Author Topic: =====Movie- Mustang Rhapsody II: Fighter Sweep=====  (Read 1920 times)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
=====Movie- Mustang Rhapsody II: Fighter Sweep=====
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:31:55 PM »
Ladies and Gentleman, after a hiatus of 2 and 1/2 years since my last movie and thanks to the encouragement and prodding of my squadmates...

...Braunco Mustangs Productions presents...

Mustang Rhapsody II: Fighter Sweep

http://brauncomustangs.org/films/fighter_sweep5_nrs2.wmv
720 x 392 resolution, 85MB .WMV file

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
Re: =====Movie- Mustang Rhapsody II: Fighter Sweep=====
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 05:44:19 PM »
Visually it's very very nice. I like a lot of those angles and the quickness of them.
I don't feel it has the spirit that "Gunfighters" had though. Just being honest.  :salute

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:58:54 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:48:44 PM »
Very kool nice show of different skins :aok
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »
 :eek: VERY AWESOME! Beauty of camera angles! You guys sure know how to watch each others backs  :aok Truely one of the best videos I've seen.

Does Evanescence only have one good song? That's the only one from them I ever hear.  :lol

And what do you set your convergence at?

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 06:08:24 PM »
Visually it's very very nice. I like a lot of those angles and the quickness of them.
I don't feel it has the spirit that "Gunfighters" had though. Just being honest.  :salute
No worries scotch :).  Thanks for the honest feedback.  I thought you might not like it nearly as much as "Gunfighters".  "Gunfighters" told much more of a story of 1 v 1 air combat.

MR2 is pretty light on the story telling and is rather a squadron montage to capture some of the action in a typical 412th fighter sweep.

Tango, XO
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:11:28 PM »
:eek: VERY AWESOME! Beauty of camera angles! You guys sure know how to watch each others backs  :aok Truely one of the best videos I've seen.

Does Evanescence only have one good song? That's the only one from them I ever hear.  :lol

And what do you set your convergence at?

Thanks for the comments.  Hehe, Evanescence has some other really good songs IMHO - not many played on the radio.  But I'm pretty eclectic in my musical tastes meaning ranging from classical to progressive rock and anything in between!

I've got all my guns set to 275 yds on my Ponies I think.  Not sure what other 412th pilots have their's set to.

Tango, XO
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:17:33 PM by dtango »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »
The Gunfighters film is a classic that will be hard to beat but I love this one best because I'm in it. :lol awesome work Tango  <<S>>

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:27:28 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Wedge1126

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 06:29:35 PM »
Good video quality and nice camera work! Not fond of seeing 109s going down in flames though. :cry
I like the song, but also agree with Latrobe. It seems to be overused.
Overall, thumbs up!  :aok

Is there a link to this "Gunfighters" film?
Wedge

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »
 :aok :aok

Great work dtango!
Good footage, good camera angles and good storytelling.  Very well done.
I can't wait to see more, hopefully soon.  :)

<S>
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 06:50:31 PM »
Well, perhaps it's apples and oranges and was unfair to MR2 to bring Gunfighters up. Your work shouldn't necessarily need to compete against your other pieces. You definitely spent some time and thought on this one and it shows. People can definitely watch this and aspire to create or improve their own work.

Because of my flying style I probably do identify with Gunfighters more. But it wasn't the story telling alone that drew me and others into that film. Your use of sounds in Gunfighters was great. Hearing the engines of the 51 and the Yak duking it out gives me chills and is something I'm trying to work on with my current k4 project. I was a little surprised not to hear any sounds other than the soundtrack in this one since you've definitely mastered it.

Wedge:
http://derstuhl.net/ahmd/uploads/Aces%20High%20Movies/Gunfighters.zip

PS: I did want to call a couple of those 51's picktards....  :devil
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:19:45 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »
Nice film! :salute
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »
Enjoyed the film, the storyline drew me in as well as the visuals, camera angels, the music which was nicely timed along with some of the kills. May i suggest next time you let some of the clips run a bit more? You kinda were switching camera angels on the fights a little too much but it was still overal a good movie.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Forker

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 07:05:30 PM »
Great shots!....loved the quick action I know that took lots of time. Sound effects would have been a nice extra. Great resolution

Forker
Lord, help me to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »
I thought some of your camera shots were exceptional.  For an MA/montage/whatever type film I thought it was very good.  I think adding sound to it would have been a real deal breaker and added a lot to the film.  Though it can be time consuming.  I wasn't a fan of the sounds added to Gunfighters as they were not from the game and the doppler effect from the engine noises used, did not match with the video.

I was pleasantly entertained with the movie and the quality was very good.  The shots were short and action packed, though the timeline in the dog fights between camera angles always seemed to vary a bit too much at times.  As in, parts of the battle (only a few seconds) were skipped and planes did not seem to flow in a continuing timeline some one camera angle to another (confusing?).

8.765/10
I may be critical on very good work, but not as harsh as say Krusty :D
The more people have to say about your movies the better.  One line sentences don't say much at all.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 07:22:15 PM »
The more people have to say about your movies the better. One line sentences don't say much at all.
I sure hope your not talking about me....until i make a beater movie then what i watched, i wont judge the small stuff.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:25:22 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs