Author Topic: DAYTON 2009 GATHERING OF LEGENDS!!!  (Read 38597 times)

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Re: DAYTON 2009 GATHERING OF LEGENDS!!!
« Reply #420 on: July 03, 2009, 03:53:25 PM »
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
« Reply #421 on: July 06, 2009, 03:19:29 AM »
Reservation is confirmed for Scott Cassidy in the AH Group. :aok

TY SHawk
AKKaz
Arabian Knights

Offline BOXGIRL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #422 on: July 07, 2009, 03:15:34 PM »
Ok so i am counting down the days till Dayton...so boxboy and i could use some directions to the campsite...we are staying in a hotel thursday night due to the face we are driving up thursday for a longer vacation....so directons please because i have to drive and i am ready to hit the road
^"^Nazgul^"^
Well behaved women rarely make history"Marilyin Monroe

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #423 on: July 07, 2009, 03:17:03 PM »
I will go ahead and warn you guys.  Clear the roads from TN to Ohio...as the 17 year old Banshee7 will be driving the whole way  :t
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #424 on: July 07, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
OK, Here's the details.

This is NOT a KOA Campground or Public Facility. This is Private Land.
It's called Great Miami Adventures.
Located at 1995 Ross Rd. Tipp City, OH 45371
Sits right on the Great Miami River (Yes, he has Canoe's, Rafts ect. available)
He has plenty of room for several RV's and will be installing 4-5 50Amp services for those.
Tents can go just about anywhere you wanna set up.
Indoor Shower and Bathroom for those who just can't use a PortaPotty  :huh
Multiple Fire Rings along the River.
We'll have a Giant 150 Foot Water SlipNSlide setup Saturday for entertainment
Swings into the River (he got a big hole dug out under it)
Fishing if you like (Bring your Pole)
I recommend Life Jackets if your playin in the water. (Some will be available)
Plenty of Tables and Chairs under Pole Tents (Bring your own Chairs if you want comfy)

We're lookin at probably 10 bucks a head for use of this land and Facilities. A True Bargain.
I'll probably Close the entrance off after 11PM and anyone wanting to leave after that will have to pass
the SHawk Sobriety Test (You don't wanna know) :O

It's About 2-3 Mins from the Airport (Location of the Airshow)
Straight down Old Springfield Road (Turns into Ross Rd as you cross the river)
For those of you wanting a Map Look for James Cox Dayton International Airport. You'll find Old Springfield Rd just off the NE corner of the Airport. When you cross the river, it'll be the 1st driveway on the left going up the hill.

All I can think of off the top of my head. Any Questions just ask.

SHawk

BoxGirl, here's the info for the campground. I found it easy on mapquest and can forward you the info if you and BoxBoy would like.

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »
Ok so i am counting down the days till Dayton...so boxboy and i could use some directions to the campsite...we are staying in a hotel thursday night due to the face we are driving up thursday for a longer vacation....so directons please because i have to drive and i am ready to hit the road

Boxgirl, I've talked to the man in charge. Camping Thursday eve is NOT a problem. Also Dogs are permitted (preferably leashed or caged) Alot cheaper to spend an extra night camping rather than a Hotel room. If your coming north on I-75 get off on either exit 63 or 64 (Northwoods Blvd is Best) Travel approx 1 mile west to Dixie Drive(25-A) and turn right.
(you should see the Airport on your left as you travel North) As you leave town you'll turn at the 1st road on the right
(Old Springfield Rd.) (You'll see a small Auto shop painted Red White and Blue right before you get to it.)follow it for a few miles until you cross a railroad crossing. The river will be a few hundred yards past that. As you cross the river look left as you go up the hill, It'll be the 1st driveway thats open at the top of the hill.
Please be carefull pulling in and out of this drive, it's kind of a blind spot for oncoming traffic. Hope this helps.

I'll try to draw a small map up and post it before the weekend arrives.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:53:33 PM by SHawk »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #426 on: July 08, 2009, 04:38:59 AM »
Sniff, Sniff, if I only had a tent :frown:
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #427 on: July 08, 2009, 02:11:50 PM »
OK here's a mapquest link for the campground location for the party.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Tipp+City&state=OH&address=1995+Ross+Rd&zipcode=45371

Click Zoom Out - once to get a wider View

I'm thinking that to avoid Airshow Traffic you should use the following directions.
Exit 64 off Of I-75 and go east
Straight across from the Krogers store make a left on Falls Creek Dr.
Then Left on Deer Run Rd. This will dead end into Old Springfield Rd.
Then make another right and follow Old Springfield until you cross the railroad tracks and then the river.
It will be the 1st open Driveway on the left.
PM me on the BBS for my cell phone # before you leave and I'll talk ya in if ya get lost :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2009, 02:13:59 PM »
Sniff, Sniff, if I only had a tent :frown:

Maddog, your more than welcome to use one of mine. :aok

Offline BOXGIRL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #429 on: July 08, 2009, 08:03:59 PM »
Thank you so much for the info guys and Shawk thank you for the heads up about thrusday we will be leaving around 9 or 10 thrusday morning to head up that way. I look foward to seeing everyone there. Hope everyone is ready for the boxes :devil
^"^Nazgul^"^
Well behaved women rarely make history"Marilyin Monroe

Offline SWhavoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #430 on: July 09, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »
So I took a job promotion at work last week and it may effect comming down to stay the weekend.  So I have worked out my schedule and if I do have to work that weekend I will be driving down friday afternoon to bring down beer for the weekend for everyone. I will probably stick around to party with everyone on Friday night and drive home in the morning. I'm praying that I don't have to work. So I am trying to calculate how much beer everyone is going to drink..  Do I bring down 1 or 2 kegs of beer.  A keg will pour around 200 cups of beer which should equal around 8 cases of 24 pack bottles.  Do you think that will go quick?  If so I will bring down a second one.  The other thing is I can get  a keg of Rootbeer for the kids and anyone that doesn't drink alcohol.  Does this sound like a good idea? Any thoughts would be helpful.  Anyone that is a wine drinker let me know what you drink and I will bring some wines down from my private collection. 

<S>

SWhavoc

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #431 on: July 09, 2009, 02:07:24 PM »
Looking at the list of people coming down, there are 90+ people on it. I would say of that list, probably 60 or so are a guarantee to show at the party, and there's probably at least 10 people who won't drink due to one reason or another. 50 people with 1 keg would be 4 cups per person, not to mention a lot of people will bring their own.

It's great that you're bring anything, so I say the 1 keg would be satisfactory. (Just my opinion) :)

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #432 on: July 09, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »
I'd say 1 of Beer and 1 of RootBeer will be more than sufficient. And I'm sure there will be plenty of Winers there. :rofl

Offline SWhavoc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #433 on: July 09, 2009, 03:55:39 PM »
Alright so 1 keg it is.  Thank god I don't have any gear to camp with I don't know how I will fit this all in my car.  So anything special for a beer keg.  We sell alot.  Coors Light, Keystone, Papst, Blatz, Old Milwaukee,  Killians, Molson, Blue Moon, Great Lakes, Magic Hat, Sierra Nevada.  I'm tossed up between Molson Canadian and Coors Light even though I love Great Lakes. But its not about me.  Shawk just pick something and I will take care of it.  I got about 3 bottles of Southern Comfort for Betty, is anyone needs more let me know so I can grab it.  Oh ya and no worries on bring cups. I have about 2000 Plastic Cups for everyone to use and I have a few pitchers I will bring down.  I will see if I have any t-shirts to bring down to give out.

<S>

SWhavoc

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #434 on: July 09, 2009, 03:58:08 PM »
Alright so 1 keg it is.  Thank god I don't have any gear to camp with I don't know how I will fit this all in my car.  So anything special for a beer keg.  We sell alot.  Coors Light, Keystone, Papst, Blatz, Old Milwaukee,  Killians, Molson, Blue Moon, Great Lakes, Magic Hat, Sierra Nevada.  I'm tossed up between Molson Canadian and Coors Light even though I love Great Lakes. But its not about me.  Shawk just pick something and I will take care of it.  I got about 3 bottles of Southern Comfort for Betty, is anyone needs more let me know so I can grab it.  Oh ya and no worries on bring cups. I have about 2000 Plastic Cups for everyone to use and I have a few pitchers I will bring down.  I will see if I have any t-shirts to bring down to give out.

<S>

SWhavoc

You the man!