Author Topic: YOUR pet!  (Read 1499 times)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Re: YOUR pet!
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 12:54:00 PM »
(Image removed from quote.).
This is MOLLY, 13 lbs of Squirrel hunting hell.

This is Tucker- my 13lbs of squirrel chasing nut-case, lol!  He's the "bottom half" of my squirrel huntin' team!

And although not a "pet", this is the top half of my team.  "Belle" weighing in at just under 3lbs.

MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 12:59:19 PM »
This is Tucker- my 13lbs of squirrel chasing nut-case, lol!  He's the "bottom half" of my squirrel huntin' team!

(Image removed from quote.)

And although not a "pet", this is the top half of my team.  "Belle" weighing in at just under 3lbs.

way cool

the number of ospreys in my area is unbelievable, you see them flying out of the water with a big fish in their talons all the time, its really cool

also got a bald eagle living somewhere close by I see it occasionally, wish i could snag a picture like that of it, but its pretty elusive
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »

Hey mtnman, I asked Forker but he didn't say, is that a Feist you have there?  Kinda looks like one with the legs a little longer than a Jack Russell
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 03:05:22 PM »
here is daddy's baby

been there destroyed that

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »
Hey mtnman, I asked Forker but he didn't say, is that a Feist you have there?  Kinda looks like one with the legs a little longer than a Jack Russell

Believe it or not, he's actually a pure Jack Russel/Parson Russel Terrier (terror).  His legs are too long though.  He's taller than any of my other friends JRT's, and a lot faster!  I've seen photos of other JRTs with his legs though, so it's not really abnormal.  He's a handful.  Hopefully taht changes after his appointment on Thursday, hehe!  High-strung is an understatement.

It was a toss-up for me whether to get a JRT or a Beagle to hunt rabbits and squirrels with my birds.  I finally decided on the JRT because I wanted a sight-hunter vs. a scent-hunter.  If the bird misses, I want the dog to lose track of the critter rather than chase it across the countryside.

I'll be picking up a German Shorthair Pointer pup in a few weeks to be trained to hunt pheasants with my falcon, and also with goshawks.  Pointers (and setters, I believe) were originally bred to be falconers dogs (bird dogs, in a different sense, hehe).

My family is in a naming debate over the new pointer.  I want to name her "finger".  As in "This is my pointer- "finger".  My second choice is Asker.  As in "Aww, what's her name?".  "Asker".  They're thinking Jenna or Riley or Sadie  :^(
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »
I call him "Steve".

How's that CIA/ F-16 pilot gig working out for you?
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »
This is MOLLY, 13 lbs of Squirrel hunting hell.

This is Jaeger.  73 lbs of squirrel killing hell.

("Hunting" implies the possibility of failure.)

Offline Barnes828

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 02:08:56 PM »
My family is in a naming debate over the new pointer.  I want to name her "finger".  As in "This is my pointer- "finger".  My second choice is Asker.  As in "Aww, what's her name?".  "Asker".  They're thinking Jenna or Riley or Sadie  :^(

You may want to rethink that...

Finger the Dog....

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 02:12:36 PM »
You may want to rethink that...

Finger the Dog....

:D :D :D :D

Mountmn, please seek our counsel before you name your kids.  :lol :lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline SASMOX