Author Topic: Land Grabbing  (Read 5026 times)

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
Re: Land Grabbing
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2009, 03:09:01 PM »
MW was a good time last night :salute to all who was there last night

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »
Did not see you. Were you up north?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »
dont know how hard your blender was working.but i was at 45 ,44 area i shot you down  :P

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2009, 05:02:11 PM »
Did not see you. Were you up north?

He was the low <cough cough> gurlicane. :D

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2009, 05:08:17 PM »
no was flying the fm2 then

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »
He was the low <cough cough> gurlicane. :D

Thought it was a HOicane?
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »
no HOicane when i fly it

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2009, 05:12:45 PM »
no HOicane when i fly it

Didn't say it was  :)  Just a broad general statement
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2009, 04:22:14 PM »
The battllecry thats yelled in response to why people have taken to the concept of winning the war as fast as possible is " we use the tools given to us by HTC and play within the parameters of the game". I take that as " HTC gives us the tools to form this huge #s missions so we are going to use them and use them to our advantage"
Great!! you guys have fun doing what your doing..I can respect that. I know you guys are very competitive its a part of the game that some like and some hate.

Now..whats there to stop me from using the same tools that HTC gives me and exploiting the same advantage that makes your "fun" well FUN?

I think you are failing to distinguish the game from the meta-game. Switching sides to spy is along the same lines as buying and selling online RPG assets on E-bay, or bribing (with RL money) players on the other side to screw things up for their side or be easy meat for score padding. None of these things is exactly immoral, and all of them use the tools given by the game designer, but they all defeat the purpose of amateur competition in a game in a way that no style of play or form of competition within the game (vulching, picking, huge NOE missions that flee from any resistance, or whatever) can possibly do.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2009, 08:53:19 AM »
I think you are failing to distinguish the game from the meta-game. Switching sides to spy is along the same lines as buying and selling online RPG assets on E-bay, or bribing (with RL money) players on the other side to screw things up for their side or be easy meat for score padding. None of these things is exactly immoral, and all of them use the tools given by the game designer, but they all defeat the purpose of amateur competition in a game in a way that no style of play or form of competition within the game (vulching, picking, huge NOE missions that flee from any resistance, or whatever) can possibly do.

And how may I ask is the 30+ mission coming to pile drive an undefended base any form of "competition"? At most your given 1 minute to end your sortie, choose your ride and gain any sort of alt. At best as defenders will get would be 6 to 1 odds on average.
but yet...these guys have no choice but to sit down and shut up.

IMO...both are "weenie tactics" and there is no distinguashable characteristics between them which is why you wont find me doing either. Just dont expect any sympathy from me when these missions get busted by those who choose to take this course.  :salute
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »
last night the pigs went on a fighter sweep.A8 was being attacked and had plenty of uppers and junky went on 200 and told them the pigs were on the way.What did we get but numerous remarks about hoing and vulching.We did have a fun fight though
been there destroyed that

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »
last night the pigs went on a fighter sweep.A8 was being attacked and had plenty of uppers and junky went on 200 and told them the pigs were on the way.What did we get but numerous remarks about hoing and vulching.We did have a fun fight though
Is it true Pigs have a 'no-vulching' policy? One of yall said that, not sure was it in jest though, admirable if true. (Logged at 1-ish est, don't think A8 ever fell :D)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2009, 10:04:00 AM »
It is not official but majority wont unless provoked-I am a really lousy pilot but will fight honorably.I know it is a game but I want what little kills I get done fairly trying to use real world ACM as most of us do.Ya know you hear alot of whining about hoing on the boards and go out and what happens-ya run into ho tards.
been there destroyed that

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2009, 10:38:15 AM »
you can get a good feel of the outcome of a fight on first merge. Try to avoid the HO as much as possible and there would be less whining about it
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2009, 02:05:19 AM »
And how may I ask is the 30+ mission coming to pile drive an undefended base any form of "competition"? At most your given 1 minute to end your sortie, choose your ride and gain any sort of alt. At best as defenders will get would be 6 to 1 odds on average.

It's competition just like anything else, in that the person doing it has set a goal and is trying to achieve it. No different than vulching, picking, kill stealing, score padding, and everything else people complain about. I'm not saying these are ideal behaviors, but they are ways of trying to do well, as some might define "well", within the framework of the game. They may be playing dirty, but they are playing.

IMO...both are "weenie tactics" and there is no distinguashable characteristics between them

But that's just it... one is a game tactic and one isn't. Switching sides in order to spy is going outside the framework of the game, just like bribery, software hacks, or anything else in real life one might do to sabotage another player from hacking his computer to having a friend phone him and tell him his house is on fire. It's not about whether it's poorer sportsmanship or less honorable (although I think it is both), it's about maintaining the integrity (in the logical sense of the word, not the ethical) or internal consistency of the game's frame of reference. Spying makes no sense inside the game's internal world, it only makes sense if you bring loyalties and motives from outside that world into it - rather like having a bridge partner who keeps sabotaging your mutual play in order to curry favor with one of your opponents.

It's also incompatible with the idea of AH2 being anything even remotely resembling a sim. All the disfavored styles of play I mentioned above are things that could be done and were done by WW2 pilots. The mechanics of base capture were of course extremely different, but it was a military aim and good generals and admirals did it where they thought they would have the biggest advantage, not where the fight would be the most fair for the enemy. Pilots switching sides to gain or give any sort of advantage is, by contrast, utterly absurd on its face.

Finally, it's a betrayal of the people you're supposedly fighting alongside. Base stealing isn't dishonest, spying is. The latter point is why it rubs me the wrong way in a manner that no dishonorable tactic could. There's nothing worse than betraying your teammates.  :frown: