Author Topic: All hail...  (Read 7730 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: All hail...
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »
No, that's perfectly fine but if it doesn't work the first 3 times, the pilot should probably try something else... but most the time that's the only weapon in his tomatonal hence is in the B&zer to begin with.  There's nothin more annoying and dweeby than a pony diving 10k to shoot me, dodge, repeat, dodge, repeat, dodge, repeat, dodge, fire, maybe clip his wing as he flies by, "zomg i dont have enough E to continue this charade" and he runs away.  Ya know what I mean?

I know exactly what ya mean.  Had it happen to me last night...And i clipped his wing with my .50s and he ran away
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2009, 04:32:52 PM »
We had some good fights last night. :aok
Or was that Banshee5?
What's the deal?
-AoM-

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »
that was probably my imposter Banshee5...dont recall fighting you
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2009, 04:39:19 PM »
No offense NB but according to your stats..when you play the game you don't GV, Buff or capture.  How can you call somebody else myopic when you only play one aspect (fiter)???  If thats not a "its my $15 and I'll do what i want attitude" im not sure what is...

Animal's post in the other thread is still the best one I have read...if there really is a large group of vets who want furballing...form and train appropriate squads and have at it.

I have never seen a buff pilot insult a furballer because they havent learned all the tricks behind buffing...but furballers sure seem comfortable suggesting that anyone who hasn't entered a "ACM training" Dojo are newbs who "just dont get it"....

...and just how far back did you look? Been there...done that...not sure, but I think I even finished ranked in the top 25 a couple of times (my to my embarrassment :D). SRI bud, I started doing this stuff almost 20 years ago. I was a trainer in AW for about 5 years and head trainer for about 4 of them. Yah, I had to teach people to play ALL aspects of that game.

I quit caring about "score" in early 1991 (bailed on a squaddie to protect my score...said never again). I cared about score when I started here, simply because knowing how the scoring system works makes it easier to predict what people are likely to do in a given situation. So, if you bother to look back at the first 6 to 8 months I played, I did it all. There is a reason why I don't GV much now a days. Unfortunately, the new graphics with AH2 create problems for me due to color blindness. As for bombing, I find it to have all of the excitement of concrete set. I don't "rag" people that only bomb or GV. I DO "rag" those that only bomb or GV in an effort to "win the war" while avoiding combat as much as possible.

Come to think of it...why on earth should I bomb? Bombing is only slightly less difficult than driving a school bus (imagine tryin' to lay those eggs with 50 screamin' kids  in the back of the bus!!). :D

Seriously, there are very few "bomber pilots" in AH that I respect. They are the guys that not only advertise their intentions....they dare you to come get them. They understand what makes the game work........COMBAT. That is what no one on the capture monkey side of this seems to be willing to examine. The game is designed to create situations where combat will occur. Back in da Olden Days, NOE's were entertaining...in large, because they were relatively rare. Since the demise of the "Rooks Outnumber Everyone" days, NOE's seem to be the method of choice. There in, they defeat the purpose of the game....COMBAT.

Personally, "The Race to Reset" tripe is the worst thing about AH. Since I was here prior to the demise of AW....I can say, with all honesty, it wasn't this way until AW's door closed.

BTW Falc...it isn't my intention to insult anyone either.........unless they deserve it. :) :salute

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »
Neither of you are addressing the actual issue that was presented. Base taking by itself is fine. It's the horde mission that's now used to take said base.

Scotch---you know we love ya  :salute, so please take this in the kind spirit in which it is presented:

A) How long does it take to take a base with 4 or 8 or even 12 to 18 guys milling around a medium base, there's no centralized organization mind you, before 20 guys show up to oppose you...how long does it take to take that base?  If they are lucky, it might take 4 to 6 hours.

B)  How long does it take to take a base with those same 12-18 guys who are extremely organized, each person knowing exactly what to do and being able to quote it back to you with a second's notice--who all hit the base at the same time...how long does it take them to take that base?  Between 4 and 6 minutes if they did it right, and many still get to land kills.

I think the problem you are talking about is in the last few months, a couple of sides have taken to launching 50 to 60 guys to take a base in one operation---3 or 4 full red darbars decending on a base.  When they need that many, there's an operational/training problem.  If you can't take a base within 10 minutes with 18 guys, it's time to hang it up and go play Slingo.  I never had that many people---ever.  

About 10 months ago, I had 24 guys once to take a zone base..never have had that many after that.  The average was mostly about 18 per mission.  

I don't know what to tell you about the 50-60 man raids.  When a side has 50 to 100 extra guys advantage, I guess all the left-over guys get bored.
There seems to be absolutely no effort whatsoever to stop the gross numbers imbalances.  Good luck with that.

Scotch, If there are those who call you a "furballer" for how you want to play...tell 'em of bug off---it's YOUR $15 bucks.

ROX

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:57:33 PM by ROX »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2009, 05:08:53 PM »
You got to know when to HO'em, know when to rope'em,
Know when to pick away and when to run.
You don't count your perks sittin' on the runway,
There'll be time enough for countin' sitting in a ack gun.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2009, 05:09:38 PM »

:lol  nice  :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2009, 05:12:11 PM »

LMAO

Sig material. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2009, 05:30:11 PM »
Alright, I watched the film.  Fwiw, to the right the Tempest out-turns the 109K, both in rate and radius.  It's funny that the entire premise of how he flew was a belief in the opposite. :lol

No, that's perfectly fine but if it doesn't work the first 3 times, the pilot should probably try something else... but most the time that's the only weapon in his ars3nal hence is in the B&zer to begin with.  There's nothin more annoying and dweeby than a pony diving 10k to shoot me, dodge, repeat, dodge, repeat, dodge, repeat, dodge, fire, maybe clip his wing as he flies by, "zomg i dont have enough E to continue this charade" and he runs away.  Ya know what I mean?

Oh, of course, that is annoying... but it doesn't exactly sound like a true rope-a-dope.  In other words, you're not falling for it. :aok
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 05:33:13 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »
Oh, of course, that is annoying... but it doesn't exactly sound like a true rope-a-dope.  In other words, you're not falling for it. :aok

Exactly.  If a plane comes in above me with more E, I fully expect him to try to rope me, maybe even twice, but when that doesn't work, the jig is up.  That's why in my OP that you commented on I said multiple rope attempts (like 6) or B&z passes are dweeby.  The extent of the dweebness increases exponentially with the number of B&Z passes at the same plane.  :aok

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2009, 11:01:26 PM »
TOMATONAL
the language filter has gone to far
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »
Well at least I didn't marry her!  ;)

I did say ex.   ;)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2009, 02:45:38 AM »
Well I have said my piece and it is likely time for this thread to die...

Thanks to WmLute and others who said kind words :salute

I'll continue having fun and somehow manage too find this game highly entertaining along with 900+ folks each night...hope all other posters here can find a way as well :P

I still think Animl had it right in his long post in "why they are leaving".  Unless YOU are willing to lead by your actions...then you have noone to blame but yourself.  The very fact that people get so worked up over 5 of 150 bases being taken by NOEs on a given night suggests some intrinsic value to a base.  Imagine if you just ignored them and acted like it wasn't such a good OR bad thing...maybe people would lose interest...  Imagine if you created fiter squads that didn't pick or alt/e fight but instead mixed it up in low alt furballs...were courteous on ch 200...didn't insult other styles of play on the BBS...maybe those alternatives would seem more attractive... :salute
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2009, 04:08:33 AM »
Scotch---you know we love ya  :salute, so please take this in the kind spirit in which it is presented:

Despite previous words.  :salute  :salute

I think the problem you are talking about is in the last few months, a couple of sides have taken to launching 50 to 60 guys to take a base in one operation---3 or 4 full red darbars decending on a base.  When they need that many, there's an operational/training problem.  If you can't take a base within 10 minutes with 18 guys, it's time to hang it up and go play Slingo.

Exactly what we're talking about!  :aok
Overwhelmingly excessive force and the damages it causes. Whether it be in base taking or dog piling on some poor SAPP in a 38.

There seems to be absolutely no effort whatsoever to stop the gross numbers imbalances.  Good luck with that.
One step at a time?
Hopefully something comes to light from this. It's obviously a problem that most people can agree on.

Scotch, If there are those who call you a "furballer" for how you want to play...tell 'em of bug off---it's YOUR $15 bucks.
:t :t :t they can call me whatever they want. i just kill them.  :devil
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:10:05 AM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #254 on: January 21, 2009, 05:00:30 AM »
Well I have said my piece and it is likely time for this thread to die...

Thanks to WmLute and others who said kind words :salute

I'll continue having fun and somehow manage too find this game highly entertaining along with 900+ folks each night...hope all other posters here can find a way as well :P

I still think Animl had it right in his long post in "why they are leaving".  Unless YOU are willing to lead by your actions...then you have noone to blame but yourself.  The very fact that people get so worked up over 5 of 150 bases being taken by NOEs on a given night suggests some intrinsic value to a base.  Imagine if you just ignored them and acted like it wasn't such a good OR bad thing...maybe people would lose interest...  Imagine if you created fiter squads that didn't pick or alt/e fight but instead mixed it up in low alt furballs...were courteous on ch 200...didn't insult other styles of play on the BBS...maybe those alternatives would seem more attractive... :salute

You truley stick to your convictions which should be highly respected  :aok

Its not about 5 out of 150 bases that get taken NOE style the point these guys are trying to make. Sure it can be fun flying with 20 other folks..but today its 5 out of 150..next week its 10 and so on and so on...
Its like a bad infection that wont heal itself unless someone can bring the light on these people that this game can be fun in so many other ways besides being in a cloud of green guys.
Its a big reason the squad decided to adopt another chess peice because in our other one...it was just too much with 30-40 going to one spot on the map every 5 minutes. You will find alot more people will follow suit once they see the light. :salute
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz