Author Topic: Can't get GV to move.  (Read 546 times)

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
Can't get GV to move.
« on: January 04, 2009, 08:33:40 PM »
I have tried everything.

1.  went to Controllers -> Map Controllers,  Copied mode 1 to mode 2.  My understanding is that *SHOULD* give me basic setup.  No matter what I do, the RPM for the engine never changes.
2.  Did the same thing, went to calibrate joysticks and calibrated everything (I have a HOTAS Cougar and CH USB pedals).  Again, nothing at all.
3. Tried mapping RPM1 and Throttle1 to various axis on the throttle and joystick.
    Nothing.

Could someone please take a couple of pics of their MapControllers setup for GVs and post them?  I'm at my wits end.

Ouch

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Can't get GV to move.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:46:46 PM »
If you have at least X=Analog inputs roll, Y=Analog inputs pitch, you should be able to put it in gear, push forward on the stick and be rolling.  Until the stick is moved while it's in gear the engine will stay at idle.

Except for the PT boat, the throttle has no bearing on vehicle controls.  The PT is the only instance where you need to increase the throttle in order to move.  Not sure what else to offer at this point.

Offline Allen Rune

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 10:45:45 PM »
No offence but you weren't exactly clear on this part, did you try hitting "E"? Other than that, it's what Murdr said, you have to use the stick to go forward.
The Screwed One

"And so it begins, may it never end."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 12:56:01 AM »
We were just talking about this in the wishlist forum.  The gas pedal for the gv's should be controlled with the throttle, not the stick.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 10:09:38 AM »
We were just talking about this in the wishlist forum.  The gas pedal for the gv's should be controlled with the throttle, not the stick.

...but it is not.

E starts the engine.  The engine is not running when you launch.
Q shifts gear up, W shifts gear down. 
Push the stick forward to throttle.  Once it throttles up, it stays up.  So you do not have to constantly push forward.  Pull back to stop.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Ouch

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »
Thanks Murdr. Why is it "pitch" and "roll" instead of something that makes sense, like throttle or RPM??  Been ticking me off for several days.

Ouch