Author Topic: Wing Option for squad's  (Read 7605 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Wing Option for squad's
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:29:52 PM »
I think we should have an option where a squad can add wings to it but still be able to use the red squad channel and red vox, (.sr command). This would be easy to do in my opinion and it would stop the inconvenience of knowing who's on.

Any suggestions?
Strokes

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
Re: Wing Option for squad's
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:11:24 PM »
HTC limits the number in a single squad for a reason.  So i say NO!!!!  These mega squads ruin game play enough.

Have a nice day
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 02:24:33 AM »
I think that if he only were to request to be able to locate members of squad wings and not asking for vox or other squad privileges that would be reasonable.  Setting a squad channel does allow for communication much in the way it was proposed, so no need to attach squads in that way.

If we want to start a discussion on what has damaged gameplay, there is much to discuss outside the realm of squad activity.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 02:30:22 AM by Chilli »

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:53:14 AM »
Good idea Stokes. 

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 09:29:10 AM »
HTC limits the number in a single squad for a reason.

Yea, because there's a unit structure
A Flight is 4-6 aircraft
A Squadron is 3-4 Flights
A Group is 2-10 Squadrons
A Wing is 2+ Groups
An Air Force (eg. 8th Air Force) is 2+ wings

HTC says a squadron is 32 players (as opposed to USAAF 12-24 planes).  More that is a higher unit than "a squadron", period.

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 11:24:33 AM »
yeah we have 3 wings but I can only locate the ones in my wing with the sr command-would like to be able to see all wings located with that command
been there destroyed that

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 11:26:37 AM »
I think what the OP means is to enable Squad channel to all wings. Lets face it, people side track Hitechs carefully laid plans all the time. You can have various wings of it. Going by my squad, 71 has three wings, so im assuming that counts as three differant squads but with the same name? 71 Eagle Squadron A wing. 71 Squadron B wing etc.
What the op is asking is to enable squad chat to all wings. I think its a decent post, and im for it
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 04:26:27 PM »
Hello....o.. ooo?  Use a set squad channel and u have vox chat and text chat.  What Stokes is asking for that is not presently available is to locate members that are not in his squadron.  What might work is a new command such as to search for squad members by squad name.

.sqdsr squadname (enable * wildcard in case of long  or multiple squad names)

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 09:16:10 AM »
Hello....o.. ooo?  Use a set squad channel and u have vox chat and text chat.  What Stokes is asking for that is not presently available is to locate members that are not in his squadron.  What might work is a new command such as to search for squad members by squad name.

.sqdsr squadname (enable * wildcard in case of long  or multiple squad names)

We both ment the same thing, I just never phrased it well. But it would also be handy if your in other arena's and wish to contact your squad. Currently you can only contact your wing. What the OP proposes is to be able to contact your whole squad, to which I wholeheartendly agree
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 10:13:28 AM »
No
See Rule #4

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 10:15:48 AM »
Oh come on Bronk...you know squad like RT and JJs need to know where ALL their squaddies are
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »
2nd if anyone else tells me they have a 70 member squad, I think I will just eject them. There is no such thing as a 70 person squad in AH.

Hmm maybe it is time to bring the squad limit down to 16.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »
16 sounds good. :aok
See Rule #4

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 10:50:42 AM »
No thank you.

And the more posts I see of Hitech's the more respect I gain for him.  He knows whats up.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 12:06:38 PM »
HiTech better get busy.  Just a quick look at the squads page:

Claim Jumpers: 8 wings and 107 members
Bops:             6 wings and 72 members
LCA:              5 wings and 69 members
POTW:           3 wings and 67 members
Rolling Thunder 3 wings and 62 members
71st              3 wings and 60 members
The Unforgiven 3 wings and 55 members

I know not all meet the 70 member squads HiTech is threating but anything above 32 should be considered gaming the game. 

Quick question to the members of these mega squads:  Why oh why do you need that many people?  Is it your lack of skill?  Did other kids pick on you in school and you didn't have many friends?  Is anyone taking thier time to teach you while in said mega squad? 
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."