the community with them.  Thank you sir  :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »
I've been trying to fly the 109 lately and getting shot down frequently. :D I've never even imagined how much you use your throttle and your flaps in a 109. I asked a few 109 regulars and they told me that they hardly use the flaps. Your films are showing very differently, specially in a knife fight.  I had the opportunity to fight you last night in the DA and i was using a lot more throttle and flaps than ever before. I think it made a big difference. Watching all those films I think that actually saying when you were deploying and retracting flaps or playing with your throttle gives a better understanding of what the plane does or doesn't do when you do it. Thanks a lot for the info. :salute

Black70

Offline Rollins

• Silver Member
      • 4thFG
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »
Joined Agent awhile back in a K.  Amazing pilot in that thing, got some great tips.  Thanks again Agent <S>

Black70

You HO'd me last night.  :mad:

;)
http://www.flamewarriors.net    Here kitty kitty...

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 05:35:28 PM »
if there is anything that Agent does not know about the 109k4 it is probably not worth knowing  :aok
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Rising41

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 11:06:34 AM »
Besides being a way to get proficiant in the K4. They are good films for showing the tactical side of AH. The tactics used in the films can be applied to just about any plane w/minamal tweeking. Seeing a good use of engine and flaps in the manuvers helped me in my Zero flying and raised my kill count. The use of engine torque to assist in slow speed stall turns for one changed my dogfighting all together.

Seeing a rope applied helped me reconize it in game easyer. Vertical manuvering as well. Thanks for the films Agent.

Offline jridder

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 06:52:08 AM »
Glad I came across this thread, those films are really helpful. How come I never hear the stall horn in any of the films? He gets very slow quite often and it never seems to set off the horn.