Author Topic: Looking for help with 38  (Read 521 times)

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Looking for help with 38
« on: February 15, 2009, 05:24:33 AM »
Hi.

I like to think I'm a halfway decent fighter pilot, but put me in a 38 and I might as well light the engines on fire myself to save everyone's time. I can't do a thing in the Lightning. And I'd like to learn it better; thinking of flying it next scenario. I'm looking for an experienced 38 stick who wants to volunteer to spend a little time in the DA with me to tell me what I can be doing better. Nothing organized, we don't have to set a time now, just want to know who is willing so we can work something out if we see each other in the MA's.

Thanks

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Looking for help with 38
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 10:26:17 AM »
Check out the 113th Lucky Strikes.  We are a P38 only squad.  www.113thluckystrikes.com.  We fly as Knights on Saturday evenings 7:PM EST.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »
If you're looking for help for the next scenario, you'd be interested in getting time in with the 38G.  The G takes a different approach to the fight compared to the J and the L models.   Speaking in general terms it's often that I find myself fighting uphill in the J and L.  The G however doesn't have the power and can't do quite as well in the vertical, I have more success fighting downhill in the G, and when it's light you can really mix it up.

I haven't flown the G much lately but wouldn't mind taking her up for a spin or two to try and work the kinks out.  If you see me online toss me a message and we can go see if we can get each other killed.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »
I would be willing to work with you, but I'd prefer to work with dedicated P38 students. If you can set aside a month or more flying the P38, I would be willing to help you.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:02:07 AM »
Don't listen!  Del just needs fresh bait!!!    :devil

Just kidding.  After a few lessons and flights watching Delirium and Lazer I was able to go a few kills and a few more turns with most anything in the air before shedding parts.  You can't go wrong spending some ingame time with Delirium.

:aok
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »
Hi.

I like to think I'm a halfway decent fighter pilot, but put me in a 38 and I might as well light the engines on fire myself to save everyone's time. I can't do a thing in the Lightning. And I'd like to learn it better; thinking of flying it next scenario. I'm looking for an experienced 38 stick who wants to volunteer to spend a little time in the DA with me to tell me what I can be doing better. Nothing organized, we don't have to set a time now, just want to know who is willing so we can work something out if we see each other in the MA's.

Thanks

yep...the 38 is a different animal all together. she's nasty to fight against in the right hands. she's nasty to fight in, if you try to fight in her, like you're flying one of those little wiggly things. learn how she lieks to be handled though, ahd you've got a killing machine there.

i'm slowly getting better in her, and have been flying the J or G almost exclusively for about 2 months now.

<<S>> and have fun!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 12:20:02 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll be in touch.