Author Topic: Next war???  (Read 3460 times)

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
Next war???
« on: February 03, 2009, 11:25:23 PM »
So im curious.....

War in the future is inevitable, its something that is Human....

When and where do you think the next war will be that will involve the United States.  I know we're still active in Iraq and Afghanistan.  But im curious to see what you guys think.....

My prediction: Iran or Russia within the next 10 years.  Iran will either attack Israel with nuclear weapons.  Or Russia will try to recapture lost territories, such as Georgia and Ukraine.....
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Next war???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »
North Korea which will involve China and then America gets waxed by missiles that are sneaked into Cuba but only after launching missiles to nuke everyone else.  :O
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 11:44:09 PM »
I don't care, either way, I know my generation is screwed. Thanks guys  :(
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 01:23:33 AM »
Would the US really go to a full-blown war with Russia? I'm not so sure I think you're too chicken to do that.  :D

Of course, that depends on what the situation is. Let's say the small countries in the Baltic gets run over. They are NATO members so whaddya do?

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 01:51:55 AM »
Situations worldwide are a bit too dynamic to predict reliably but I am not worried about Russia. No matter how tough the Russian leader is the man isnt stupid. Im not so sure about some of the more 'extreme' inidividuals.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 01:52:17 AM »
My prediction: Iran or Russia within the next 10 years.  Iran will either attack Israel with nuclear weapons.  Or Russia will try to recapture lost territories, such as Georgia and Ukraine.....

The first one is preposterous.  Like it or not, the Iranians are rational, and would not take such a foolish risk.  As for the second, Russia already seems to be content with the idea of controlling its former satellite states through its energy monopoly.

I can't believe none of you said Pakistan.  I know the news is full of lies and half-truths, but if you're following current events you should be very concerned about that country.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 01:55:05 AM »
I chose to be totally ridiculous to make the point that you cant call it.

As to Pakistan I am concerned that a rookie could really mess up the situation there by trying to turn the clock back about ten years which would only open old wounds.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 01:55:25 AM »
Pakistan? Well it seems someone want a new indo-pakistani war considering the recent "terrorist" attacks in India. What I'm questioning is, who funded those attacks? I don't think it's as easy as pointing at Pakistan.

I mean, it's open for anyone basically, provided that you have the money, to fund terrorist acts anywhere. Just get a swiss bank account or whichever anonymous bank of your choosing and transfer funds from there.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 01:57:12 AM by 33Vortex »

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 02:13:33 AM »
Vortex you think dirty.  :aok Keep it up.  :D

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 02:16:07 AM »
Yeah... people need to start thinking factual instead of politically correct and they might actually figure out something important.

If anyone think that these banks are cooperating with federal agents or any state bureau/agency whatsoever. WRONG! They have very strict rules not to disclose any information about account holders, NOTHING. Which is what make these banks so succesful. All the dirty money go through their hands.

Truth has no agenda.

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 03:28:47 AM »
When and where do you think the next war will be that will involve the United States.  I know we're still active in Iraq and Afghanistan.  But im curious to see what you guys think.....

can`t tell. `guess there are multiple scenarios possible.

Pakistan, maybe -> more likely cooperation with Pakistan military to hunt down Osama
North-Korea -> if they attack SK, then yes
Iran -> yes, but they must be stupid enough do provoke Israel or the US. And they are not that stupid.
Russia -> maybe small incidents, but not a full scale war
China! They are willing to control East-Asia, military and economically. So, its very likely they touch US and Japan interests in that region. China needs steel, gas, oil, food and what so ever. 1.3 billion people need to be kept alive. So, the next possible war the US will be involved is about resources.

‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 05:04:25 AM »
I don't care, either way, I know my generation is screwed. Thanks guys  :(

"Screwed" is 20,000 Soviet nukes aimed at you while on trip wire, and we had the same pointed at them. I'm talking fleets of heavy bombers on concrete pads that would take off in minutes, each one loaded with 9 megaton Hydrogen bombs. A huge apparatus of destruction between enemies that barely talked to each other. Thats the war your fathers generation fought. I know, I was there. Our active military was 2 to 3 times bigger then it is today, most of all USAF.

And its one you'll never have to fight. You'll never know the terror of the Cold War because your fathers held the line against an enemy that makes Al Qaeda look like a boy scout troop. So have a little respect sonnie. A lot of us here grew up in a world far, far scarier then anyone you'll ever know.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 05:10:56 AM »
Yeh, I remember those times. The USSR was the 'evil empire' and the nukes could be sent flying at any minute, literally. So you never really knew when the world would end, all you could do was wait.

:uhoh

Truth has no agenda.

Offline Marauding Conan

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 05:15:32 AM »
It will come from the most unexpected place. No point of trying to predict it.

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 05:18:18 AM »
It will come from the most unexpected place. No point of trying to predict it.

That's right. Us Canadians will come down there and burn the White House. Again.