Author Topic: LWO pop caps  (Read 1475 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: LWO pop caps
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 05:33:40 PM »
Cancelled?  More room in the "popular" arena.

There is more than one arena.

There is more than one country to fly for.

Ask yourself why you have to get into that arena?  Is it really that important?

If it is, perhaps one needs other interests.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »
It may well be a dead horse people. But it must be the most common complaint, and reason for people canceling their accounts. I for one would log in and log straight back out again after seeeing the arena caps. Very frustrating and the last nail in the coffin of my Aces High subscription.

You'd be wrong assuming that. The most common reason folks leave is the lame game play of the new herd.
I doubt the folks leaving because of CAPS rates even a miniscule number.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline WyoKId

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 08:06:30 PM »
I certainly have no intention of leaving the game over this. But I do have to say , sometimes I miss the days of the single MA. As far as a "dead horse" , it's just my turn to take a few whacks. If the population caps were scaled to arena demand it would make a lot of folks move on and cry about some other aspect of the game.
Outside of a dog , a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

"i like the enemy to know I killed em, building animosity amongst enemy makes for fun... otherwise why not go play golf or somethin"   bagrat

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »
I certainly have no intention of leaving the game over this. But I do have to say , sometimes I miss the days of the single MA.
My guess those days wouldn't be Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and perhaps Thursdays depending on how long the horror of TT takes to wear off for you? :lol

If the population caps were scaled to arena demand it would make a lot of folks move on and cry about some other aspect of the game.
That's how they work....

In the end, it all comes down to this; AH isn't a single player game, it's an MMO. Everybody (or at least most people) has to play in one big sandbox. 'I want to do whatever I want with my $15' doesn't work. HTC has to compromise so that things are fun for the largest amount of the player base as possible (whether they know it or not). Arena Caps and ENY are two of the systems that, although some people may not like them, do this.

Offline WyoKId

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 05:54:56 AM »

That's how they work....

I think my point was thats how they fail to work
Outside of a dog , a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

"i like the enemy to know I killed em, building animosity amongst enemy makes for fun... otherwise why not go play golf or somethin"   bagrat

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 07:32:05 AM »
I don't honestly know what determines the population caps in each arena. What i do know is they seem to be set up to cause maximum frustration. Is it to much to ask that for my 15 dollars a month i could play when i want too ?

you can play virtually any time you like. there's 2 late war arenas, one midwar, one early war, 3 special events, 1 training, 1 dueling arena.

plenty of choices.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 07:51:43 AM »
In the last 3 months, the longest I've ever waited to get into my arena of choice is 10 minutes.  That was the longest and that happened once.  Most the time I get in first try, and sometimes I have to quit, relog, a few times in a row until the cap shows correctly, mostly never more than one minute of inconvenience.  Canceling your account over this?  :huh

you're lucky that you generally log in at times when the player numbers are stable or rising, hence the short wait. if you were to log in mainly when player numbers are falling you might have to wait an hour to get into your chosen arena. notice how these complaints arent usually from players who log in during US primetime.

edit: CAP, again it depends on when you play. the very most Ive seen in MW or AvA is about 20 players. never seen anyone in EW. If I want a fight the choices are LW or DA...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 07:55:07 AM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »
Hmmm over 70 in MW last night. Smaller maps generally quick fights.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 09:06:25 AM »
Hmmm over 70 in MW last night. Smaller maps generally quick fights.

Midwar was making me laugh last night.  Kept seeing a flock of other bishops moving around holding hands.  They kept putting up a full green dar bar.  They took a vbase and left it to be retaken when baddies showed up.

When I logged in they were coming in for a landing, 7 or 8 spitties.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 09:20:56 AM »
We were at a base being attacked by a cv. Bunch upping off cv, fights all low on the water. Was great fun live or die. Only 1 individual was unable to handle the low fight and he upped from another base in a lala to pick through the bunch. Luckily he was ineffective in his endeavors.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 10:25:19 AM »
Yep was there Shuffler, Lotofun! Shanes La got chased out a few times. I wa flying the FM and loving it. 1st sortie 6 kills 2nd 9 kills. We were out #ed having GV's coming in from spawn and Lvt's coming on shore. No one tried to kill the CV (undermanned at that Base) and until they made a mad rush on the 2 or there that were left, were unable to capture it for well over an hour. After they finally did take it they all upped fighters (9) for the next base and climbed to 15k. The base was totally undefended and no one there LOL. They came back and tried to take it against maybe two defenders and coould not get it.

Mid war is Fun! Especially against the hoards.

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »
gotta love the replies from the fanbois sometimes. I also try and get in around noon- 1pm to go to whichever has the most numbers so theres less looking for the fight. Yeah, love paying for the arena cap busy signal. Some of you guys don't have a wait to get into an arena. Cool, pat yourselves on the back  :aok . Some people want to get with their squads and not make the whole squad switch arenas because of an already going fight. Doesn't seem that hard to understand, as far as that complaint that has been put out here in the bbs also. The canned answers from the fanboi side of the house are fading as quickly as the gameplay in here or in the game. Some of you guys say find a new arena. I say find a better answer fanboi lol <S>. Still hope to see you guys in the arena.

Edited for spelling

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:45:24 PM by CJ nitro »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 05:17:43 PM »
lol stated like a true 5 year old. They have to repeat themselves because your not yet understanding what was said the first 482 times.

If you have a problem with caps.. you won't find a shoulder to cry on here. Try emailing HT. That would be the proper channel to state any true problem you have with the game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 05:36:06 PM »
gotta love the replies from the fanbois sometimes. I also try and get in around noon- 1pm to go to whichever has the most numbers so theres less looking for the fight. Yeah, love paying for the arena cap busy signal. Some of you guys don't have a wait to get into an arena. Cool, pat yourselves on the back  :aok . Some people want to get with their squads and not make the whole squad switch arenas because of an already going fight. Doesn't seem that hard to understand, as far as that complaint that has been put out here in the bbs also. The canned answers from the fanboi side of the house are fading as quickly as the gameplay in here or in the game. Some of you guys say find a new arena. I say find a better answer fanboi lol <S>. Still hope to see you guys in the arena.

Edited for spelling

Well maybe if all of you folks that have such a big problem with the dynamic cap setup start leaving in droves like the players were back when there was one big arena and the hordes were driving them away,....maybe.... just maybe some body will listen to you. Of course game play is heading that way again, so we may see a third LW arena soon   :devil

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 06:03:59 PM »
I was simply supporting the OP. If that goes against the grain well get thicker skin. A third LW arena. Fugitive, you hear something we haven't? Leaving in droves? Just quit the squad and have a foot out the door now. Tried a break over the summer to maybe spark new interest. Really is a matter of time now. Shuffler you are a lousy judge of character by the way. I still salute you guys. I also have emailed HTC about these problems with getting into the arenas as well as other problems. Don't think of what i say as a whine. Just voicing problems that I have had as well is all. Try not to take yourselves so serious.