Author Topic: Auto ACK ~:(  (Read 618 times)

Offline dcannon1

• Zinc Member
Auto ACK ~:(
« on: January 03, 2009, 12:00:24 PM »
There is a significant downward spiral in AH if your preference is to the offensive!Does anyone else find "auto" ack rediculously accurate?  Go back sometime now this downward spiral in the game started with removal of the ability to "pork" the fuel dumps so that the "enemy" could only load 25% fuel.  It was a very legitimate and effective tactic for slowing opposition in order to capture a base.  Currently the only strat target that has any effect on a base is the Ammo bunkers... easy to kill concrete bunkers!?!

My suggestion would be to make all ack guns Manable, forget auto ack as it doesn't exist today let alone in WW2 and exchange the fuel invinciblity with hardend ammo bunkers.

What do you think? :furious

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Auto ACK ~:(
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »
There is a significant downward spiral in AH if your preference is to the offensive!Does anyone else find "auto" ack rediculously accurate?  Go back sometime now this downward spiral in the game started with removal of the ability to "pork" the fuel dumps so that the "enemy" could only load 25% fuel.  It was a very legitimate and effective tactic for slowing opposition in order to capture a base.  Currently the only strat target that has any effect on a base is the Ammo bunkers... easy to kill concrete bunkers!?!

My suggestion would be to make all ack guns Manable, forget auto ack as it doesn't exist today let alone in WW2 and exchange the fuel invinciblity with hardend ammo bunkers.

After reading this carefully worded post. My conclusion is auto ack is having the desired results. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 06:43:13 PM »

I find I have een flying through ack more successfully lately.  I've always wondered how someone could make three or four passes and not even get hit.  I'm doing it now.   :)

Currently the only strat target that has any effect on a base is the Ammo bunkers... easy to kill concrete bunkers!?!

I've often had the same thought until I remember that they are full of stuff that BLOWS UP

RE: flying through auto ack,

It helps if you shoot the ack as you fly through.  Someone you're chasing drags you over their field on the deck?  Ignore them for a second and pop a couple of guns.  That'll teach 'em.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 06:54:30 PM »
I dont know if it has gotten any worse, I can still take a 190F8 with 1 500kg bomb and 12 rockets and shut down a field for ords and troops and radar and ack :D
Heres how you do it, climb to 13k+ dive and drop your bomb on radar, this bomb might get the gun by radar too if your lucky. Then climb out and line up with the runway. Switch to rockets and start popping the 6 guns that line the runway, you might have to switch to cannons for the last gun in the line. After that its easy kill the rest of the ack and manned guns. Then hit ords and troops, maybe pop a fuel if you still got the cannon to do it. :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline vonKrimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 12:20:01 AM »
My suggestion would be to make all ack guns Manable,

Why would I want to give the L.T.A.R.s more things to shoot me with?

Fight Like a Girl

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 12:28:19 AM »

I've often had the same thought until I remember that they are full of stuff that BLOWS UP[/b

While I agree a 1000lb bomb may have that effect, I find it HIGHLY unlikely 8" HVARs, to say nothing about .50cal or even 20mm cannon fire, would be able to punch through the sort of reinforced concrete a bunker like this would be made from. That's sort of the POINT of a concrete bunker.

At the very least I think the hardness should be increased.

My problem with the auto-ack is it seems every time I get within firing range it single-pings my engine oil. :p
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 12:53:52 AM »

My problem with the auto-ack is it seems every time I get within firing range it single-pings my engine oil. :p

Well, if you'd stop flyin that darn glass-propped corsair!!  :aok

The auto-ack's fine... The only ack I have an issue with is the auto-puffy...
 :furious
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 12:56:57 AM »
Well I think that manned guns are urreasonable but to simulate manned guns you could dull the accuary alot and possibly to prevent vultching make it so the colser the enemy is the more accuarte the ack is. Although this wouldn't really solve the "Ack Draging" part.
Strokes

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 01:04:02 AM »
Well I think that manned guns are urreasonable but to simulate manned guns you could dull the accuary alot and possibly to prevent vultching make it so the colser the enemy is the more accuarte the ack is. Although this wouldn't really solve the "Ack Draging" part.

For ack dragging I wouldn't mind seeing, say if there are 4 people up from the country that the field belongs to in say, a 5 mi. radius, only half of the auto guns are up...
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 01:28:42 AM »

Hmm.  The obvious flaw would be rampant milk running on these 300 field large maps where attacks easily go unnoticed by defenders who would hypothetically man these guns.  So I'd guess there would need to be a simulated garrison manning the ack guns.  OH WAIT!!!  We already have that! Its called auto-ack  :rolleyes:

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 03:46:58 AM »
While I agree a 1000lb bomb may have that effect, I find it HIGHLY unlikely 8" HVARs, to say nothing about .50cal or even 20mm cannon fire, would be able to punch through the sort of reinforced concrete a bunker like this would be made from. That's sort of the POINT of a concrete bunker.

At the very least I think the hardness should be increased.

You can destroy a bunker with a 250lb bomb. Increasing it to 400 would stop the one pass it takes destroy it with cannon/machine gun rounds.

I do it all the time but would not miss it if gone. I do like hitting them with rockets tho and why 400 would be good even though not realistic. Unfortunately most every one of us of us here speaks with muted tongues. Change is very hard to get.

Auto ack is fine but puffy need to forget. Once it tags you your tagged till dead, out of range or below 3k. Once you pop back up, no matter how much time goes by or who is higher or closer to it, it will start shooting at you again.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »

I think it targets Canadians exclusively :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 10:21:15 AM »
I couldn't even imagine this game without auto-ack. Even with it we have far to much vulching. Could you imagine having only manned ack and how single players would roll in NOE and shoot up all the ack before other players bothered jumping into them? Then you would have one guy spinning around the field, below 500', just camping the runways.

Its really easy enough to de'ack a field as it is. But it does take time and some teamwork. Without the auto-ack, and forget the vulching for a minute, it would be so easy for one Jabo to pork even a large base. Ords, troops, fuel...forgettaboutit.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Clone155

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »
I think I have been noticing the leathality of the ack, but its not on the airbases. It seems on those V-bases every time the first shot that auto-ack fires hits me and takes out a gun. The V-base ack is very acurate for just 2 guns.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 12:28:05 PM »
I dont know if it has gotten any worse, I can still take a 190F8 with 1 500kg bomb and 12 rockets and shut down a field for ords and troops and radar and ack :D
Heres how you do it, climb to 13k+ dive and drop your bomb on radar, this bomb might get the gun by radar too if your lucky. Then climb out and line up with the runway. Switch to rockets and start popping the 6 guns that line the runway, you might have to switch to cannons for the last gun in the line. After that its easy kill the rest of the ack and manned guns. Then hit ords and troops, maybe pop a fuel if you still got the cannon to do it. :salute

your silly.

heres what you do. grab a P47D40 fully loaded 10 rocs 1 500 2 1000 climb to 25k deack the base from 20k that way the ack has no effect on YOU. then dive down for radar and ords. then vulch light is on  :aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey