Author Topic: All hail...  (Read 7717 times)

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
Re: All hail...
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 08:17:40 PM »
In both cases the other 1/2 are at the town.

These squads have reason to be proud of themselves!
I salute you.  :salute
Or in your words... "oink".

No, your right. My mistake thinking you were pointing fingers. Quitcherbellyachin and play the game the way you see fit.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 08:27:35 PM »
Looks like properly executed missions to me that can only be done without foresight, and courage by the bad guys.

Didn't we just go through all this before on oh about 10 threads that covered a 100 pages or more. In the end Rooks were still Rooks, Knights still knights, and Bish still Bish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »
The game I'm interested in playing seems to be disappearing rather quickly as this attitude takes over. I'm gauging just how much by the responses and praises to the 'mishuns' I'm reading here.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:42:28 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 08:54:22 PM »
Looks like properly executed missions to me that can only be done without foresight, and courage by the bad guys.

Didn't we just go through all this before on oh about 10 threads that covered a 100 pages or more.

Yep...and you guys still don't have a clue.  :frown:

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 09:08:14 PM »
The game I'm interested in playing seems to be disappearing rather quickly as this attitude takes over. I'm gauging just how much by the responses and praises to the 'mishuns' I'm reading here.

(Image removed from quote.)

ROFL!
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 09:12:53 PM »
oh what I would pay to have all those ground pounders all bunched up within 10 feet of each other and drop the Volkswagen from under the stuka right on their heads...that would make my day  :devil
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2009, 09:18:35 PM »
Yep...and you guys still don't have a clue.  :frown:

Clue about what?  :rofl :rofl That's a rather baiting comment.

Let me just say I'm going to play the game the way I enjoy it. Fly when I want, what I want or can. GV when I want and try to take bases when I want. As far as I can tell the only thing that brings the game to a low level is some of the outrageous stuff seen posted on these boards. Frankly some people will complain even if you hung them with a new rope.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »
oh what I would pay to have all those ground pounders all bunched up within 10 feet of each other and drop the Volkswagen from under the stuka right on their heads...that would make my day  :devil

:rofl
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »
What you consistently fail to comprehend is that the kind of stuff going on in game these days relates to great game play like sitting in the corner with your pud in your hand and yelling "THIS IS GREAT SEX!!". In reality, a circle jerk would probably more accurately describe what is going on in that picture. Substituting stealth and numbers for good tactics and balls of steel is what has been happening.

Oh well, the upshot will probably be the death knell for NOE attacks. At this point, that probably isn't a bad idea.

(btw, get out of the corner....you're gonna go BLIND! :lol)

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 09:45:17 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

That is so sad.  One of the finest exhibits I've seen amongst a pile of evidence that shows how bad the DA has gotten and the general mentality for that matter.  Pitiful. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2009, 10:20:47 PM »

How hard is it to understand?

Some guys like takin bases, some guys don't. So what? Who cares?

From all I've read on these BBs, the guys who don't, always act like they are superior players .

You would think that if it bothered them so much, they would pay a little more attention. (SA)

Pretty funny really.

There are some real opportunities for great fights lost in not upping to defend against an noe attack.

I mean really!! How sneaky can it really be?

1st the town starts flashin, then the base starts flashing!!

How much more of an alarm is needed?

The real question is--Why don't the bad guys up and defend??

If no-one ups to defend a flashing base, it most certainly can't be blamed on the noe attack!

Jeeez, they gave ya enough notice!

It's quite simple to understand, and understand it I do.

I personally LOVE talking bases.

I do it quite often.

The BIG difference between you and me is when I am heading towards an enemy base and I see a large dar bar pop up I think "WOOT! This is gonna be fun!" whereas you think "Durn, now I gotta look for a diff. base to attack because they are defending this one".

The absolute BEST is when the bad guys slightly outnumber the friendlies.  Nothing move satisfying than fighting hard for a base slightly outnumbered and winning.  Those captures are made just so much sweeter because of it.

Know what that feels like?  I'm betting not. (if you DID you would be promoting THAT style of gameplay)

I logged on last night and saw a huge nme dar bar at a base (a34 IIRC) and they had it fully capped.  Field ack was down, VH dead, and 20-30 bad guys swarming all over the field.  (a WELL known Bish "base taking" <snicker> squad)

I spawned in a whirble and headed to town with a couple others.

I watched that huge horde get stopped cold by 1/2 to 1/3 it's numbers and they failed to take the field.

Shortly after the same hoard attacked another base.  (undefended of course.  a33 IIRC)

This same hoard was met with roughly 1/2 to 1/3 it's numbers and again was stopped cold.

Later in another arena myself and roughly 5-6 friendlies encountered 8-10 players from one of those 'famous' bish base taking squads.  It was a slaughter.  Rusty as heck from not flying for over a month I scored 20+ kills in 4 sorties vs. one death.

Wanna know why?

The vast majority of people that fly around in these huge packs are pretty clueless about how to fight.  The REASON they are so inept at fighting is (duh) they fly around in huge hoard's and attack undefended fields.  You can't learn how to fight if you are constantly in a pack with a huge number advantage.

As I said last month I challenge these squads that constantly run these noe hoard missions to run those same missions vs. large nme dar bars.  You will STILL have the number advantage, and there is no GOOD reason why you can't succeed every time.

This will have a twofold effect.

1) Those clueless noobs will get some great fighting experience and might eventually figure out what they are doing.
2) It would increase the level of gameplay for all involved.  (I mean, who doesn't like a good fight after all)

The argument of "the base was flashing, what more do you need" is really quite pathetic.

There are not 20-30 players sitting in the tower just waiting to see towns flashing so they can up and defend.

It's a bull crud cop out for a horrible style of gameplay.

You RUN those types of raids because if you actually have to attack a defended field you are going to fail.  And the REASON you are going to fail is your style of gameplay doesn't promote players to actually have to learn to fight.

I "get" why you run them.  I always have.  I fully understand that learning to fight is HARD and flying around in huge packs attacking undefended fields allows the player involved to skip the whole "practice for a year or two and figure out how to fight" stage.  It's a copout.  It's for the lazy and uninspired.  It's for the players that want to have faux success at something but...

Let us not kid ourselves here. 

By doing this you REALLY are not accomplishing anything.  Took the base?  (there is always another one)  Reset the map? (there will be another up in 5min).  The "war" is never ending.  Nothing is really "won" as far as the "war" is concerned. 

Catch those same players in a 1 on 1 and what happens?  They die.  Quickly.  So they go back to the hoard so they can at least feel like they were successfull at the game.  The cycle continues and those players will always be easy kills because they never take the time to figure out how to win a fair fight.

What happened to the pride squads used to have flying out to meet the bad guys head on? 

I am sad to say those days are almost gone and the game is lessened for it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:29:53 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2009, 10:30:40 PM »
It's quite simple to understand, and understand it I do.

I personally LOVE talking bases.

I do it quite often.

The BIG difference between you and me is when I am heading towards an enemy base and I see a large dar bar pop up I think "WOOT! This is gonna be fun!" whereas you think "Durn, now I gotta look for a diff. base to attack because they are defending this one".

The absolute BEST is when the bad guys slightly outnumber the friendlies.  Nothing move satisfying than fighting hard for a base slightly outnumbered and winning.

Know what that feels like?  I'm betting not.

problem is, your little scenario right here is 99% of the time pure fiction, you wont get a capture without the element of surprise.. damn sure not against superior numbers,  for the exact reason stated before... as soon as the enemy recognize whats going on, they will totally ignore all fighters and bombers and focus their attack on the goon(s) 

Your glorified mano e mano BS wont happen, if your lucky you will get a few picks killing LAs that are oblivious to you as they hurtle towards the C47s, but not much more than that..

in then end your massive well planned mission is an absolute an utter failure because within 1 minute of your arrival all your goons are dead from kamikaze attacks.  after that if your lucky you might get a cap on the airfield and get a vulch going.. how wonderful and honorable  that is... good fights there seeing who cant pop the guy at the runways spawn first, YAY!    Or the opposition will simply choose to totally ignore you and stop even trying to take off, knowing full well the spine of your attack is broken and you cant get another goon to town before it starts popping anyway. roll a wirble or 3 to town, your screwed forget it.

meanwhile, in the same amount of time 1/4 the amount of people have taken 3 of your bases while you flail helplessly in your valiant attempt at getting one..   

at least you can pat yourself on the back while your waiting on the map to reset.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2009, 10:33:11 PM »
Why is it so important to get people playing 'your' way? People that think like you are here already and playing. Find them and give each other what you want. Whining about it makes you look worse.  :devil
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »

problem is, your little scenario right here is 99% of the time pure fiction, you wont get a capture without the element of surprise.. damn sure not against superior numbers,  for the exact reason stated before... as soon as the enemy recognize whats going on, they will totally ignore all fighters and bombers and focus their attack on the goon(s) 

Your glorified mano e mano BS wont happen, if your lucky you will get a few picks killing LAs that are oblivious to you as they hurtle towards the C47s, but not much more than that..

in then end your massive well planned mission is an absolute an utter failure because within 1 minute of your arrival all your goons are dead from kamikaze attacks.  after that if your lucky you might get a cap on the airfield and get a vulch going.. how wonderful and honorable  that is... good fights there seeing who cant pop the guy at the runways spawn first, YAY!    Or the opposition will simply choose to totally ignore you and stop even trying to take off, knowing full well the spine of your attack is broken and you cant get another goon to town before it starts popping anyway. roll a wirble or 3 to town, your screwed forget it.

meanwhile, in the same amount of time 1/4 the amount of people have taken 3 of your bases while you flail helplessly in your valiant attempt at getting one..   

at least you can pat yourself on the back while your waiting on the map to reset.

Maybe you make your plan so that the goonS arrive 15 minutes AFTER the attack, and at 5-7 k altitude. This way, goon hunters are low and ineffective. Can you use SKILL to hold the attack in place long enough for your goon to arrive? Try it, not only does it work, the thrill of holding off the enemy is a pretty good rush. Problem is, can you guys fight as well as you talk?  :D

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2009, 10:42:11 PM »
As I have always said...

If you don't want the bad guys to fight back, ya' might as well play offline and capture fields to your heart content.

THIS game is about combat.

Specifically Aerial Combat.

Why so many people fly around trying to avoid bad guys is beyond me.

Never understood it.

AMEN!

Least amount of effort for the most results.  That is the game for too many people. The minute you see one of these and repel the first wave, rather than battle it out, they regroup and try it at another undefended base.

Beginning to think that WW2OL's attrition system was a pretty god idea after all.

~AoM~