Author Topic: LWO pop caps  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: LWO pop caps
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 10:15:21 PM »
Problems you've had as well as all??

I think you take yourself too seriously. Most of the folks do not have a problem with the caps.

I'm generally a good judge of character,,, not always right but most of the time close enough.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 11:10:18 PM »
I thought this was sort of self explanatory but... maybe not.  Most the cap problems i run into are very minor.  Like 304/300 are in the arena.  Hit exit, reenter.  Check it again.  Do this every 10 or so seconds until the cap is at 299/300 and join.  Should only take a minute.  If you log on and see 304/300 and throw a tissy fit and log out, that's just foolish.

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 01:48:50 AM »
Grizz most of the time I go to join its around 276/200 or around 158/100. Takes more than a few tries of the refreshing the arena numbers to get in. Try about half an hour at least that I try to get in. It's EST noon time and during the week that the numbers are like this when I try and log in.  It's not like I just signed onto the game here yesterday either fellas. Don't let my lack of a high post count make you think I haven't been here over a year. I used to play AW around 97 and have been on and off this game over the years. The only real complaint I have ever had has been the caps, recently they are almost unbearable. It's simply because i'd like to wing up with my friends without asking them to end their fights to go to the other arena is that really too much to ask?

Problems you've had as well as all??
Meant to say "is".

I think you take yourself too seriously.
Not really i'm pretty relaxed most of the time.

Most of the folks do not have a problem with the caps.
That is good, however I and a few others here on the boards obviously do.  Maybe that number may not seem very large, I get how it can be an overlooked thing for some of you guys here. The problems with getting in still remains to alot of people though or you would not see threads like this, no? Does this happen to compute? Not everyone has the same non- problems with the game.

I'm generally a good judge of character,,, not always right but most of the time close enough.
I believe you've misjudged me. Call you a 5 year old? No I haven't, respect goes both ways. <S>

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 09:07:27 AM »
[snip authorG=CJ nitro link=topic=255564.msg3177318#msg3177318 date=1232610530]
 Don't let my lack of a high post count make you think I haven't been here over a year. 
[/snip]

Wasn't post count... he noticed your from NY.  :P

Lol had nothing else to say on this subject but was compelled to post anyway.  :D The cows all fed, the calves accounted for, Horses brushed and out to pasture. yawn.

Hope the numbers start panning out for you at the times your trying to get on. I've seen the numbers post funny sometimes but, for me anyway, they always strighten out after coming back in a couple of times.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:09:08 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 02:38:11 PM »
I think alot of the problem is the huge squads that we have now.  The squads with several wings is totally stupid.  It also makes game play suck.  I guess if you can't get it done with 32 then 100 is better  :rolleyes: 
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 02:30:26 AM »
Grizz most of the time I go to join its around 276/200 or around 158/100. Takes more than a few tries of the refreshing the arena numbers to get in. Try about half an hour at least that I try to get in. It's EST noon time and during the week that the numbers are like this when I try and log in.  It's not like I just signed onto the game here yesterday either fellas. Don't let my lack of a high post count make you think I haven't been here over a year. I used to play AW around 97 and have been on and off this game over the years. The only real complaint I have ever had has been the caps, recently they are almost unbearable. It's simply because i'd like to wing up with my friends without asking them to end their fights to go to the other arena is that really too much to ask?

Strange that there are no arena caps at Noon EST.  They do not go into effect until Noon CST which would be 1pm EST.  Nit pick.

If your friends wanted to really fly with you perhaps asking them to join you in the other, less populated arena would solve your dilemma.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 11:54:19 AM »
My new Aces High tattoo has an orange background. No way i'm flying in blue.
 :noid :t
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 12:07:02 PM »
I emailed HTC. This is something that won't get solved for anyone that runs into the caps. Yes at around noon is where I run into them. I wash my hands with seeking any help here at the bbs.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 12:39:57 PM »
Well we gave you some good ideas to work with.  Sorry none of them could make you happy.   :(
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 01:04:33 PM »
Well we gave you some good ideas to work with.  Sorry none of them could make you happy.   :(

No, you opened up the cabinet and pulled out some cans as usual. This has been beaten as a subject enough. Maybe with the WW1 idea or maybe something that attracts attention from the MA's will give reason for higher caps. That would be cool. It's been fun discussing this with you guys. Cheers

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 01:33:44 PM »
Sorry we couldn't just storm into HTC and tell them that even though they are the programmers and they have the intimate knowledge of why we needed two main arenas...that they are completely wrong. :rolleyes:

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »
You can play when you want to, just not where.  What's wrong with blue?

Maybe your squad is in orange and you get disconnected on a base take. It takes 10 minutes at times to relog in orange and this is not due to population increasing. It is due to others leaving or getting disco'd. Hi Tech has never changed the population as far as I remember and probably will never change the way they have it set up. Do they listen?
See Rule #6

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 02:02:32 PM »
Wow bong if you really need to have the last word its cool man its all yours. Don't pop a vein.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 02:22:22 PM »

Maybe your squad is in orange and you get disconnected on a base take. It takes 10 minutes at times to relog in orange and this is not due to population increasing. It is due to others leaving or getting disco'd. Hi Tech has never changed the population as far as I remember and probably will never change the way they have it set up. Do they listen?

Actually your completely wrong.  After the arena splits the population caps and the way they work have changed a few times.  HTC is always looking for ways to better serve you and I believe it or not.

Wow bong if you really need to have the last word its cool man its all yours. Don't pop a vein.

I just hate to see you leave in such a huff over this buddy.

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2009, 02:23:42 PM »
lol not mad at all. <S> man  :aok