Author Topic: TrackIR help??  (Read 599 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
TrackIR help??
« on: January 04, 2009, 12:25:05 PM »
Hi there! I got some good flight pedals, and TrackIR for Christmas this year, and boy I can't wait to get them both working in AHII! I've run across a problem here that I don't know how to fix. When we first installed it, and went to the Tracking screen I saw the 3 tracking dots, but also a lot of other red stuff too. We found out that it was also picking up my mom's plants behind me, and the sunlight coming through the window. We put a blanket up (for now) to block it out and that seemed to work. Now it's picking up the blanket too! Rather than asking my dad "The Expert"  (:lol ) what to do, I figured I'd ask someone who actually USES TrackIR.

I'm reading the guide the trainers have on their website right now too.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: TrackIR help??
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 12:37:24 PM »
View .... tracking.... settings... light filtering, adjust till happy.
See Rule #4

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 12:43:12 PM »
View .... tracking.... settings... light filtering, adjust till happy.

When I turn it all the way left (lower number) it gets worse, and all the way right (higher number) it just picks up the blanket/plants/sunlight. Everything inbetween is the same.
-------------------------------

Use blue LED for TrackIR Enhanced is checked (not sure if that always was or if my dad clicked it when I wasn't looking....he's click happy  ;) )

Light Filtering is on and currently turned all the way up

Preffered Object Size (pixels) is set to 130

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »
Did you also get the TrackClip Pro, or are you using the reflector clip that fits on a cap?  I use the TrackClip Pro, which is an LED emitter that the reciever picks up, as opposed to the reciever relying on reflected sources.  So, I'm afraid I'm not much help with the background clutter.

The "Use blue LED for TrackIR Enhanced) just turns on the blue LED if a program is running that is enhanced for TIR (Like Aces High 2).  I don't think it does anything other than let you know the program you are running is set up for TIR.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 01:45:34 PM »
I do not have the Pro I have the one that fits on a hat (or in my case, on my headset  :) )

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »
So you have the one thats supposed to fit on a hat stuck to a headset? Sun coming through the door bothers mine but not much else. Try positioning the sensor a little different. Mine is aimed down a little bit cause my chair is lower than most.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 07:18:21 PM »
You need to remove as much extraneous infra red as you can Latrobe, track ir is sensitive to it (causes all sorts of weirdness). Suggest a couple of thick blankets to block out all infrared sources (sun etc). I always close the curtains irrespective of time of day when I'm using mine.

Once you've done that, adjust the light filtering, until you can only see the 3 reflective strips on your hatband. Then you should be good to go - remember to adjust your profile to as aggressive as you can stand it (lemme know if you want a copy of mine, if you do, sling me a pm with an email addy and it'll be on its way as soon as I pick it up. My profile isnt too aggressive as yet, but seems to work pretty well as a start point) (If anyone else wants it, pm me an addy)

Make sure you have it set to vector to ensure you can see all 3 points on your hat.

HTH,

Wurzel

I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 12:30:03 PM »
My trackerIR has worked out of the box with very few problems, however, I did have a problem with background lighting.  I use the ball cap with the reflectors.  What I did was put heavy shades on the windows with to cut out the sun light, I'll bet you have little problem at night.  I have the IR mounted on my monitor. 

hope this helps
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »
I as well had issues with a lamp that was behind me.  Was able to move it so that the camera cannot see it and have not had any issues since.  Still testing to see if I need to adust the ingame settings at all.
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."