Author Topic: **The Ultimate Lady Gaga Thread**  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: **The Ultimate Lady Gaga Thread**
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »
Hey posters, why do you keep taking the bait and responding to this garbage?  Don't blame this on us.  You are the guys that keep feeding it.

Here's a free clue.  It's only a troll if no one reponds to it.  You guys want to keep this stuff around, keep feeding it.  You want it to go away?  Stop feeding it.

Quite frankly I find it hilarious how so many people cannot simply walk away from it and then insist I play nanny.  Not gonna happen.

The troll in me wants to argue that a post is only a troll if it's intentionally inflammatory to the point that it induces "knee-jerk" reactions from a part or the whole of a discussion board community.  If no reaction is given to the post then the troll's attempt to troll the community for a knee-jerk responce has failed.

Don't take my argument wrong, I understand your word and interpertation of said words is law here Skuzzy, I'm just trying to state my opinion about the definition of a troll and trolling.  But in any case, the prevention in the end is the same...

And this one just because I don't think I'll find a better place for it later:

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2009, 06:12:28 AM »
Baba, you took me literally.  I'll back it up a bit.

If the community does not want trolls on the board, they ignore them.  Why?  In reality it is the only way to deal with a troll.  Once a troll finds out he/she can get a reaction from the comnmunity, he continues to troll.  Other trolls find out how easy it is to get a reaction and they come along and post more trolls.

Soon, all you have are trolls and people complaining about them.  Trolls cannot be nannied out of existance.  It takes a community effort to get rid of them.

That is what I mean by, "it's only a troll if no one responds to it".  Community recognizes it's a troll and walks away from it.  Troll gets bored and leaves.  Community responds, and troll is happy camper and continues to poke and prod.

Apparently TwentyFo's post is not a troll.  Too many people feel the need to discuss the subject matter.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2009, 06:15:02 AM »
Hey posters, why do you keep taking the bait and responding to this garbage?  Don't blame this on us.  You are the guys that keep feeding it.

Here's a free clue.  It's only a troll if no one reponds to it.  You guys want to keep this stuff around, keep feeding it.  You want it to go away?  Stop feeding it.

Quite frankly I find it hilarious how so many people cannot simply walk away from it and then insist I play nanny.  Not gonna happen.
Because Xasthur is a closet authoritarian :P
And TwentyFo is a troll.  He's just so self-absorbed that he actually breaks the troll SOP.  He can keep his troll momentum going perpetually without any input.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 06:17:57 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2009, 04:37:20 PM »
Baba, you took me literally.  I'll back it up a bit.

If the community does not want trolls on the board, they ignore them.  Why?  In reality it is the only way to deal with a troll.  Once a troll finds out he/she can get a reaction from the community, he continues to troll.  Other trolls find out how easy it is to get a reaction and they come along and post more trolls.

Soon, all you have are trolls and people complaining about them.  Trolls cannot be nannied out of existence.  It takes a community effort to get rid of them.

That is what I mean by, "it's only a troll if no one responds to it".  Community recognizes it's a troll and walks away from it.  Troll gets bored and leaves.  Community responds, and troll is happy camper and continues to poke and prod.

Yes I did probably take it too literally.  But I completely agree, trolls only exist because the community feeds them and gives them a place to grow (and even spawn).  If the community doesn't want the trolls then they should stop feeding them. 

It's similar to bears in parks, the general public who is always feeding them handouts or leaving food in their car, and the poor rangers who get blamed for not doing enough when something goes wrong.  Yeah you can go heavy-handed and start shooting them on sight and trapping them to relocate them miles away, but the shootings aren't popular to vocal park patrons, and the ones you trap to relocate will over time always return to the same spot doing the same thing as long as the opportunity still exists.  The best and only real solution the ranger has is to educate the general public to don't feed the bears and to not leave food unattended.... resulting in fewer problem-bears by not giving them easy opportunities at becoming problem-bears.

Apparently TwentyFo's post is not a troll.  Too many people feel the need to discuss the subject matter.

Don't you love things that make you laugh and cry at the same time?

Pardon my interuption TwentyFo, you may carry on with your thread as you please.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2009, 08:14:23 PM »
Man page one and two are just like the bible wars that went on between the mayors of Clay, AL   and Trussville, AL.   The mayors sent qoutes from the bible back and forth via mail, over a piece of land.

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2009, 05:20:49 PM »
Man page one and two are just like the bible wars that went on between the mayors of Clay, AL   and Trussville, AL.   The mayors sent qoutes from the bible back and forth via mail, over a piece of land.

You can say that again
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2009, 01:19:06 PM »
Here is proof for all you Lady Gaga haters out there. She does sing her songs, 100% of the time.

“I would never even think about it (lip synching). The whole point to me is, if you’re gonna be number one, you better really be twittleing number one. If you’re gonna be on top, you better be able to do all those things, because it’s a real privilege to be able to make music everyday, and I get away with a lot…Andy Warhol says art is what you can get away with, and I get away with a lot with my music and my clothes, and I work really hard so I could truly be a real artist for all my fans. That’s really twittleed up when you lip-synch.”
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2009, 09:38:02 PM »
Just another Britney Spears. I think just having one was too many, now we have two.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group