Author Topic: If in this update we...  (Read 1791 times)

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
Re: If in this update we...
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 03:41:35 AM »
Which aircraft came as a third finalist after B-25 and P-39? maybe Me-410?

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 03:49:04 AM »
B25>P39>A26.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »

Not talking about the IL2. I was talking about the lend leased A20, B25, and Boston Mk IIIs. They may not have been made in Russia but they were used by them so they are "Russian bombers".

I'd be more willing to share your perspective if people would actually use the VVS skins that were made for them in special events.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 09:42:59 AM »
It's been more than 3 years since a british aircraft was updated or added- time for a mossie update with a shiney new model or two. :)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 09:55:29 AM »
It's been more than 3 years since a british aircraft was updated or added- time for a mossie update with a shiney new model or two. :)

speaking from a totally objective and unbiased view I agree with Thrila 100%  :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 11:22:43 AM »
Ive got a funny feeling that its going to be a random plane, that hasnt really been requested all that often. I think its going to be the I-16. We got the Brewster (Hasn't been announced officially, but why else would Pyro be looking for all the info he can get about it eh?) for the finns, so I think they're fleshing out the EW Russ-finn war plane set. The I-16 would fit perfectly into that catagory, and also flesh out the mediocre EWA plane set. At the moment that arena is using up resources that could be used in better ways, and its unpopulated 90% of the time. I believe that HTC is trying to get people in there to make it worth their time having it open. Therefore the I-16 would be a logical inclusion.

p.s, Im hoping for the HE111  :aok
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 11:45:32 AM »

Not talking about the IL2. I was talking about the lend leased A20, B25, and Boston Mk IIIs. They may not have been made in Russia but they were used by them so they are "Russian bombers".

They were American bombers used by the Soviets. If this kind of criteria is used then a lot of airplanes and vehicles should have been left out, including "all" the Russian made ones.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 03:18:07 PM »
how about the FG-1A, the F4U with out the arresting gear and wing mechanisms. :D

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2009, 03:46:12 PM »
Although I think there's something coming that's much bigger than any a/c...

Same here.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »
He-111 and  Brewster buffalo are both crap airplanes and will do nothing for LW Main, MW and hardly a thing for EW which should be scrapped for WWl planes or a moderated by the people arena(CM's and such) with certain plane sets changed weekly. On the other hand, the guys from FSO might like them entering but would hate to fly them after they've been unveiled for a month or so.

The only four that make sense are B-29, A26, P39 and Yak3 at this time.

Every word of this is my opinion only so it's ok to trash me.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »
Same here.

ZOOM That Remembers and puffy ack that don't!!!  Cool! :aok

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »
I'm a lot more sure about the Brewster than the Heinkel :lol
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,255747.0.html

Although I think there's something coming that's much bigger than any a/c...

you saw the n00k information thread also.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2009, 03:59:14 PM »

We already have the P-39D and Q.

Personally, I think it;s time for more axis iron, or something else NON-American.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »
how about the FG-1A, the F4U with out the arresting gear and wing mechanisms. :D

Woot! ~500 lighter airframe. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2009, 04:07:54 PM »
He-111 and  Brewster buffalo are both crap airplanes and will do nothing for LW Main, MW and hardly a thing for EW which should be scrapped for WWl planes or a moderated by the people arena(CM's and such) with certain plane sets changed weekly. On the other hand, the guys from FSO might like them entering but would hate to fly them after they've been unveiled for a month or so.

Every word of this is my opinion only so it's ok to trash me.

They may be crap planes, but if we only go for the best, why do we still have the Stuka, the Spit 1, the Hurri 1, BF 109E4, BF 110C, JU88 etc. I could continue my list for a while more. Heck, remove all planes except the LA7, Spit 16, P51, Lancaster and B24. Simple fact is that nothing will be done about the current waste of space that is EWA. Thats a fact. Now, if more EW planes are added (Brewster and HE111) it may attract more people into this arena. Its a shot I would try if I was HT. He has business from the LW, but he has an arena that is using up resources for nothing. If I were him, I would try and make SOME sort of attempt to get people in there, make it worth his time having it open.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack