Author Topic: Bristol Beaufighter  (Read 202691 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
Re: Bristol Beaufighter
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »
Nice pictures  :aok
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2009, 11:20:52 AM »
for some reason I cant get the patch to load on my sig line?....obviously I'm technically challenged here...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2009, 12:33:52 PM »
[img]http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp278/B4B/BOSSPatch-11.gif[/img]
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2009, 02:28:36 PM »
for some reason I cant get the patch to load on my sig line?....obviously I'm technically challenged here...

What Moot said.  Don't forget the option to enable attaching it to your signature for every post too.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2009, 03:32:10 PM »
Not another LW Hanger queen. :rolleyes: I'll park her up next to the B-25. But I'm sure the 11 people flying in EW will have a blast. :aok
I doubt it will be a hanger queen. Although with AHII in its current format it couldn't be used to it's full potential with the 5" inch guns on cv's they would just get cut down. I would see it becoming a new town killer certainly a new vulch & HO monster & like a number of other vehicles in the game it most likely will be used for things in the game that it never would have done it's day. Also this plane would cover all arenas if we were to get a few variants, in the early war arena it would almost be a perked plane with 10 guns mounted on the front of it.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2009, 04:51:04 PM »
thanks moot

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2009, 06:08:54 PM »
Dan    great pictures.

And I do intend to fly only the Beau if we are lucky enough to get it.  The Jug will be parked for awhile.
I love the thought of busting a horde that is vulching.  I want to actually attack a CV group with a group of Beaus and see what can be done with them in game.

Score?  Who cares?  In my case I just want to hunt and fight with it.  Learn how to use it properly.
Learn its' vices and attributes.  I want to get down and dirty.  I want to go into a horded base with BOSS and shoot the vermin.

But most of all......I just wish to have fun again!

So it will be Score 0   Fun 10........... in the bottom of the fifth.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 06:11:43 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2009, 07:09:11 PM »
So where do I sign up? :)

Don't know if it will ever replace my P-38 entirely but I already flying the A-20 and B-25's in MW, and generally have a soft spot for low level attack aircraft.  I can't wait to see what this thing can do when and if it gets added.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2009, 10:51:01 PM »
Gents

It's basically wishful thinking on the Beau.  HTC has the info.  Adding it to our inventory is at their discretion.

But as Always.....I'm opti.....opta......hopeful  :lol
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 12:29:07 AM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »
Dan,

When you scan in photos from books, there is a nifty piece of freeware that will clean them up. It'll remove the lines and graininess from scans. It's called Noiseware Standalone Edition. Get it here: http://www.imagenomic.com/download_nwsa.aspx

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2009, 01:16:09 AM »
Dan,

When you scan in photos from books, there is a nifty piece of freeware that will clean them up. It'll remove the lines and graininess from scans. It's called Noiseware Standalone Edition. Get it here: http://www.imagenomic.com/download_nwsa.aspx

My regards,

Widewing

Thanks Widewing :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2009, 01:21:59 AM »
Gents

It's basically wishful thinking on the Beau.  HTC has the info.  Adding it to our inventory is at their discretion.

But as Always.....I'm opti.....opta......hopeful  :lol

What Hajo said.  One of the nice things about having stepped away from the game for a bit is I've put the time into learning more about the Beau.  I'm hoping we get it someday to give me a reason to dive back in with a fresh outlook and a different history perspective.  The game has always been best for me when I've got the history to go with the bird I choose to fly.

Right now I'm Beaufighter goofy :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2009, 01:53:35 AM »
Just cause it looks cool.

February 45, Balkan Air Force Beaus of 19 Squadron went in to support Yugoslavian partisans attacking a German strong hold in Zuzemberk.  One of the Beau pilots wanted to get a photo of another Beau firing it's rockets.  He pulled in below and behind the lead Beau and while getting pelted by spent cannons shells from the lead Beau that dented his wings, he took a series of shots with the strike camera in the nose of his Beau.

This was one of the resulting shots.  Kinda dramatic don't ya think? :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2009, 02:05:50 AM »
Kinda dramatic don't ya think? :)

Not to hijack this thread, but if that picture was taken today in Afghanistan it would be blown out of proportion and considered a war crime.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2009, 02:30:38 AM »
New wallpaper :)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you