Author Topic: X-52 USERS WITH PROBLEMS  (Read 2043 times)

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
X-52 USERS WITH PROBLEMS
« on: January 08, 2009, 09:08:01 PM »
saitek has come out with a new drivers and a NEW SST programming system(if you use it)...

The link to what I have done recently is here..

http://www.saitekusa.com/supp/saitekUninstall.htm

This link leads you to where you can TOTALLY uninstall your saitek EVERYTHING from the system,took me less than an hour to do..

I then went and downloaded the NEWEST drivers and SST programming system from the same link,just click on downloads and find your stick..

Something to consider before Downloading the NEW drivers..They will NOT work with anything you have programmed under the old SST program,they will be in a new .PRO format and you will have to TOTALLY re-do all your SST settings for in-game as their is no way to move it over to the new .PRO format.

I have just finished installing all this new stuff on my old x52 and I have to say it seems ok..My original problem was the stick uncalibrating at odd times..I will know more as I fly more to know if it has worked permanently,but will let you know if it does it again..

If  you dont use the SST programming and you have problems with your stick uncalibrating,then you have nothing to lose by just updating the drivers..But I would recommend the above link saitek uninstall from your comp..

Anyway,hope this helps some of you..

Falcon23 :salute

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: X-52 USERS WITH PROBLEMS
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 08:41:57 AM »
Thanks for the notice. I'm not going to get the new drivers, though. My X-52 has never given me trouble, and I don't want this driver update to mess that up.

If it's not broke, don't fix it. ;)
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »
i tryed this and played for around 2 hours earlier and i didnt have any problems at all, it works a lor better for me.
thanks for the info falcon :aok

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »
If it's not broke, don't fix it. ;)

Agreed!  Keep it simple stupid is what I always say.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 04:42:45 PM »
I agree with KISS,this was for people with Prblems with there X52's..especially those who have the problem if it uncalibrating..

Falcon23 :salute

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »
There is a program out there that is tiny and free and will make ANY stick (or almost) programable.  You can find it here:http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie

I have used it and it is a tiny little .exe that will run behind AHII with no loss in frames.  It does require a certain amount of smarts to design a complex script but for simple stuff it's cake.

It does not need to be installed, it has no drivers to load.  Just set up your script and run it.  Very KISSable
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:37:16 PM »
Wellmy stick did uncalibrate in-game again.. :cry

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 07:32:07 AM »
OK now that i did that I can't re install the damn software or drivers  :furious And I tried to do it by adding hardware and it says the X52 is ether corrupt or missing COde 39  :furious

EDIT: I downloaded for Windows 64 bit when mines 32 bit(It downloaded)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 07:34:28 AM by Tmac7 »
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 08:04:09 AM »
I just don't get it. There must be half @ dozen Saitek PROBLEM threads up and running. Why not just buy a CH stick and live the remainder of your lives trouble free?

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 08:52:22 AM »
give me the $$ and i'll feel free to aren't they over like 200$
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 09:07:02 AM »
Well,I will be playing in-game here in a bit to see how things go...

Falcon23

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 09:17:25 AM »
give me the $$ and i'll feel free to aren't they over like 200$

The Fighterstick will set you back $99. Granted, you'll probably spend another $200 on peds and a throttle, tho the Saitek X52 throttle will work with a CH stick just fine.

I've purchased at least 6 Saitek sticks over the years...cpl of Cyborgs, cpl of Evos, X-45, X-52...sooner or later they all wound up in the landfill, mainly due to calibration (lack of) issues. Like you, I didn't want to spend a few hundred bucks. Meanwhile I wasted at least $400 on Saitek sticks. All I can tell you is that CH gear is trouble free and lasts forever.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009, 09:18:41 AM »
I just don't get it. There must be half @ dozen Saitek PROBLEM threads up and running. Why not just buy a CH stick and live the remainder of your lives trouble free?

Please send check payable to all of us to replace our sticks! Btw 3 years X52 no problems heavy use.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:25:19 AM by drdeathx »
See Rule #6

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 10:29:44 AM »
I got it!! A Federal Saitek stick bail-out  :aok

Call your Congressman and tell him, "Max sent ya."  :D

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 11:29:21 AM »
Save your money.  Put your spare change in a coffee can.  Buy CH.
Some people in-game are using my old Ch gear that is 10 years old and going strong.  I can name a few.

I'm not trying to do anything but help.  I've been there with Logitech, saitek etc.  I've been doing
MMOG flight simming for many years.  There is nothing made as reliable as CH when it comes to game controllers.
I say this from experience.  Sure...once in awhile someone will have a problem with anything.  Ch has the best support
in the business.  And what do I see posted more then anything in here about game controllers?
I see posts about game controller problems with everything but CH. X52 etc.

One would think about seeing as many posts with problems about saitek etc. one would shy away from blowing their
hard earned dollars on unreliable crap.

Save your change....purchase one piece of CH gear at a time.  I prefer the Combat stick.  It's cheaper then the fighterstick.
Next......I'd purchase the pedals and throttle.  If you have those 3 controllers the only time you will touch the keyboard
would be to type in the text buffer.

It will save you money and aggravation in the long run.

My Ch is always calibrated.  Actually I've never had one go bad!  My Ch pro pedals are 11 years old and going strong!

The throttle is 8 years old....and the Ch Combatstick I'm using is 6.....and I gave the previous CH Combat stick to someone in game
and they are still using it!  I gave a whole CH HOTAS analog mind you to a player (runs from gamecard) and he is still using it!

Wise up!  Start saving your silver and copper.  Relieve yourself of the aggravation and the need to replace that crap every 2 years.

Save yourself some money if you plan on playing the game for years to come.   Get CH.
- The Flying Circus -