Author Topic: justice for Oscar grant  (Read 4649 times)

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
Re: justice for Oscar grant
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 07:07:58 AM »
You're kidding, right?  Someone is dead and you're concerned about this idiots career?  Why the hell isn't this guy in jail?  If it was any non "LEO" they would have been locked up on the spot and already arraigned before a judge.  Instead his "brothers" are hiding him not only from a lynch mob, but also from justice. Their is NO excuse for this.  No sarcasm.  I meant every word of it and you have no right to brow beat me about my level of passion in this absolute miscarriage of justice.
exactly!! this is one of the meny points im trying to make here to show how  dumb the law and media think americans are  the un cut videos (there were three) different people that rolled cameras and kept quiet these were being posted by 3 am the start to finish non-manipulated   but at this date the internet is flooded with edited footage and the funny thing is i can tell wich videos any person has seen based on the context of terms implanted in the mindset by the media wich directs  the viewer to form an intended  opinion & response i started this thread to prove a point to a friend and every post proved a point thankyou
sandman

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 07:33:49 AM »
exactly what i said in the other forum......

cops generating revenue.  :rofl i have to go to court this tuesday, because i have my business name on my van. one of somerdales finest pulled me over because i didn't have commercial tags on it. i was such a danger to others, that it requires me to appear in court for this.  :rofl
in seeing the first footage (i happed to recieve it as it was posted i saw grant and his friends sitting along the floor the fight was with others not grant and his friends (if your pumped up from  a fight your not gonna sit on the floor) police were pumped up and ordered them to stand up grant made it to his knees hands up in a non aggressive manner when they grabbed him and slammed him face down of course at this point police have to get grants hands behind his back right? 2 cop attemptiong to do the same thing while applying full body pressure  by knee  and the human arms have limited movement right but as a bystander it could be viewed as a struggle we cant pretend we havint seen this before
  and eh why would the cop lawyer up  fil 1 shows clearly why  he stood un holstered  brace by other hand looked at his gun and fired remember i said there are three video three angle and the image is burned in memory as well as CD if ya cant find em pm me :salute
sandman

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 09:14:01 AM »
Punctuation was a wonderful invention.  I hate to see it go to waste.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 11:09:41 AM »

LOL
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline smkelly13

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 01:41:33 PM »
:aok
forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions
-
Soon you will be able to buy a GM product imported from China at a Wal Mart Super Center.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 01:50:40 PM »
I doubt that since MOST law abiding citizens wouldn't make the cops have to throw them down and have 2 or 3 of them wrestle with him just to get cuffs on him. If he had done what the cops had said, he would be alive today.

I'm not saying he deserved it, but he is the one that set up the situation.

You obviously have not seen the video. Oscar Grant was not resisting, he was cooperative and was still shot in the back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKy-WSZMklc&fmt=18

Mr. Grant is not fighting back at all. He does appear to be getting up at one point with his hands up. Directly following that he is moved to a prone position on his stomach by the officers. Due to the sequence of events I believe he was cooperating with the officers when he started moving. Prior to that he was siting peacefully next to the wall. Mr. Grant certainly wasn't thrown down nor did the officers wrestle with him in order to cuff him. Indeed, it doesn't look like they even got cuffs on him before he was shot.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline zuii

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 03:26:09 PM »
The government, including the police are are WAY out of control in this country.

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"

Empress Zhang: "I love cannons"
(it was not all fun and games inside the forbidden city)

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 05:42:13 PM »
You obviously have not seen the video. Oscar Grant was not resisting, he was cooperative and was still shot in the back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKy-WSZMklc&fmt=18

Mr. Grant is not fighting back at all. He does appear to be getting up at one point with his hands up. Directly following that he is moved to a prone position on his stomach by the officers. Due to the sequence of events I believe he was cooperating with the officers when he started moving. Prior to that he was siting peacefully next to the wall. Mr. Grant certainly wasn't thrown down nor did the officers wrestle with him in order to cuff him. Indeed, it doesn't look like they even got cuffs on him before he was shot.

If you do what the officer says you don't end up on the ground. That happens when you try to resist. Treat them with the utmost respect, EVEN when you know you haven't done anything wrong, and you won't have a situation like that happen to you.

Bottom line is, don't do anything that will have cops coming after you. If people did that, there would be less crime in the world.

Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
Sigh>>>
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 07:51:25 PM »
 i cant say what i was going too i wasint even going to post another comment however I'm compelled too
 the unwritten rules of  conducting ones self in a situation with police  changes city by city state by state the yes sir no sir  though reasonable in some areas  may be  seen a sarcastic in others i live very close to Miami where one can find them selves a single wrong word away from hell on earth with officers in a situation   just going to buy milk  it sure doesint  look like he was gently  set in prone what with the knees and all   had the cops prone me  as a potential threat and I'm in a wheelchair knee to neck and knee to kidney like  i was a real threat   stop making excuses for the cop! it is what it is!
the system is failing admit it and that's it Roy can you lock this thread sir <<my mistake
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 07:53:53 PM by E2hawkey »
sandman

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 08:13:19 PM »
I'm not making excuses for the cop. Its common sense that if a cop comes up to you that you cooperate with him wether you did anything wrong or not. IF the cop does anything out of line after that then he will answer for it, but the problem today is there are too many paopel out there that don't respect the authority that badge gives them. Sure there are some that shouldn't be wearing it but there are FAR MORE of them that deserve respect for putting thier lives on the line to protect and to serve.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »
If you do what the officer says you don't end up on the ground. That happens when you try to resist. Treat them with the utmost respect, EVEN when you know you haven't done anything wrong, and you won't have a situation like that happen to you.

Bottom line is, don't do anything that will have cops coming after you. If people did that, there would be less crime in the world.

You obviously still have not watched the video. Oscar Grant did not resist at all. Commenting without watching the video isn't all that smart. ;)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »
I'm not making excuses for the cop. Its common sense that if a cop comes up to you that you cooperate with him wether you did anything wrong or not. IF the cop does anything out of line after that then he will answer for it, but the problem today is there are too many paopel out there that don't respect the authority that badge gives them. Sure there are some that shouldn't be wearing it but there are FAR MORE of them that deserve respect for putting thier lives on the line to protect and to serve.

That's just it, far to often the officer DOESN'T have to answer for it.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 09:15:45 PM »
That's just it, far to often the officer DOESN'T have to answer for it.

For example...................... .......
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 12:47:15 AM »
For example...................... .......

Multiple police shootings that have been on this board, we talk about the shooting itself and then that's the last we hear of it. They protect their own.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that Oscar Grant's killer won't even go to criminal trial. It will be ruled an accidental discharge and no criminal charges will be filed. Could be wrong, but that's my bet.

If it was me or you that had an accidental discharge that killed someone we'd be up on charges for negligent homicide.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:49:29 AM by Elfie »

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 05:12:23 AM »
Multiple police shootings that have been on this board, we talk about the shooting itself and then that's the last we hear of it. They protect their own.

If it happens so often and they have nothing done about it then you should be able to produce many examples.

Tango78
78th Razorbacks