Author Topic: Survey when I logged into DA  (Read 1277 times)

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
Re: Survey when I logged into DA
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2009, 10:28:30 PM »
No thanks.

But, for some folks here it  would be right down their alley......

What about a arena that does not have points or very very small point totals for GV's and non strategic land grabs ? This would make people use the GV's a bit less and reduce points for buff missions for bases that are undefended. How about Bonus points and perks awarded for successful Supply and Goon missions ? Which I feel is a very selfless act from anyone that that does this kind of thing <honorable>

How about a arena that just records K/D ratios and perk points? although I am not interested in perks others might be. The MA is like Romper Room.... which is understandable..........But it is the only place to fly and find some form of combat even if it is in most sorties... gangbangs,vultches,and defending against Buffs that are just padding their bomber scores. How about this.... not only award points/perks for successful sorties how about subtract points/perks for deaths,bail outs, crashes, and general dweebery ?
( I am pretty dweeby so I know that I would be on the lower end as far as this goes. ) The better Squadrons and individual pilots would shine through.  Leaving the less organized and less skilled pilots/squads to aspire to improve and increase the level of game play overall.

This alone would make squadrons and pilots alike think about choices in who they fly with  and how they fly overall.

another few questions if I may ?

Does anyone fly  AvA ,Early, or Mid war arenas? the most I have seen in these arenas is under 25 people and last time I went to AVA it was all GV's and Milkrunners.
I am interested in the AvA but, I never see anyone in there.

WWI would be a failure IMHO. But that is up to the PTB.  I think that if HT didn't have land grabs and GV battles and ways to grab huge points no one would be in there.

Also......

How does one request a trainer  in the TA ? or even get a response from anyone in the TA ? I have been trying for weeks to find a trainer in there. Any advise ?
I asked people in the MA for training and had no response.

The last time I was in the TA I ended up helping a few people new to the game (the frowned on by most) 2 week trial noobs.

.. trying to help them as well as letting them join my plane and taking them up for a demo check ride as well as demonstrating a few basic flight maneuvers.  also advising on joystick options. I feel that helping the new noob is beneficial to the survival of the game . just doing the two week trial shows an interest and we as a community should help and nurture new pilots as it will help HTC and AH thrive. that alone would help push for more updates and other improvement's that many of us would like to see the in Aces High's future.
By trying to welcome anyone that wishes to become a member of our community is a very cool thing IMO oop's that word again .. Honorable.  :) 

Honestly if I had not flown AH and other sims I would have not started a subscription this time. It has been a difficult learning curve even for me after a long time away.
In the past I was a very proficient and considered by others to be a skilled pilot.  This is a tough crowd !

I could not start to imagine how the two week trial folks would feel.

Is there a training schedule posted anyplace? maybe it could be added as part of MOTD in all of the arenas ? This would help out with getting things more active in improving people new to AH skills.

Sorry folks didn't mean to let all of my thoughts out in this thread and I hope that I do not offend anyone.  Sometimes I get just as frustrated as many of us do at times over the overall picture of a game that I really enjoy and love.  other than I few disappointments in the state of game play I am very happy to be back.

let the flames and slams begin  :devil

Rabbit <?>
Rabbit

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Survey when I logged into DA
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 10:50:41 PM »
Don't forget that if there's a WWI arena the next evil con mission could have Sopwith Camels with R2800-18W engines with a two-stage superchargers and 2x Hizookas.  Snoopy never had it so good.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.