Author Topic: DAYTON 2009 GATHERING OF LEGENDS!!!  (Read 39235 times)

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
Re: DAYTON 2009 GATHERING OF LEGENDS!!!
« Reply #525 on: July 19, 2009, 12:06:48 AM »
Just got back from the airshow and the party.  Great party.

For those of you that didn't get to go.

Big open field near a river, band was playing - the drink was on.  Tent setup with food and drink, fire pit , volley ball net.  Very nice.

Drank plenty o beer, got to meet some great AH folks.  Hell Even Banshee showed up! 

I wish we could do it more often.  I will definitely be there next year,  I'm bringing Ribs and Fireworks!

BIG  :salute to HITECH for the prizes!  Top class of you! 

:salute Betty and SHAWK for a fine event!
They couldn't have picked a better venue..honestly.  This place could have easily held 5x the amount of people that showed.  I enjoyed the firepit and watching the drunken volleyball squad immensly.  :)

Tip for those wishy washy about going next year.  If you are 20 something you WILL fit in.  If you are 30 something you WILL fit in.  If you are 40, 50, 60 or even 70+ something, you WILL fit in. 
Please come next year.
 And bring a slim jim for Boxboy please will ya? :)
And could someone please buy 100Hooch a real tent? 
Oh and keep the Jager from Betty!  (I warned you Betty) 

good times.  Hope someone took pics.  I forgot my cam back at the hotel and wish I handn't. 

Big *S* to ALL of you that I met tonight.  Can't wait to fly with you all again and eventually see you all again!!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:36:59 AM by Sincraft »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #526 on: July 19, 2009, 05:07:08 AM »
need pics  with names     :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #527 on: July 19, 2009, 09:27:58 AM »
I know for sure there is a group photo.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #528 on: July 19, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »
Back in and settled.

Great times. Great Hospitality. Was great meeting everyone!

I didn't take many photos, but there are plenty in existence.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #529 on: July 19, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »
Well I'm finally home. Me, Alaskn, & Dapup didn't make the museum until around 1pm. (Me and Joe got pretty hammered Saturday night, so we slept in lol)

Had a blast. Drunk volleyball, corn hole, lots of alcohol, great people.. doesn't get any better than that.

P.S. Alaskn's love tub was never used.  :lol

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #530 on: July 19, 2009, 07:02:52 PM »

P.S. Alaskn's love tub was never used.  :lol

And we are meant to beleive that ???

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »
I had an absolute blast.  I will plan to stay overnight next year, even though I live right down in cincy.  Enjoyed flying my R/C F-16 for yall, even though it was rather nerve racking playing dodge the tree @ 100mph, and land under the v-ball net, lol.  Next year I'm bringing a slower plane (maybe a little electric pony) and definitely one of my helis :)  Good to meet everyone I got a chance to, didn't get around to everyone since I was only there for sat night.  I will hopefully get around to more of yas next year!

Look for photos from today's airshow, just got home, and will be uploading them shortly.  Great location, as my pop and I had chalet tickets, we were darn near show center, with a GREAT view.

:salute to all!

A DOUBLE  :salute :salute and a huge  :aok to Scott (Shawk) and Betty for putting this together.  What a GREAT venue you found for us Shawk, and I look very forward to next year! Kudos!

WMSol
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:18:25 PM by Sol75 »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »
I know for sure there is a group photo.
Yah the Shrew (my wife :lol) took it....I'll find some high-speed in next few days and plunk it in here, with a bunch of others from campground and airshow
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #533 on: July 19, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »
The top ten things I have learn about my first year at the AH Dayton gathering:

10. July is actually a two syable word  JuuLy
09. When helping Boxboy with retieve his keys from his trunk, make sure your keys are not in your cars trunk.
08. Nisky screams like a giddy school girl on the the Slip-n-slide.
07. Shut up...shut up...shut up...shut up...
06. Never let Boxboy rest anything on your shoulder or head...(Right Betty)
05. Never let Jaxxo sit in your chair.
04. Dont mess with bj229rs wife...she'll OWN you!
03. Make sure you have your tickets before you get to the show, or else you get the scenic tour of the  parking lot.
02. Beware of Alaskn, he'll put the tub-of love to use...right PK!
01. Start planning for next years now.

Thank you Scott, Robin and Betty for a great time, could have asked for better host.  Had a blast even though the Rooks were hording a bit.  But aleast they were all on the deck :D 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #534 on: July 19, 2009, 09:31:06 PM »
Pics please.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #535 on: July 19, 2009, 09:53:46 PM »
Link to my facebook photo album.  Going to upload the high-res versions later on, but this is it for now :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2015259&id=1207913535&l=6a8ad2e9f6
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
« Reply #536 on: July 19, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »
I noticed your name on FaceBook, do you have a sister named Leslie (spelling might be off).  I know there are a lot of people out their I just thought maybe your her brother.
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »
I have about 220 photos from the airshow taken by bj229rs awesome wife.  She did an amazing job!  Think she even broke on of the Dayton Daily News boys heart when he couldnt make it to the fence to get pictures. lol.  Anyway I'll let Judd decided which ones to post...but heres a couple of campers for ya all.

Left to Right:Betty (aka CaptMorgan) RileyB, Nisky, and Boxgirl

JAXXO and Coprhead

bj229r and BoxBoy
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #538 on: July 19, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »
Holy Cow!  This weekend was a friggin blast.  Friday afternoon I met my squaddies (PK1, Alaskn, biker1, and DaPup) at the hotel.  I was nervous...I didn't know what to say and not look/sound goofy :lol.  Was bummed out as they headed to the campground and I was left behind...but I did eat at Red Lobster.  Saturday comes around and  WOW what a show.  The MW guys decided to come and hang out, and I also met BOXBOY28, BOXGIRL, bj229er, 5pointOh(Coprhead), Nisky, and the infamous JAXXO!!!  Had a great time at the show.  While we were there DaPup talked my grandmother into bringing me to the campground.  Not only did she carry me there...but she dropped me off  :uhoh.  I didn't meet everyone there, but I met the vast majority.  SHawk was an excellent host.  He and Betty did a great job with this get-together.  WMSol (Sol75)  showed off his flying skill with his RC F-16.  Then came the time where I had to find that guy that was supposed to give me a swirlie in the porta-pottie.  So, the hunt for 100Hooch began.  I finally found him at the campfire, and he seemed surprised when I told him who I was....I even offered to walk myself over to the porta-pottie...but he stayed in his chair laughing his rear off.  

The entire weekend was a blast.  It was awesome to actually put a face with the names that I fly with every day.    Everyone I met was SUPER nice.  While I wait to upload pictures from the camera, here's some teasers taken from my phone:

B-25J charts/blueprints/etc..

B-25J engine

B-25J

PK1 (red shirt), Coprhead (the red-headed one in the gray/brown shirt), Nisky (blue), JAXXO (can only see his knees  :lol)  DaPup (foreground-right)

Me-163

Me-262

F-86

A-1

F-22

Again, sorry for quality.  These were just some that I got with my phone.

-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #539 on: July 19, 2009, 10:58:17 PM »
Nice pics Banshee, glad you and family made it up here.  Just think, next year you'll be 18...we'll get Betty to make a man out of you!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver