Author Topic: Fix the Wirble  (Read 5840 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fix the Wirble
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 07:53:29 PM »
Probably not, but there are several aircraft that take wirbles out effectively, this also does not accurately represent the real thing.
How so?

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 07:58:25 PM »
I have been killed in a wirble by a K4, a nik, neither dropped ord, just a lucky hit I guess.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »
I have been killed in a wirble by a K4, a nik, neither dropped ord, just a lucky hit I guess.
I think we meant the flight model and actual build of the Wirble, not what can kill it.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 08:00:56 PM »
My guess would be that HE ammunition pouring through the big hole in the roof had something to do with it. In the flakpanzers you don't have to go through any kind of armor to kill the inhabitants.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:03:12 PM by Motherland »

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 08:01:03 PM »
I think we meant the flight model and actual build of the Wirble, not what can kill it.

I would delete the word "flight" in the above statement. :)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 08:08:37 PM »

You're driving a convertible.

OMG, would you guys quit cryin already!!!

Their gunfire is easy to dodge, and their turrets are
fragile, and a 250lb bomb can kill them...

Geez, what do ya want...
GVs to be sittin ducks for any fighter again? Right???

God forbid ya fly close to the ground and a flak kills ya...
OMG, that NEVER happened in reality, huh???

WWWaaaahhhhh Booooooo!!!!

They're asking for more realism. Which you're basing your point on.
-AoM-

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »
Man there is a boatload of stuff in the game
that doesn't represent reality..

Its "fudged" to make the game playable or competitive...

Its funny how people take advantage of one of those
things, and whine about the other, whenever its convenient..

OK, castrate the wirby, and I'll be killin GV's like I was before..
I guess its just too difficult for the whiners out there, Booo Hoooo!!!

Whatever!

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »

Whatever!

RC

This argument is equivalent to:

There's more than one thing in the game that is inaccurate
Therefore we should not fix this inaccuracy
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 08:16:35 PM »

Whatever!

RC

And you say this like HTC does not try to make it real. If he did not try you'd see lancs doing barrel rolls like a F14 could do.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 08:27:31 PM »
You are hard of reading aren't ya dickie boi.

Heres what he said...troll.

Hard to dodge fire when you're going 350 in a dive in a Mossie with 13 kills, whilst he's just sitting there spitting out 10 grand of rounds, spraying and praying.

This game tries to lean toward flight model realism, and any of these would help it.

Didya get that troll? Sure sounds to me he was shot down while in a Mossie diving 350 mph trying to rack up another vulch. So while technically its not a perk thread it is another, "perk the thing that just shot me down thread".
Settle down girls.  This has nothing to do with effectiveness.  It's about accurately representing the real thing, which our current wirbel doesn't do.

C'mere cutie. Gives us a kiss. Heres a tidbit even a self professed Intellectual like you should know. Nothing in this game is modeled as it was exactly. Nothing, and certainly no other GV either.

Perk it? Geld it? whats the difference? "The bloody thing shot me down so I want it stepped on"! :mad:

Yaknow Bronk more and more you remind me of these little man/girls I get who call 911 after they open their yaps in a bar, get smacked upside the head for it, and then start shrieking for the Police and their lawyers. 39 yo is a little to old to be following somebody around in a internet forum as a troll.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »
Why the Wirbelwind didn't have an ENY of 5 from the outset I'll never know. I had an Ostwind up the other night, plinking away at Il2s. After I started to get frustrated that they could take 2-3 37mm hits and keep going, I decided to up a Wirbelwind. The thing is disgustingly easy to aim and kill with. A 1/2 second burst at an Il2 will send it into the ground, and I was getting crossing shots surprisingly easily. Keep in mind that I almost never use GV's.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 08:36:07 PM »

Perk it? Geld it? whats the difference? "The bloody thing shot me down so I want it stepped on"! :mad:

I got the sense of that too,,, but instantly it changed to modeling??  :rolleyes:

Why the Wirbelwind didn't have an ENY of 5 from the outset I'll never know. I had an Ostwind up the other night, plinking away at Il2s. After I started to get frustrated that they could take 2-3 37mm hits and keep going, I decided to up a Wirbelwind. The thing is disgustingly easy to aim and kill with. A 1/2 second burst at an Il2 will send it into the ground, and I was getting crossing shots surprisingly easily. Keep in mind that I almost never use GV's.

Thats funny, I get smacked by IL's all the time and I am laying out some lead to try to hit them before they shoot from 1.5 k out.... you easily take them down with a 1/2 second burst....??  your much better than I....   :noid

Come to think of it, I dont think I have ever killed and IL with anything less than a few seconds of burst.......  :cry
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:48:32 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »
I could live with a lower eny. But even that?? They are good at one thing and one thing only. Pretty much base defense flak. Yes you can take them alond on tank operations, actually you have to, but when up against tanks they get mowed down fairly easy.

One thing I like about the lower eny idea is that your own tankers will target them quicker if they have a lower eny, say 15 or 10 eny. In IL-2s, pretty much all I fly, you learn to hate the things. And I do hate them. But I also respect them and admire a lot of the bish and nit flak gunners who are a threat even way past icon range.

So a lower eny isnt unreasonable. And spike I didnt mean to bust your chops so dont take it personal. You must admit this is just another version of the "perk the WW" drama being replayed. Perk it? Geld it? same difference.

But remodel it? That just isnt going to happen. :salute

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 08:56:52 PM »
Sure sounds to me he was shot down while in a Mossie diving 350 mph trying to rack up another vulch. So while technically its not a perk thread it is another, "perk the thing that just shot me down thread".
m as a troll.

Thanks for accusing me again. Don't accuse unless you have cold, hard evidence that I actually did it.
I believe I had just roped a con, then was RTB and decided to deck-it to RTB. I was about 1.5K from where the flak was, and saw him and turned away slightly. Then, my tail was gone with one ping, maybe two. It was obvious that he was spraying, and it would have been a lower chance that he would have killed me if it was actually modeled right.

No, I will not admit something that's not true. This is by no means a perk thread.
It doesn't take a full remodel, just a few changes in code, but it will help game play oh so much, and make the model and the way people use it much more reasonable.

FlyKommando.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »
Thanks for accusing me again. Don't accuse unless you have cold, hard evidence that I actually did it.
I believe I had just roped a con, then was RTB and decided to deck-it to RTB. I was about 1.5K from where the flak was, and saw him and turned away slightly. Then, my tail was gone with one ping, maybe two. It was obvious that he was spraying, and it would have been a lower chance that he would have killed me if it was actually modeled right.

No, I will not admit something that's not true. This is by no means a perk thread.
It doesn't take a full remodel, just a few changes in code, but it will help game play oh so much, and make the model and the way people use it much more reasonable.

The tail was made of wood. What do you expect? The tail of the IL2 is made of wood as well, luckily a lot of flak gunners dont know that. Hitting an IL2s tail is the easiest way to shoot it down.

And your right. Its not a "perk thread". Its just a "pork the GV that shot me down" thread. My apologies.