Author Topic: Logged in...Logged out...  (Read 5204 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Logged in...Logged out...
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »
snap i was commenting on the state of the furball/toolshed debate not really your OP, sorry for the hijack man :)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2008, 10:34:08 AM »
Bat,

Not a hijack at all and a very well thought out commentary.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2008, 11:14:38 AM »
Hey, dont forget, there's also a bogus FM. All the realism micro management gimmicks are no substitute. The only xbox live BS is over in WWIIOL. Dont even bother starting an argument over this... It's not a matter of fanboy-ism, it's just no contest between the two, as far as air combat is concerned.There is such a thing as a universal speed limit in this universe. HTC cant code their way around that; or even internet traffic jams for that matter.
Well moot maybe u should try it out for more than an hour... Aces high flight model is a little better...But if a guy wants a little less of a super cartoon experience try it..Although when u land kills u will not have ur name up in lights... U wont be able to see bright red icons from 6k out anymore...If u get tired of flying u could grab a soldier of your choice and take a real cartoon town on a real map..Oh well darn u will also have to fly an ally aircraft or an axis aircraft .No more las nikis temps ponys....Like I said earlier if a guy just wants to wonder around aimlessly and really not accomplish much Aces High is the game for u...Or if a person just enjoys furballing aces High all the way...
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2008, 11:18:04 AM »
Lan go back... go back now.
See Rule #4

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2008, 01:18:26 PM »

I have no issues with those that want to play the current version of AH, I simply view it as a waste of time. You need look no farther then the thread below on "who is better" naming two squads who symbolize (IMO) literally everything wrong with the current game play...

I was assuming the OPer was making a joke at the expense of those squads.But all that aside, what is your beef about AH2? With all due respect Snaphook, you really haven't said anything about what you think the problem is.

Is it that you can't get a good 1v1 when you're flying a SBD,TBM, or a A20? I've read about all your past posts and that seems to be what I'm getting out of them. Are you pissed that noobs are handing you your arse?I think that's the problem right there. Fly something that you can fight with.

The 1st thing that comes to mind when I see one of those planes is "here comes the noob".Granted, too many will gang the poor guy flying it, I'll give you that. But my point is you're always flying a pocket knife into a gun fight and then cry about how you got swarmed.It's like throwing a T-bone in with pitbulls.

I've always enjoyed fighting your A20.It always taught me something and I don't I ever came out of it with atleast a blackeye or shot down.You're a helluva stick..we all know that.

All you old timers from AW complain about how the game has evolved. Maybe you guys need to evolve with it.If you don't like getting ganged or picked, get off the deck and fly a dogfighter. :salute
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 01:23:48 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2008, 02:37:09 PM »
I like the guys I fly with. The squadrons Ive flown with and continue to fly with. I like the squad I'm on now. I like the Rooks, respect a lot of the Bish and Nits, love the TA and training resources. And I'm nuts about the history the flight sim is based on.

Thats enough for me. Thats all I want from the game and well worth the $15 a month I pay. I dont use the game to sour puss all the other things in life that dont go my way. To me the game is the escape from all that. I like teaming up with good folks and flying my cartoon WW-ll combat planes.

Thats enough. Thats plenty. :salute
That is truly all that matters :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2008, 06:02:31 PM »
That is truly all that matters :salute

But I understand the other voices too. There IS! more ganging, hording, HO'ing, and general dweebery in the MAs nowadays. Sometimes it seems like all you have to choose from is what end on the horde to end up at. Thats why Ive been flying IL-2s a lot more. I prefer just droning along against GVs to all the ganging and HO'ing.

I myself dont bother with 200 smack talk after such dweebery. I think the core unit of quality sticks is still in the game , but I also believe there has been an increase in dweebery. Most of it score related. A lot of times I miss my bombers where it was often 1 on 1 and there was always time for a <S> afterwards.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2008, 06:06:50 PM »
Typically getting rudder pedals, you'd want to fly more.  I suck so bad now in every aspect I am less motivated to fly.  Has anybody made the switch from years of use of keyboard rudders to pedals?  If so, how long did it take for it to feel right?  Also I'm very tall so I barely have enough room to use the pedals below my desk and joystick in front of me.  <shrugs>

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2008, 06:13:27 PM »
Typically getting rudder pedals, you'd want to fly more.  I suck so bad now in every aspect I am less motivated to fly.  Has anybody made the switch from years of use of keyboard rudders to pedals?  If so, how long did it take for it to feel right?  Also I'm very tall so I barely have enough room to use the pedals below my desk and joystick in front of me.  <shrugs>

It was very awkward at first, and then one day you no longer think about it.  I think it took about a month to get used to the change.  Later I tried using the keyboard just to remember what it's like, and the difference in control is night and day.

I'm only 5' 9" and I still feel kind of cramped under my desk... You can also consider a twisty stick, but I hear it's inferior to pedals.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2008, 06:14:57 PM »

Took me about a week to get comfortable so I didn't have to think about it ... but of course the learning didn't stop at that point.

And I have a similar room problem... I'm very tall too, so actually my legs are quite awkwardly placed under the desk. I just can't put my feet on the pedals as it should be. Fortunately I have Simped pedals with a much wider spacing between them than CH ones.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2008, 06:25:59 PM »
Same old moan why can't the game be like the way I want it :mad: It is what it is make the most of what we have go fly or do something else. When I see people complain of a lack of variety & then you see they do nothing else but fly one ride or drive one tank you only have your selves to blame.

:aok

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2008, 07:01:12 PM »
Some interesting comments....

I have no issues with those that want to play the current version of AH, I simply view it as a waste of time. You need look no farther then the thread below on "who is better" naming two squads who symbolize (IMO) literally everything wrong with the current game play...

We symbolize (IYO) literally everything wrong with the current game play.........   hmmm.

Do you really think that you or anyone else that blames My Squad, Other Squads for the way we play this game has no blood on their hands for what this game has become...?

Your only fooling yourself if you think that two squads on the Bish side symbolizes EVERYTHING wrong with the game play.  Your more of a fool than I thought you were.

Let me give you some insight on the WHY it is the way it is.

I have played on all 3 sides and they all do the same things. People like the bish for some reason, maybe the foods better, the company sure is and thats why I have stayed.

I am going to say something that you might not agree with, but its a fact.  For some time now Bish have been and are the underdogs in this game, let me explain.  They are ALWAYS outnumbered even when the country numbers are equal.

You say Outnumbered?  Yes I say outnumbered.  We have pointed that out many times that no matter if we have greater numbers or not, we are ALWAYS fighting two fronts due to the little or no activity  between rooks and knits, since this is where most of our country swappers come from, they still end up fighting bish and not each other.  Fact.  If you need me to elaborate on this I will.

In so doing, This will change our tactics to push or thin the attackers fronts, thus NOE's are effective at doing that or they lose a base, many times nobody ups to defend it because they dont want to leave the comforts of thier picker friends, but I will say that lushe will.  We dont enjoy doing them, but its what our alternative is under these circumstances. 

Now we are doing more of our attacks with advanced notice and still taking bases, because we use most of your greed against you.  Players like You dont like to die, we dont care if we die, its not about the score to us. 

I dont see any of these types of posts complaining that your side does it?  Why not?  What about stealing cv's on a regular bases? 
Its only an issue when Bish do it.  :lol

Much more that I could explain as to the why it is the way it is,,,  buts its just my opinion.

So, your idea that you somehow dont have anything to do with how things are and the way it is, you could not be more wrong since you participate in all the above and do nothing to correct it.  Until then, players will continue to adjust and counter what you and others do.  Blame me, blame the bish for hording, or noes, I dont care.  My game play does not bother me, it bothers you.  I am only doing what we can do to win against the circumstances we face.

:salute

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2008, 07:03:21 PM »
^^^ holy hyperbole batman.
See Rule #4

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2008, 07:05:02 PM »
Same old moan why can't the game be like the way I want it :mad: It is what it is make the most of what we have go fly or do something else. When I see people complain of a lack of variety & then you see they do nothing else but fly one ride or drive one tank you only have your selves to blame.

I made an observation, not a "moan". Game play is not a function of a specific ride (or lack of), its a state of mind in the end. I'm simply commenting that a lot of people of long standing appear to be losing interest.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2008, 07:21:25 PM »
Dadsguns,

1st I got in trouble for calling out ROX on the BBS, this is not by any means a "bishop" problem....its a game wide problem. I do not blame "your squad", I do however blame any/all large "digital dirt" style squads that promote and contribute to the hoard mentality. More and more the only choice seems to be to fly with the hoard or stand alone (or in small #'s) against it. It is increasingly hard to find a balanced fight.

As for "players like me", its pretty obvious from your comments that you don't know me very well. I could care less about score, rarely fly with the numbers and have no interest in "the war" so I'm not involved in any of the stuff you are ranting about.

What I'm really curious about is if you believe any of the drivel you posted. Just over the weekend I watched the bishops roll the northern portion of the map almost unopposed with 20/1 odds all morning...just you guys, the jokers and others vs a few guys. Now to be fair both the rooks and knights were doing the same thing elsewhere.

My post here is an attempt to "do something about it", but the reality is that everyone of the squads involved hide behind the same attitude you display. It's simply game play at an ever lowering standard.