Author Topic: Do you like WW I Air Combat?  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Re: Do you like WW I Air Combat?
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »
I still prefer the Master Plan I unveiled in another thread several weeks ago (rather than diverting resources from mainline AH development), but I'll be happy when I get my wood and canvas, however it comes.  :salute

When I win the lotto, I will be starting a subsidiary company to HTC that will use the same engine and graphics to make a WWI sim. Call it Aces High: Wind in the Wires or something like that.

And it will be Central vs Allied arenas, not the massive free-for-all mess we have now. :)
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »
Like it or not, I believe HTC has more customers to gain by expanding into WWI than it does by adding the Heinkel, or the Oscar, or the Brewster. The latter will serve to satisfy customers who are already here, the latter will attract new ones.

I'd be satisfied, and I'm already here...  :aok
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2009, 05:23:25 PM »
Heck. I like WWII air combat. When they gonna offer something along that line?

(note" the arenas are a fantasy slap fest circus "flying" simulated WWII aircraft.
It is not a venue for anyone who wants to experience WWII aircombat. IMO
that's what scenarios do (somewhat) and what CT was hopefully to provide)
I think the ragwings will do nicely in the current arenas...

It't the historical setups I'm curious about.  Like what types planes are the thinking?  Will they have bombers?  the mighty Opel even?  Derigibles and zepps?

This idea, while I love it, died over at the other game company due to lack of updates and new material.  In fact it's so dead there, that you only find 3 to 7 players max at any given time.

So... What's HTC's take on keeping there version fresher than the old WB one?
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2009, 07:38:13 PM »
I think the ragwings will do nicely in the current arenas...

It't the historical setups I'm curious about.  Like what types planes are the thinking?  Will they have bombers?  the mighty Opel even?  Derigibles and zepps?

This idea, while I love it, died over at the other game company due to lack of updates and new material.  In fact it's so dead there, that you only find 3 to 7 players max at any given time.

So... What's HTC's take on keeping there version fresher than the old WB one?

DOAIII is definitely a pale comparison to DOA II which was vastly popular. So much so that they had to kill it to get people to try DOA III....and eventually (in a short time) leave. Sound business, eh?

If its complete and done right, a WWI sim would be very popular . Besides, it would be cool to see the 1337 dewdz reaction after they surpass 150 ias in a dive, hehe.
Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »
Red Barron was a pretty fun game......I love WW2 aircraft by far!.......I think WW1 next,, in order of preference. and then jets.
Jets never seemed that fun .....radar lock on something you can't really see ..a distant explosion you barely see.....not so fun
Much more fun to see the bullets ripping through your enemy...the smoke the flames.........
<S> 999000

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »
999000 in a Gotha or Caproni, maybe a Farman...

I'd hit that!  :lol

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Blue

• Zinc Member
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2009, 09:07:02 PM »
Personally I've always felt that the current terrain was more befitting WWI then WWII.
I think a WWI arena would be a fine addition to the game

I wasn't aware that the terrain in Europe had upgraded itself to a more modern look in the time span between WWI an WWII.

Learn somthin new every day........

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2009, 01:23:46 AM »
hellz no. WW1 air combat was more a act of sucide and survival. but it would be cool to see a zeplin try and bomb HQ's lol

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2009, 02:06:10 AM »

I wasn't aware that the terrain in Europe had upgraded itself to a more modern look in the time span between WWI an WWII.

Learn somthin new every day........

Actualy, considering a large area of France was ruined during WW1, the difference in pre and post 1918 is quite noticable in places, some chateux and villagees were obliterated completely. But then you would have to have been to France to have seen this of course.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2009, 02:30:59 AM »
Nah, he's knows he bases his crap on insinuations and nothing more. 

Karaya likes to mislead people on topics by grossly taking things out of context. This thread is just another example. His initial insult thrown at me was baseless as well, but I let it slide. Then he keeps harping on it.

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2009, 05:18:03 AM »
nope,.....i'd be a ww1 online,. I have been a ww2 buff since kindergarden...(got in trouble checking out a time life book) instead of cat in the hat. Somehow I've felt drawn to ww2 since a youngin.
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »
Karaya likes to mislead people on topics by grossly taking things out of context. This thread is just another example. His initial insult thrown at me was baseless as well, but I let it slide. Then he keeps harping on it.

"Out of context"?    Wrong, you posted incorrect information in regards to aircraft.   But even worse, brought up the untrue: "They charged tanks with swords."   

"Insult"?   Hardly, we're sick and tired of you getting smacked down by the truth in almost every thread you post.   Examples?    Glacier Girl.

"Baseless"?   Save face, you have no retort because any quote you dig up on me, is fact.   

"Mislead"?   You make a pointless comment and routinely get called on them.   Whether it be in the Aircraft and Vehicles, Hardware, GD, it doesn't matter.   You rarely know of what you speak and this thread proves that point.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2009, 11:20:21 AM »
oh boy here we go again.

Jay, most people reply and post gibberish on this forum and there are hundreds of know it all know nothings on any given sunday. Krusty has been a target for too long now. Sure he sometimes gets his info wrong, but hell at least he is bold enough to make a go of it.

When was the last time anyone quoted krusty for one of his many relavent and accurate posts to say "good point kursty, well said". Yep, basically never.

just my 2cent, im not taking sides, you guys rip each other to bits for all i care :)

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2009, 11:25:22 AM »
. Sure he sometimes gets his info wrong, but hell at least he is bold enough to make a go of it.

S!

Sometimes....? :noid :D
See Rule #4

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2009, 11:27:13 AM »
oh boy here we go again.

Jay, most people reply and post gibberish on this forum and there are hundreds of know it all know nothings on any given sunday. Krusty has been a target for too long now. Sure he sometimes gets his info wrong, but hell at least he is bold enough to make a go of it.

When was the last time anyone quoted krusty for one of his many relavent and accurate posts to say "good point kursty, well said". Yep, basically never.

just my 2cent, im not taking sides, you guys rip each other to bits for all i care :)

S!

I know exactly what you're saying, he's now on my pay no mind list.    He's an idiot and will be ignored for it.    I just had to set the record straight.    :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC