Author Topic: 3 countries  (Read 2734 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: 3 countries
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009, 01:53:18 PM »

Let's see....forcing a resonalbly fair (50 is even far too many, but at least an example) 50 man advantage...where one country cannot get a massive numbers imbalance will backfire HOW?  If someone cannot fly on a side that already has a 50 man advantage---then just how many more to they friggin need?  "I can't fly where I want because THEY ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY PLAYERS" is more appropriate.   Again..how many more do you need?  If you are saying you need 25 or even 50 or even 94 more player advantage to be happy---what does that say about you and your country?

Ideally, each side should be reasonably even.  In that case, if a side gains or loses bases, wins or loses air or ground fights, you can chalk it up to a better or more skilled side.  As it is now, with one enemy with a 25 or 30 man advantage, and the other with 80 or 90....it's slaughter by numbers.  What get's accomplished in that? 

I will GLADLY fly on a different country if it means not being constantly gang-banged by countries with a 50 or 100 man advantage....and who wouldn't?  That's a heck of a lot better than how it is now.  If flying somewhere where there's not a 25 man advantage on the one side and a 94 man advantage on the other side and it's the Alamo every night....count me in.  With the massive numbers imbalances as it is now, it's a flippin joke...and got old a long time ago.

More importaintly, I don't see an answer from HiTech (who I asked my question/proposed a soloution to in the first place).  I guess no answer means as long as you are a bish or rook the gross side imbalances are just fine...if you are a knight....go look for a different place to spend your $15 a month.

ROX

So you finally get it?  Playing the game isn't just for one groups enjoyment but for all?  A fair and balanced game where all types of gameplay can thrive is more important then the horde and winning the war?

I don't recall this same tone when the glorious "Knits Alliance' was rolling bases and smashing the smaller number resistance with it's mob and those of us that were thinking beyond the tips of our own noses about a fair fight were being accused of spying and lying.

The irony here is you are wanting HTC to force players to go where they don't want to, so that you can play the game the way you want to, but when it was the other direction you would have none of it.

A perfect example of the me first AH community majority that made it so easy to walk away.

But I thank you for reinforcing my decision.  LOL classic.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Re: 3 countrys
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
The 1st three letters of your handle spell "Spy".............    :uhoh
:rofl :rofl :rofl
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009, 02:01:06 PM »

Let's see....forcing a resonalbly fair (50 is even far too many, but at least an example) 50 man advantage...where one country cannot get a massive numbers imbalance will backfire HOW?  If someone cannot fly on a side that already has a 50 man advantage---then just how many more to they friggin need?  "I can't fly where I want because THEY ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY PLAYERS" is more appropriate.   Again..how many more do you need?  If you are saying you need 25 or even 50 or even 94 more player advantage to be happy---what does that say about you and your country?

Ideally, each side should be reasonably even.  In that case, if a side gains or loses bases, wins or loses air or ground fights, you can chalk it up to a better or more skilled side.  As it is now, with one enemy with a 25 or 30 man advantage, and the other with 80 or 90....it's slaughter by numbers.  What get's accomplished in that? 

I will GLADLY fly on a different country if it means not being constantly gang-banged by countries with a 50 or 100 man advantage....and who wouldn't?  That's a heck of a lot better than how it is now.  If flying somewhere where there's not a 25 man advantage on the one side and a 94 man advantage on the other side and it's the Alamo every night....count me in.  With the massive numbers imbalances as it is now, it's a flippin joke...and got old a long time ago.

More importaintly, I don't see an answer from HiTech (who I asked my question/proposed a soloution to in the first place).  I guess no answer means as long as you are a bish or rook the gross side imbalances are just fine...if you are a knight....go look for a different place to spend your $15 a month.

ROX

First, if you want an answer from HT, EMAIL HT. Second, so your saying that if the Knight had the numbers with this plan implemented you would willingly switch to the lower numbered team to play? If that is so, why are you complaining about being on the lower numbered team?   :devil

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2009, 02:01:54 PM »

So you finally get it?  Playing the game isn't just for one groups enjoyment but for all?  A fair and balanced game where all types of gameplay can thrive is more important then the horde and winning the war?

I don't recall this same tone when the glorious "Knits Alliance' was rolling bases and smashing the smaller number resistance with it's mob and those of us that were thinking beyond the tips of our own noses about a fair fight were being accused of spying and lying.

The irony here is you are wanting HTC to force players to go where they don't want to, so that you can play the game the way you want to, but when it was the other direction you would have none of it.

A perfect example of the me first AH community majority that made it so easy to walk away.

But I thank you for reinforcing my decision.  LOL classic.

You could have just hijacked the thread with one sentance...why bother with 5?

And BTW:  Yes, you are a liar....we proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt months ago.

ROX

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 02:04:33 PM »
First, if you want an answer from HT, EMAIL HT. Second, so your saying that if the Knight had the numbers with this plan implemented you would willingly switch to the lower numbered team to play? If that is so, why are you complaining about being on the lower numbered team?   :devil

HiTech came on the thread and asked a public question.  I am well withing my right as a member of this forum to help answer his question, and then ask my own, it WAS on topic.

I already answered your question.  Why you are asking it again seems ignorantly redundant.

ROX

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »
I was asking a new question, yes you answered the first, but avoided the second which was why are you complaining now? You are already on the outnumbered team, which you say you will gladly switch to. Whats the problem?

and as for HT post, I took it as being sarcastic, but I might be wrong.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009, 02:25:54 PM »

Yeah... Lord knows I can't fight unless i'm in a late model plane. 

Yeah thats what it looks like.

It is not like in a typical tour I fly 20+ diff rides or anything.

Nope just mainly one 1945 plane.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »
Personally I think they should add a country for 2 weekers called pawn.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2009, 02:45:13 PM »
I was asking a new question, yes you answered the first, but avoided the second which was why are you complaining now? You are already on the outnumbered team, which you say you will gladly switch to. Whats the problem?

Because switching from the lowest side to the highest side DOES NOT solve the problem. I am talking about making a solution to a problem. The problem is gross numbers imbalance--and if I switch to the sides with higher numbers, how on Cod's Green Earth does that help solve the problem?

If there is a policy in place, where after one side gets such & such percentage of numbers advantage (say 40 or 50 more players) that a mechanism kicks in to keep that side from even growing larger, that's a possible solution.  We all know ENY is a joke, and doesn't balance anything, so why not have something that actually works?

If there were such a mechanism in place--and I could not fly for my regular country, it would make perfect sense for me to have to fly elsewhere, because they would have maxed out the policy trigger and have far too many players already.  Again, I am proposing a solution to a problem.  If I have to fly somewhere else because my country has 50 more players than the others, I will.  We knights have (as long as I have been playing) been outnumbered 95% of the time, but here lately, it's just insanely disporportionate.

How many flippin' players advantage do you need?  20?  25?  50?  65?  85?....94? 

Just after Christmas the bishops had us outnumbered by 117 players...last week, rooks had us outnumbered by 94.  So exactly how much of a player advantage do you actually need to be competitive with knights?  100?   150?

I don't think HiTech was being sarcastic.  I think he did not truly understand the original poster.  The original poster kind of muddied the waters of his own question by getting into ENY and hopping sides to get cheaper rides.

ROX
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 02:58:31 PM by ROX »

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2009, 03:07:55 PM »
Yeah thats what it looks like.

Nope just mainly one 1945 plane.

Let's look at diversity of aircraft.  (starting in Aug which is before my house fire in Sept)

Me
Aug
landed kills in 26 diff fighter/attack rides (not including jets)
July
June
landed kills in 20 diff fighter/attack rides (not including jets)

(I could of course go on... If you wanna include 262/163 you can add another 1-2 most tours)

You...
Aug
Flew a 262 and a Tempest so we'll skip this month.
July
landed kills in 12 fighter/attack rides.
June
landed kills in 8 fighter/attack rides.
May
landed kills in 11 fighter/attack rides.

Sure I have a "main" ride.  I have flown the niki as my ride of choice for 6+ years.  So do you (I recall you are a "decent" 109k stick) but I do fly and land kills in a larger diversity of aircraft tour in, tour out than you do.  I have (almost) always landed kills in 20+ diff rides every tour.  Ya' don't see me making posts about your "limited" plane set experience do ya'?  Or point out you yourself fly the niki so I don't know why the  hypocritical post about me when I land kills in twice as many (ish) diff. rides most tours than you do.

Crap son, look in the mirror before ya' go spouting off drivel like this.  Clean up y'er own side of the street before you tell me what mine should look like.
(edit:  something about glass houses is comin' to mind...)

Not MY fault the AvA flopped.  I gave it an honest try last time they did the long "War" thingy.  The side imbalance was rampart and the calibre of fight was sub what I could find in the LW.  If I am gonna get yelled at for changing sides in the AvA to even it up, I am gonna just move on and choose not to fly there.  If I wanna get hoarded, I will just head to the LW and fly Knits.  I made a post in the AvA forums about it all, and I was spot on in my opinion and the AvA went back to nobody flying it right about when I said it would.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 03:17:36 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 04:00:50 PM »

Because switching from the lowest side to the highest side DOES NOT solve the problem. I am talking about making a solution to a problem. The problem is gross numbers imbalance--and if I switch to the sides with higher numbers, how on Cod's Green Earth does that help solve the problem?

If there is a policy in place, where after one side gets such & such percentage of numbers advantage (say 40 or 50 more players) that a mechanism kicks in to keep that side from even growing larger, that's a possible solution.  We all know ENY is a joke, and doesn't balance anything, so why not have something that actually works?

If there were such a mechanism in place--and I could not fly for my regular country, it would make perfect sense for me to have to fly elsewhere, because they would have maxed out the policy trigger and have far too many players already.  Again, I am proposing a solution to a problem.  If I have to fly somewhere else because my country has 50 more players than the others, I will.  We knights have (as long as I have been playing) been outnumbered 95% of the time, but here lately, it's just insanely disporportionate.

How many flippin' players advantage do you need?  20?  25?  50?  65?  85?....94? 

Just after Christmas the bishops had us outnumbered by 117 players...last week, rooks had us outnumbered by 94.  So exactly how much of a player advantage do you actually need to be competitive with knights?  100?   150?

I don't think HiTech was being sarcastic.  I think he did not truly understand the original poster.  The original poster kind of muddied the waters of his own question by getting into ENY and hopping sides to get cheaper rides.

ROX

I understand what your saying. The numbers imbalance doesn't bother me. It continually changes as squads rotate countries, as well as some squads getting fed up with their country due to the way they play, and they switch. Your suggestion for a fix however won't work because we ALREADY have that crowd that WON"T switch countries now. Your suggesting that HTC "force" players to switch. As it is set now they have the option to switch, and some do, although many are accused of being spies.... Im sure you've seen that happen. Most still don't take the option to help out. Sure it would be great to have even numbers all the time but I don't think there is a way to do it especially if people don't want to bother voluntarily. 

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »
Let's look at diversity of aircraft.  (starting in Aug which is before my house fire in Sept)

Me
Aug
July
June
landed kills in 20 diff fighter/attack rides (not including jets)

(I could of course go on... If you wanna include 262/163 you can add another 1-2 most tours)

You...
Aug
Flew a 262 and a Tempest so we'll skip this month.
July
landed kills in 12 fighter/attack rides.
June
landed kills in 8 fighter/attack rides.
May
landed kills in 11 fighter/attack rides.

Sure I have a "main" ride.  I have flown the niki as my ride of choice for 6+ years.  So do you (I recall you are a "decent" 109k stick) but I do fly and land kills in a larger diversity of aircraft tour in, tour out than you do.  I have (almost) always landed kills in 20+ diff rides every tour.  Ya' don't see me making posts about your "limited" plane set experience do ya'?  Or point out you yourself fly the niki so I don't know why the  hypocritical post about me when I land kills in twice as many (ish) diff. rides most tours than you do.

Crap son, look in the mirror before ya' go spouting off drivel like this.  Clean up y'er own side of the street before you tell me what mine should look like.
(edit:  something about glass houses is comin' to mind...)

Not MY fault the AvA flopped.  I gave it an honest try last time they did the long "War" thingy.  The side imbalance was rampart and the calibre of fight was sub what I could find in the LW.  If I am gonna get yelled at for changing sides in the AvA to even it up, I am gonna just move on and choose not to fly there.  If I wanna get hoarded, I will just head to the LW and fly Knits.  I made a post in the AvA forums about it all, and I was spot on in my opinion and the AvA went back to nobody flying it right about when I said it would.

I wasn't talking about how many different planes you got 1 kill in over the last eight months. I was talking about how you and others like you don't come in to the AVA because they like to fly uber latewar planes every day. I guess these "stats" are another way to try and make yourself look right. That's why I'm also guessing why all my stats are wrong, and why you only chose to do F/A planes. Take a look at the main rides (you know the ones with the big numbers in the "kill" column) and see what I was talking about.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »

No, you are correct...and ROX has previously proven that he can't find those instructions on the heel of the boot.  :rolleyes:

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2009, 05:24:47 PM »
I wasn't talking about how many different planes you got 1 kill in over the last eight months. I was talking about how you and others like you don't come in to the AVA because they like to fly uber latewar planes every day. I guess these "stats" are another way to try and make yourself look right. That's why I'm also guessing why all my stats are wrong, and why you only chose to do F/A planes. Take a look at the main rides (you know the ones with the big numbers in the "kill" column) and see what I was talking about.

My reasons for not flying in the AvA has zip to do with the plane choice.

I can fly pretty much any ride and be successfully with it, which is why you will see me land kills in 20-25 diff planes each tour.

As I have allready said, the LAST time I gave the AvA a shot was when they tried to move it from an arena about Aerial Combat to a "Win da' War" lame setup.  When I got cussed out and yelled at for changing sides to even the numbers I decided that it was not the place for me.

Has EVERYTHING to do with the people, and ZERO to do with the planes.

Before that, I never really saw the "allure" for the most part.  For all the "we have the best fights in the AvA" post I read the bottom line was no, no it really did not.  You had the same % of decent sticks vs. noobs as any other arena.  It might "seem" like there were better fights because of the smaller numbers, but no, not really.  I was ho'd at, picked, and run from just as much as in any other arena I flew in.  Those that DID fight me pretty much died just like in any other arena and just as easy (and sometimes killed me of course).

If the AvA was a viable arena I would fly it.  (if some of the "regulars" have quit being such whiney dolts that is)

Considering I ran Aces Highs SnapShots for a year or two one would think you would have the grey matter to "get" that I love those types of historical matchups.

Considering I ran the King of the Hill for a year or two one would think you would have the grey matter to "get" that I love fighting in different planes. 

How many times in KOTH did I pick a Niki for the next round after I won?  Never.  D3a's, Hurri 1's and C202's were what I would typically pick.

Geez all these years and you are still just a twit not worth my time.

I consider this lame conversation "over".

Get a clue son.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »
Aww looks like someones feelings are hurt. You seem pretty hung up on the "war in the AvA". Since you make a big deal about the fights during that time you might want to check a few facts about it. It was based around hording and milking running, so it drew in the "win the war" types from the MAs. When that happened the great fights went out the window so your idea of the fights in the AvA are wrong just like your "stats". As for the snapshots and KOTH I hardly ever flew those, but we all know how that turned out for you don't we. All I see is you flying the N1K2 then getting a few kills in other planes then try to make it look like you fly them a lot to. As for the name calling that's nice oh and I'm not your "son" so you can stop with that, because it isn't going to work.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner