Author Topic: Survey when I logged into DA  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: Survey when I logged into DA
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »
I'm very torn. I said 'somewhat'.

Look at it like this: Maybe the folks at HTC are suffering the dulldrums from doing the same WW2 thing for all these years.  A few fighting kites might juice up their day a little bit.

In any event, I feel confident when I say any new item added to AcesHigh is better for the entire game and the limited item set of a WW1 arena (assuming thats the likely result) most certainly would not detract in any large degree from the other matured features.

Its a win-win far as I can see.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 06:56:43 PM »
As much as I love WWI I would rather HTC spend their time making the game they have already better instead of having two half ass-ed games. Take a look at what happened to CT. We waited around four years for it and right when things were looking up they cut the cord on it. If they keep doing these side projects and don't improve the core gameplay they are going to end up like WarBirds.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 06:59:22 PM »
Slobberdonkeys weren't invented till 1941

:noid

Fixed  :D

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 07:03:09 PM »
As much as I love WWI I would rather HTC spend their time making the game they have already better instead of having two half ass-ed games. Take a look at what happened to CT. We waited around four years for it and right when things were looking up they cut the cord on it. If they keep doing these side projects and don't improve the core gameplay they are going to end up like WarBirds.
My hunch (if this supposed move is to make sense) is that the WWI game/addition is pretty much ready, already. They have Dawn of Aces and the Red Baron Pizza thing to draw from.  They don't need to re-invent the wheel like with CT.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 07:03:36 PM »

it would take them about a week to get a couple of beta biplanes in the game judging from some past titles i've played.  :rock
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 07:06:18 PM »
Ide have to watch flyboys first, :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 07:12:27 PM »
Here come the Half circles  :D
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »
My hunch (if this supposed move is to make sense) is that the WWI game/addition is pretty much ready, already. They have Dawn of Aces and the Red Baron Pizza thing to draw from.  They don't need to re-invent the wheel like with CT.

Sure they worked on WWI planes before but go take a look at DoA, the graphics are very crappy. Its going to take them as long or longer to model any biplane. Because of the wing struts, extra wing, and everything else poking out unlike a stream lined fighter. Then they have to skin it, make the flight model, test it, then release it. In that time they could be adding much needed planes that people have been asking for since this game was created.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 07:19:26 PM »
Dawn of Aces is a great game except for the village idiot (I'm sure you're here too and you know who you are)
and the low numbers. Ten people in doa constitutes a furball, all the fms are screwed and I'm sure HTC will do a good job of it and make it a better game as ien wont fix doa.

my0.02
thats us 0.0149

Bring on the ragwings
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 07:34:54 PM by phatzo »
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline ScatterFire

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 07:19:59 PM »
ooooh!  oooooh!  Sign me up!
Scatter1:
With bullets of rubber and armor of tissue I throw myself at my enemy.

Law of Devine Intervention:
All skill is in vain when an Angel pees in the touchhole of your musket.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 07:22:43 PM »
I remember WW1 arena in AW3.  It was fun to goof around with when bored but it was never an arena you would get lost in.  This is how it would probably end up for me here in AH2, fun to stop in every now and again but won't do anything for me.  Wouldn't be worth the extensive development imo.

Although like m00t pointed out, if they have something already produced that just needs a little refining that won't cost them a boatload of man hours, then yeah WW1 would be a nice addition.  But if it's gonna be a daunting project, then no probably not worth it in my eyes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:13:24 PM by grizz441 »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »

Sure they worked on WWI planes before but go take a look at DoA, the graphics are very crappy. Its going to take them as long or longer to model any biplane. Because of the wing struts, extra wing, and everything else poking out unlike a stream lined fighter. Then they have to skin it, make the flight model, test it, then release it. In that time they could be adding much needed planes that people have been asking for since this game was created.
I don't know.. I'm just guessing. I don't think they'd ask inside a WWII game unless it wasn't going to displease these same WWII players. The way that makes sense is if development isn't going to suck AHII dry, which most easily happens if the WWI "game" (they could just add an arena, that'd fit perfectly with doing such a survey) is a walk in the park.... Even if a long one.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 07:34:22 PM »
Can you imagine the dogfights, heck yes im interested.  I Posted this topic in the wishlist a while back.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 07:37:21 PM »
    I'm very intrested as well but again...If this games suffers because of it I would be very upset!
Spitfire's Are only Called Noob Planes By the People Who Can't Beat Them!!!

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »
they had balloons in WWI
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.