Author Topic: justice for Oscar grant  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Re: justice for Oscar grant
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 08:21:04 AM »
If it happens so often and they have nothing done about it then you should be able to produce many examples.

Watch this video and then explain why this officer has not been arrested. This is a prime example.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »
You obviously still have not watched the video. Oscar Grant did not resist at all. Commenting without watching the video isn't all that smart. ;)

I didn't watch it. My belief is the officer is responsible for his weapon. Shooting someone in custody is not something that is to be accepted. Now if the perp is not following instructions then I can see possibly pulling ones weapon.

I have no idea why this guy was being pulled to the side or what he did. I do know that if he did something to cause the police to be called then he is the one who set this all in motion. I see too many folks just flat disrespect the police. I have seen an officer or two disrespect an individual when it was not warranted. It's best to follow the rules / laws so you don't have these run-ins.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 10:46:07 AM »
That's just it, far to often the officer DOESN'T have to answer for it.

Well, it sounded good.

Multiple police shootings that have been on this board, we talk about the shooting itself and then that's the last we hear of it. They protect their own.

"Multiple shootings on this board"? :lol "The last we hear of it"? :rofl So name them and then tell us about how the investigation is going.

Watch this video and then explain why this officer has not been arrested. This is a prime example.

My guess is the local prosecutor has access to more evidence then some computer creation named Elfie.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
I have no idea why this guy was being pulled to the side or what he did. I do know that if he did something to cause the police to be called then he is the one who set this all in motion. I see too many folks just flat disrespect the police. I have seen an officer or two disrespect an individual when it was not warranted. It's best to follow the rules / laws so you don't have these run-ins.

Exactly my point.

Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2009, 12:15:18 PM »
"Multiple shootings on this board"? :lol "The last we hear of it"? :rofl So name them and then tell us about how the investigation is going.

My guess is the local prosecutor has access to more evidence then some computer creation named Elfie.

I'd like to know as well if there are ALOT of incidents like this where the cop doesn't have anything happen to them. We're still waiting for some news on that.

Its funny how people see a 1 or 2 minute grainy video, jump to all kinds of conclusions without getting the whole story.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 04:32:38 AM »
I'd like to know as well if there are ALOT of incidents like this where the cop doesn't have anything happen to them. We're still waiting for some news on that.

Its funny how people see a 1 or 2 minute grainy video, jump to all kinds of conclusions without getting the whole story.

It's not just incidents like this, it's the whole professional courtesy thing. Cops don't tell on cops or write cops tickets. I've spoken with cops at length who bragged about the whole professional courtesy thing, one of whom I worked with at a part time job.

On this board two other shooting incidents that were discussed were the one with the cop standing on the hood of a moving car like he thought he was Dirty Harry firing rounds through the windshield, another incident where a cop shot an MP in the back several times after telling him twice to get up. (Video's of both of those were posted here.)

Funny how you jumped to conclusions without even seeing the video. Still haven't seen it is my guess because the video isn't *grainy* at all. It's quite clear.

I doubt that since MOST law abiding citizens wouldn't make the cops have to throw them down and have 2 or 3 of them wrestle with him just to get cuffs on him. If he had done what the cops had said, he would be alive today.

I'm not saying he deserved it, but he is the one that set up the situation.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 04:33:45 AM »
Well, it sounded good.

Ahh the whole look down your nose at the citizens post. We are all to familiar with these posts from you.  :rolleyes:

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 05:40:56 AM »
It's not just incidents like this, it's the whole professional courtesy thing. Cops don't tell on cops or write cops tickets. I've spoken with cops at length who bragged about the whole professional courtesy thing, one of whom I worked with at a part time job.

On this board two other shooting incidents that were discussed were the one with the cop standing on the hood of a moving car like he thought he was Dirty Harry firing rounds through the windshield, another incident where a cop shot an MP in the back several times after telling him twice to get up. (Video's of both of those were posted here.)

Funny how you jumped to conclusions without even seeing the video. Still haven't seen it is my guess because the video isn't *grainy* at all. It's quite clear.

The first incident I saw. The guy was speeding away from the cop all over the place and when he stopped and the cop got out, he tried to run over him. The cop ended up on the hood yelling at him to stop. He was justified in shooting since the guy was using the car as a weapon.

Haven't seen or heard anything on the second one.

As for the video, yes I saw it. Its grainy and the big question is why were the cops called? Why were there several other people sitting around cuffed? What was being said that set up the situation? These are questions you and the public don't have. All you have is a short grainy cell phone video showing the results and not what led up to it. Funny how YOU jump to conclusions without getting the whole story.

By the way, I have a brother who is a Fed.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2009, 07:44:09 AM »
The first incident I saw. The guy was speeding away from the cop all over the place and when he stopped and the cop got out, he tried to run over him. The cop ended up on the hood yelling at him to stop. He was justified in shooting since the guy was using the car as a weapon.

Haven't seen or heard anything on the second one.

As for the video, yes I saw it. Its grainy and the big question is why were the cops called? Why were there several other people sitting around cuffed? What was being said that set up the situation? These are questions you and the public don't have. All you have is a short grainy cell phone video showing the results and not what led up to it. Funny how YOU jump to conclusions without getting the whole story.

By the way, I have a brother who is a Fed.

Actually, the video I saw posted here never showed the guy trying to run over the cop.

The video posted on this event is certainly not HD quality but it isn't grainy either. The events can be seen quite clearly.

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 09:54:57 AM »
What upset me the most, is how the rest of the cops acted after the shot was fired.

One cop folds his arms, and stand there, before almost being hit in the head by someone, if it was a accident, dont you think the cops should have been showing more emotion than "jus' tryin' to keep the peace mam" Not a single one of those (cops) put up there hand and said anything like "woah woah woah, it was an accident, we need to get this man some medical attention now!"

no instead it was "oh shoot frank, you just shot him, were all gonna die down here."

Get use to the police state rising people, this is not the last you have seen of things like this. only reason we are so outraged is because some girl recorded it,then had to FLEE from the very same metro cops trying to take the evidence "give us your phone".

Anyone who is shot while face down, hands behind there back, was executed.

After that gun shot, every single cop stood up, and took a self protecting stance as to say "job well done here"
Not a single one started removing clothing, or checking the wound, trying to put something over the bleeding.(HELP HELP!)

They had one thing in mind "where is that damned camera!?, give it here, NOW..i am the law!"

And guys, police forces and military and U.N. solders have been trained for years now, how to kill civilians, maby he just fergot the NWO was not due to kick off so soon.

Remember that.

Edit: oh okay he was not handcuffed, and the video i saw was taken from the other side of the train, odd how it shows cops helping him, in the video i saw he jus gets shot, a few moment later the cop almost gets hit in the head by a flying object, and the girl runs back inside the train while being fallowed closely by a female cop.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:10:44 AM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2009, 10:29:11 AM »
 :lol
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2009, 11:45:16 AM »
In the video I linked, there is actually two different videos of the incident. The first one is pretty crappy because the person who is holding the phone keeps moving it around. The second video is actually pretty decent quality and shows the event's much clearer and without people in the way.

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »
They picked him up in NV on a fugitive warrant. It would seem that he knew it was gonna hit the fan.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2009, 01:49:24 PM »

There was a report of a fight on the BART train between a group of party goers.  It is not clear whether or not Grant was part of either of the groups taking part in the fight.  The BART police just yanked everyone from that train to try and figure out what was going on.

There is also speculation that the BART cop by accident pulled his service weapon instead of his Taser.  Anyway, the cop should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and serve prison time if convicted. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »
On a related note Cops with tasers kill more people yearly than accidental gunfire.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone