Author Topic: Diversity, and questions about new marks/equipment of a existing plane  (Read 963 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
I have seen it is possible to add more weapons , and reuse existing aircraft ( example 190s and 109s) with less effort than introducing new plane types.

As an example I would like to add engine boosting system to the 190A8 -making it a 190a8r4, and 109g6 with 30mm cannon ki84 with 4*20 . eny and perk would be changed with addons accordingly.

Im sure most countrys have add-ons that could be available at a fast pace. Also scenarios should benefit from these add-ons.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: Diversity, and questions about new marks/equipment of a existing plane
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »
Save

Before the crowd gets here look up the actual ww2 records and find out how much these versions were used in real life.

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 02:44:50 PM »
Save

Before the crowd gets here look up the actual ww2 records and find out how much these versions were used in real life.

As far as ord loadouts they are working on a perk system for ords to cover more makes. Boost and other such items could probably be added in the same setup.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 02:49:21 PM »
150 oct maybe :D
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 03:04:51 PM »
150 oct maybe :D

Not for german iron.... they had very poor fuel. But for the cost of some perks.. you could buy most anything.

I feel that those who have a lot of perks won't be spending them that way either though.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 07:05:27 PM »
As far as 190s go, we flat need at least one, possibly two new 190As, NOT perked.

The 190A5 we have currently is A4-esque compared to the top speeds I've seen in charts for the A5. The A8 version we have is strictly a heavy bomber-killer. I suggest we need the A6 or A7, and also the A9.

I have seen it is possible to add more weapons , and reuse existing aircraft ( example 190s and 109s) with less effort than introducing new plane types.

As an example I would like to add engine boosting system to the 190A8 -making it a 190a8r4, and 109g6 with 30mm cannon ki84 with 4*20 . eny and perk would be changed with addons accordingly.

Im sure most countrys have add-ons that could be available at a fast pace. Also scenarios should benefit from these add-ons.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 08:13:36 PM »
Well the perked ords as I understand it will fill in the planeset a bit more. After doing a little more reading I am finding it a very interesting option for AH.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 08:26:17 PM »
2 weeks

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 10:54:56 AM »
the a8 we have does not have the ordinance options or the armor of the specialized bomber killer variant ...

which a8 it is i can not figure out because it lacks a specific designation so there is no telling whether it is a correct representation of any of the types that actually existed. 

the F8 seems to be in a similar situation ... 

more 190As would be nice, as would specific designations of the ones we have.

you could extend the designation request for the entire set btw.

+S+

t

As far as 190s go, we flat need at least one, possibly two new 190As, NOT perked.

The 190A5 we have currently is A4-esque compared to the top speeds I've seen in charts for the A5. The A8 version we have is strictly a heavy bomber-killer. I suggest we need the A6 or A7, and also the A9.

THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »
German fuel was not that bad, look below :

World War II and octane

One interesting historical issue involving octane rating took place during WWII. Germany received nearly all her oil from Romania, and set up huge distilling plants in Germany to produce gasoline from coal. In the US the oil was not "as good" and the oil industry instead had to invest heavily in various expensive boosting systems. This turned out to be a huge blessing in disguise. US industry was soon delivering fuels of ever-increasing octane ratings by adding more of the boosting agents, with cost no longer a factor during wartime. By war's end American aviation fuel was commonly 130 to 150 octane, which could easily be put to use in existing engines to deliver much more power by increasing the compression delivered by the superchargers. The Germans, relying entirely on "good" gasoline, had no such industry, and instead had to rely on ever-larger engines to deliver more power.

However, someone pointed out that: German aviation engines were of the direct fuel injection type and could use emergency methanol-water and nitrous-oxide injection, which gave 50% more engine power for 5 minutes of dogfight. This could be done only five times and then the aero engine went to the scrapyard (or after 40 hours run-time, whichever came first). Most German aero engines used 87 octane fuel (called B4), some high-powered engines used 100 octane (C2/C3)fuel.

Another pointed out in reply that: This historical "issue" is based on a very common misapprehension about wartime fuel octane numbers. There are two octane numbers for each fuel, one for lean mix and one for rich mix, rich being always greater. So, for example, a common British aviation fuel of the later part of the war was 100/125. The misapprehension that German fuels have a lower octane number (and thus a poorer quality) arises because the Germans quoted the lean mix octane number for their fuels while the Allies quoted the rich mix number for their fuels. Standard German high-grade aviation fuel used in the later part of the war (given the designation C3) had lean/rich octane numbers of 100/130. The Germans would list this as a 100 octane fuel while the Allies would list it as 130 octane.

After the war the US Navy sent a Technical Mission to Germany to interview German petrochemists and examine German fuel quality, their report entitled "Technical Report 145-45 Manufacture of Aviation Gasoline in Germany" chemically analysed the different fuels and concluded "Toward the end of the war the quality of fuel being used by the German fighter planes was quite similar to that being used by the Allies".

source
http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/kitcar/kb.php?aid=124
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline -pjk--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 02:58:37 PM »
Up for 150 octane :aok
Ääliö älä lyö ööliä läikkyy!!