Author Topic: Perk it!  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk it!
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »
I am in for a one day that all perk rides are free.
And that day would make me long for Titanic Tuesday.

Like I said...

:(

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
That dam thing can take a beating like a tiger.

M8 can kill a WW in 4 hits, 3 if you want to be brave and skip the first hit to turret it.  Try that on a Tiger and see how it works out for you.  A bomb landing near a WW can kill it, a tiger requires a direct hit(unless using the cookie or the VW).  A handfull of 50's can turret a WW, 50s x infinity won't do anything but annoy the driver in a Tiger.  As far as the tracks go every tracked vehicle in game can be tracked by well placed 50s or 20mm.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
they are free in the DA just no 262. of course you know what goes on in there. lol
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »
LOL, we should be given perks every month?  The first few days of each camp are bad enough with score weenies scampering about in tempests and 262's, that'd you like to exagerate the issue?  Thankfully most of the guys blow their perks and their scores early and settle into actually fighting each other (sometimes) instead of nosefooting around. 

What's the matter, can't earn enough perks to fly those select rides that they have to be given to you?  Sad thing is I bet a lot of players would love it if HT did give everyone a monthly stipend of perks.  Thank god he won't though.

whats the matter stang you afraid someone might get ya in a 262??  In my world of AH there would be NO 262's in the MA, perk or otherwise.  My idea was to to perk ALL rides and make it so when you lost those "hot" rides you would be down to P-40's or FM2's.  As far as "earning" perks I could get all I want if that was what I wanted to do in fact not sure what I have now but I pick my ride for preferance not score.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2009, 07:29:35 AM »
No, it takes a beating like a panzer.  Try using only 50's to blow one of those up and call me.
That's exactly what I was going to reiterate.  Using just 50's and maybe a few 20mm is going to do absolutely nothing to most of the gv's.  Little bomblets and rockets will do wonders that's if the rockets hit in the right spot and don't go glancing off to the side.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2009, 07:38:49 AM »
whats the matter stang you afraid someone might get ya in a 262??  In my world of AH there would be NO 262's in the MA, perk or otherwise.  My idea was to to perk ALL rides and make it so when you lost those "hot" rides you would be down to P-40's or FM2's.  As far as "earning" perks I could get all I want if that was what I wanted to do in fact not sure what I have now but I pick my ride for preferance not score.

HEY! Don't knock the FM-2!  :furious
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2009, 07:41:32 AM »
You know, I decided to pull a Lusche and look up some stats.........

There may be an argument for perking the Wirble.  Last tour it had the highest K/D of any non-perked ride.

Same with this tour..... Aside from a slight K/D advantage by the ta152.

Think about it ... in order for a WW to get a kill on a planes ... the plane has to attack it ... it can't chase them down.

The only thing that that stat tells me is that there are a whole lot of people who have not figured out how to neuter a WW and think that they might get lucky flying straight at it with guns ablaze.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2009, 07:42:47 AM »
HEY! Don't knock the FM-2!  :furious

Shhhhh ... let him think the FM2 is not a threat ... :noid
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2009, 07:51:36 AM »
spit perk?

Between the La-7, Spit XVI, and N1K, the Spitfire XVI is the only one that has no exploitable weakness other than only having a good top speed.

The La-7 cannons have poor ballistics, and the lion is tamed above 5k ft, and becomes a kitten above 10k ft.

The N1K cannons also have poor ballistics, but it's less of an issue because it's not a big deal if you miss.  Still, its roll rate is poor, and its top speed is mediocre.

The Spitfire XVI performs well up to 20k ft, which is what counts for the main arena.  Its weapons package has great ballistics, resulting in a flat trajectory that is easy to aim at most distances.  Its climbrate is comparable to the 109K-4, at 200mph it has the best roll-rate in the game, and unlike its brother and sister Spitfires, it rolls very well at 400mph ias.  It even accelerates better than the Spitfire VIII (even if you reduce the VIII's fuel load).  Did I mention it turns extraordinarily well?  Lastly, it carries 1k lbs of bombs, an ability which receives less attention than it should in the game.  Admittedly, the XVI is not as fast as the main arena speed demons; its top speed is only in the "good" category. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2009, 07:53:41 AM »
Think about it ... in order for a WW to get a kill on a planes ... the plane has to attack it ... it can't chase them down.

Or the plane has to be attacking a hangar or ammo bunker, or it might be chasing another plane over a spawn point, etc.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2009, 08:05:58 AM »
Or the plane has to be attacking a hangar or ammo bunker, or it might be chasing another plane over a spawn point, etc.

Again ... it's not the WW's fault ... chalk it up to bad SA and/or a poor attack plan.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2009, 09:21:46 AM »
Can't argue with that!   :aok
Again ... it's not the WW's fault ... chalk it up to bad SA and/or a poor attack plan.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »
I love how when I point out that wirbels kill aircraft in more ways than simply being attacked, it gets twisted into an assertion that it's the wirbel's fault that it shoots someone, e.g. attacking a hangar.  All I'm saying is that we can't believe the fantasy that most wirbel kills are in self-defense of the wirbel itself; the majority are in defending something/someone else from attack, or are purely opportunistic using the element of surprise.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2009, 09:41:35 AM »
I don't think either has to do with eachother.  Have you ever killed ord while 2 WW's are on the base?  Yes, me too.  But it certainly is the nice direct attack, no you got to think about your angles a little better.  That's what Chalenge is saying.  And what your saying is also true, but that is still WW defense of.... itself, a tank, a building. 
I love how when I point out that wirbels kill aircraft in more ways than simply being attacked, it gets twisted into an assertion that it's the wirbel's fault that it shoots someone, e.g. attacking a hangar.  All I'm saying is that we can't believe the fantasy that most wirbel kills are in self-defense of the wirbel itself; the majority are in defending something/someone else from attack, or are purely opportunistic using the element of surprise.

It all comes down to how you want to slice it. 
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2009, 10:31:18 AM »
Simple reason it will not be perked.

ITS TOO MUCH DAMN FUN PISSING EVERYONE OFF.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,231665.0.html

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$