Author Topic: Any air warrior 3d Gravediggers still flying here?  (Read 440 times)

Offline maim38

• Zinc Member
Any air warrior 3d Gravediggers still flying here?
« on: January 09, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »
i was in gravediggers when it was played on gamestorm call sign Maim.
Downloaded the game 2 nights ago and was debating whether to start flying again.
I do miss the old sqaud night in european theatre relaxed realism.  I rem flights of birds coming off the tarmac in formation and the camraderie i felt. Was wondering if its still the same has i rem it?
Proud ex member of the Gravdiggers   ----RA> Ahhh the good old days of Air Warrior in 3D

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: Any air warrior 3d Gravediggers still flying here?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 10:46:38 PM »
Lot of old air warriors in here.  I remember the grave diggers squad, weren't they Bs for the most part?  Been a while. 

Jump into the main arenas, you'll find some old friends and plenty of new ones.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:52:28 PM »
I was   -->OP... were you   -->MA?  CO used to be here, dunno if he still is... plus maybe wild bill and maybe 1 or 2 others.

anyway, long time and welcome (back?) to AH... you'll adjust if you bear it out.

aside to peanut gallery:  yeah, yeah, I did it all even back when, RR (-->OP), FR (Oopsy/Shane), skwadz, FT arena, deathstars, scenarios - just like I do it here with all the LW's, AvA and DA, infrequently MW but not yet EW.   :aok

ROC, we were mostly Az or Cz in the RR euro arenas with occasional forays into the Pac.  Our biggest rival would have been the Window-Washers (WidowMakers, ->ID, one dash to our GD's 2.)  We flew ponys, 38's and f6's mostly, with the odd deathstar and vader.  We used to roll up the arena on squad nights, lol total pwnage.  FR was different - I flew there more than most RR <cough> weenies. I actually played both in the same camps.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline maim38

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 10:52:36 PM »
Its been 10 years or so but if i rem correctly we had a bomber wing, fighter wing, and a heavey fighter wing or just another way of calling p51 and p38 with eggs. I flew in the fighter wing and occasionlly the heavey fighter wing.
Was some good times screaming in heavey dropping your eggs on a target and then capping the base for the goonie bird.
I wasnt totally awesome but i did manage to get the rank major before the game went poof.
Proud ex member of the Gravdiggers   ----RA> Ahhh the good old days of Air Warrior in 3D

Offline maim38

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 10:53:47 PM »
hey OP yup i was MA OP hows it going bro.

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 10:55:08 PM »
Geez Shane, I forgot that was you, I flew in FR alot, but had a squad in RR.  I was <ROC> for the most part in there.  I did remember you weren't Cz regularly, and did move around. I stuck to Cz for the most part.  Waffle Stompers, ya, I loved killing them  :D
ROC

Offline maim38

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 10:59:51 PM »
OP the only reason i found this game was the old gravediggers web site is still up and listed aces high 2 has the new gravedigger home.  Then i noticed that thre page hadnt been updated since 2005....bummer.
So anyways what sqaud do you fly with now and more importantly do squads fly has a team and have squad nights like i remember.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »
Yeah in FR I was mostly Cz as Oopsy, then towards the end added Shane and flew Az, sometime Bz depending on #'s and who I wanted to fight.

I was in an FR squad for a while - they came here later, dunno if they survived the ken-jr thing which occurred after I left.  I know the name, on the tip of my tongue. Go ahead and laugh at the thought of me speechless. :noid  <edit:  Hired Guns, Lugs was CO iirc, he later defecated to The Damned or Nomads (?)>
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 12:39:30 AM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 11:01:54 PM »
OP the only reason i found this game was the old gravediggers web site is still up and listed aces high 2 has the new gravedigger home.  Then i noticed that thre page hadnt been updated since 2005....bummer.
So anyways what sqaud do you fly with now and more importantly do squads fly has a team and have squad nights like i remember.

Many squads my friend :rock
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 11:05:10 PM »

Well, I never really did the squad thing in FR, nor much of it here in AH.  I'm basically a lone wolf (a loud howling one.)

Squads are very much alive and well here in AH.  I'd say get used to the game, follow around various squads (and join missions open to anyone), and after a time you'll find some group you're comfortable with.

If you have any questions later about the game, just post them here and people will respond.  The search feature is pretty good as well.  AH is very similar to what you remember, but better (some would argue this. :noid )

Offline maim38

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 11:06:10 PM »
I rem JR wasnt he a lawyer and what happned?

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 11:09:18 PM »
No idea really... not many came to AH after AW died, nor enough at the same time to re-form here. I never really kept up with them after coming here.  I do have fond memories of flying RR with the GD's.

Offline maim38

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 11:12:55 PM »
Well just became a member see how this goes. Give my brand new plastic saitec pro joystick a workout. Feel free Shane to give me some names of GOOD squads id appreciate your input bro.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 01:02:43 PM »
Well just became a member see how this goes. Give my brand new plastic saitec pro joystick a workout.

Maim, once you get used to the FM and interface, I think you'll like it.  There are so many people here that I have been playing with and against since the mid 90's in AW, that I couldn't even begin to make a list of them.

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »
maim, even though you have alot of experience and have flown sims for a while, AH has a very well staffed training arena and it is worth spending some time in there. 

Then once you get comfortable, look around the special events area.  There are far more events going on that AW had, not just scenarios, but regular weekly stuff. 

And don't let the forum banter and Main Arena sillyness get to you, kinda like a bunch of sharks, they appear fierce but a light tap on the nose sends em scurrying away.
ROC