Author Topic: Saitek X52  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
Saitek X52
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »
I know there was just a topic about it but couldnt find anything with my problem that had a solution. I tried turning the lights off so it didn't use as much energy and now it just loses calibration every I'd say about 30 mins. Sometimes its really bad and other times its moderate. But It happens in GV or Plane. i've had it for 2 years I don't know if its to old or something. I have a Attack 3 joystick brand new but I love the X52 just wish the calibration worked. I downloaded all the up to date software for it and still nothing. You can't calibrate X52 in windows I just unplug it for 10 secs then go back into Ah2 and recalibrate it seems that makes it work temporally, but the next day or sometimes few hours after it'll do same thing. If you have any answers let me know, If not I'm just going to have to change to Attack 3 with its stiff joystick and hard to turn stick Errg. :furious

~Tmac73~
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Saitek X52
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 08:11:23 PM »
another thing to check with these X52's other than having a powered USB hub, is the settings on the USB port. In XP, click my computer/properties/hardware/device manager/universal Serial Bus controllers. Right clicking on the USB root hub and then power management you can check to see if it is set to "allow the computer to turn off to save power".

Maybe the computer is turning your USB port off then back on and you loose the calibration....just a thought.

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »
good thought I checked it so it can turn it off and save power. I'll try it when i go on AH2 tomorrow.  :salute

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 02:25:06 AM »
Although it may be your USB hub, you can calibrate your Saitek in windows. It is in your Saitek Control Panel. Either you haven't opened it or you did not download it. Its called the profilerU and the icon will be in C:program files/Saitek/profilerU.

Like I mentioned earlier, in Nascar sims, our controllers worked "OK" with no windows calibration. We did some experimentaion with the logitech profiler. Aces High really has no "Measuring Stick" to see if a "Pre-Windows" calibration actually makes and difference if any. There is no "Reason To The Rhyme" here.We used Logitech Momo force feedback wheels(Controller).

With Nascar Sims we noticed a few things:

Controller would not lose calibration
Lap times decreased dramatically

We actually had a measuring stick with lap times. On some tracks it was as much as .5 seconds. We also noticed a few more things. We held the yellow line much smoother which probably related to quicker lap times. Also, on Super Speedways such as Daytona and Talledega, bump drafting behind another car was at least 15% smoother which again, helped lap times.

I run a Saitek X52 and when I started playing sometimes I could not get an accurate calibration(plane shakey and having a hard time aiming) in game so I decided to calibrate with my Saitek Profiler and calibrate in game. Boom perfection. I was running an old Athalon 3000 at the time with 300W PSU so maybey it was USB hub?? I do not know but the theory worked. I still do it with my new computer and swear by it.

I recommended this to about 10 guys and they used the technique or theory and it worked perfect for them. So in end, before recommending a USB HUB try the windows calibration and in game. It looks like others have this problem by reading the responses. Banshee bought a USB hub and still has the problem. As far as registration entries, this is the first I have heard of it. I am running original drivers that came with X52. It seems this would be the easiest thing to try before goin to spend more money.

I calibrate in game alone and my computer/game works fine. It is not like most of us have to calibrate in windows, I just have been doing it for years with all my various controllers.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 02:31:53 AM by drdeathx »
See Rule #6

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 05:54:13 AM »
I've opened it and it only shows that I don't know what to do to calibrate it then in that software.

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 08:59:26 AM »
The X-52 has an automatic calibration system. When you open the controller's properties and see the screen with all the axes, sliders, and buttons. That is actually your calibration screen. Move the axes and sliders around and your Saitek is automatically calibrated.

Yes, I know this doesn't resolve your situation. Just letting you know that you really can calibrate the joystick in Windows.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 09:15:45 AM »
TMAC,
I find that you shouldnt calibrate it in-game thats when mine loses its calibration but when it does go out i unplug it then replug it real quick and it works acouple of days.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 10:15:40 AM »
Ok so that should help it I got the software I guess I didn't have it  :P I'll try to see if it works when i go on tonight. Thanks guys. <S>

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »
another thing to check with these X52's other than having a powered USB hub, is the settings on the USB port. In XP, click my computer/properties/hardware/device manager/universal Serial Bus controllers. Right clicking on the USB root hub and then power management you can check to see if it is set to "allow the computer to turn off to save power".

Maybe the computer is turning your USB port off then back on and you loose the calibration....just a thought.

Is there a file before "Properties" in that?  I can't find Properties under "My Computer"
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 10:26:02 AM »
Go to Control panel and click on game controllers then double click on the controller you  have hooked up it should show it listed.

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
Is there a file before "Properties" in that?  I can't find Properties under "My Computer"

right click My Computer then click properties.

also right click USB root and click properties to get to power managment.

Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 12:11:47 PM »

what i am unsure about is should i unclick the let computer turn off to save power? ? ?
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »
Yes, uncheck it. If the power is turned off to the USB hub it could cause the X52 to lose calibration. To prevent it from happening we take away the computer's power to deactivate the USB Hub. Thus the reason for unchecking the option to allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 06:40:55 PM »
ok i found it.  Mine shows 5 USB roots.  I just unchecked the box to all five.  We'll see if this works.  :salute
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 08:04:15 PM »
Mine still uncalibrates with Lights off on it and That USB option unchecked. any other Ideas except anything to do with buying something  :P

"E Tan Epi Tan"