Author Topic: Well, what did you guys get for Valentine's day?  (Read 675 times)

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Re: Well, what did you guys get for Valentine's day?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 11:30:52 PM »
One year I got a set of tires (for my husband's truck) for V-day.  Well, since then, nothing just ever tops that cherry gift... so we agreed to stop the whole gift giving thing ~ once you get the best, nothing else compares.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 12:33:50 AM »
  He got ya nothing and felt real bad so you had pity on him and said fom now on lets do nothing.

Happened to me :P

~AoM~

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 12:35:12 AM »
Cutting up trees we took down for a foundation dig I found that one of the trunks was heartshaped when cut.
I cut about a 2 inch thick section from the best part. I then carved and burnt our initials and anniversary date into it. A nice thick clear coat of lacquer to protect it finished it off. I will give it to my wife in the morning.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 01:45:50 AM »
I got a year older. Doh.

-AoM-

Offline nipper

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 05:34:21 AM »
I often get pulled up for not wearing my wedding ring all the time; so this year for V-day I got my wifes initials tattooed on my wedding ring finger. 

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 06:53:55 AM »
I got drunk alone and woke up with a headache. :frown:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 07:04:50 AM »
I already convinced her valentines days is a scam (which it is). We stayed in and watched eastenders omnibus on BBCi player.
Just waiting for a good time to convince her that marriage is a scam also..wish me luck
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 09:20:20 AM »
Yeah this is the first Valentines day I missed. I told my wife I was tired of getting scammed by corporate BS artists, "ever see flowers on sale on V-day"? Then, after this one, they have flower day. Then "sweetest day". If it was up to these petunia pushers we'd have a flower day every other bloody day with a candy day in between.

Anyway since I had just given her $1,000.00 to buy summer clothes she agreed. Hey, I could be out $1,200.00 instead.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 09:38:33 AM »
Cutting up trees we took down for a foundation dig I found that one of the trunks was heartshaped when cut.
I cut about a 2 inch thick section from the best part. I then carved and burnt our initials and anniversary date into it. A nice thick clear coat of lacquer to protect it finished it off. I will give it to my wife in the morning.

Very Cool sir

We just did little things for each other, its all about the kids now. Although we are going to a comedy show tonight, should be nice to have some grown up time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:40:29 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline TheflyingElk

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »
Ruttin season for the Elkster LOL :O
You dragged the dead horse into the yard and handed out the bats, sir.