Author Topic: =====Movie- Mustang Rhapsody II: Fighter Sweep=====  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Coog03

• Copper Member
Re: =====Movie- Mustang Rhapsody II: Fighter Sweep=====
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 07:38:16 PM »
Nice film sir   :aok :aok
VF41 Red Rippers
368th Thunder Bums
Killuminati

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 07:41:27 PM »
Could be the best film i've seen yet.  I enjoyed it.  :rock :aok
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 08:14:51 PM »
That was so SEXY im hard right now  :D  :salute  :rock
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 08:46:10 PM »
I sure hope your not talking about me....until i make a beater movie then what i watched, i wont judge the small stuff.
I was not singling out anyone.  Basically I'm saying, its better to have a lot of comments/thoughts/etc either good or bad than one line posts.  Was not meant to criticize anyone.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 09:49:53 PM »
Very Nice Tango,

Uptown has been hounded by adoring fans all night tonight. for some reason they keep throwing little fire balls of love at him  :D Sheesh It is like flying with Elvis or something !

I mentioned that I made a cameo in the opening scene but, I think it is going to Uptowns head. he is flying around in a rhinestone jump suite ( well really it is a thong ) signing ....errrm forcing people to  take his autograph in lead.  He even mentioned that he is demanding green M&M's in his dressing room and a new brush for is Ewe He also mentioned that his managment team is going to be in negoiations with 412th command to give  him a star billing right right before the title sequence. 

Then he flew off mumbling about being the next Jackie Chan or maybe it was the next Borat... I dunno.. :devil

BTW.... still trying to get rid of that used up little Ewe he traded me for another post  :D
Rabbit

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 10:18:35 PM »
thank ya...thank ya very much. Cilla make me a peanut butter and jelly samich  :cool:
Lighten up Francis

Offline awrabbit

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 10:34:27 PM »
 :O !!!! Please do not insist that the whole squad  wear that flight suit in the next Movie  :rofl

Rabbit

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 10:53:07 PM »
Thanks for the comments.  Hehe, Evanescence has some other really good songs IMHO - not many played on the radio.  But I'm pretty eclectic in my musical tastes meaning ranging from classical to progressive rock and anything in between!

I've got all my guns set to 275 yds on my Ponies I think.  Not sure what other 412th pilots have their's set to.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs

Hmm I like my guns at 350-400, just looks and feels right for me. Never went lower than 325, will have to try out the lower convergences (some very nice shots in there  :aok )

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 11:12:44 PM »
I've got my guns set at 250,275,300 inside out right now. But you have to be close before ya shoot. :salute
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:30:07 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 11:50:06 PM »
:aok :aok

Great work dtango!
Good footage, good camera angles and good storytelling.  Very well done.
I can't wait to see more, hopefully soon.  :)

<S>

Kermit:  Thanks for the kind words :).  Coming from you that means a lot because you know how much work it is to do something like this even for a 4 minute video!  Gave me a lot of practice for flying the camera around using the ahfilmviewer "setup shots" function.

...I like the song, but also agree with Latrobe. It seems to be overused....

Is there a link to this "Gunfighters" film?
Wedge: hehe well you can blame my 8 year old son for using "Bring Me to Life" :).  I had him choose the song he thought we should use from a group of songs I had picked out.  His 1st choice was actually a Foo Fighters song but it was locked and I couldn't use it so I went with his 2nd choice.

Scotch gave a link to "Gunfighters".  Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Well, perhaps it's apples and oranges and was unfair to MR2 to bring Gunfighters up. Your work shouldn't necessarily need to compete against your other pieces. You definitely spent some time and thought on this one and it shows. People can definitely watch this and aspire to create or improve their own work.

Because of my flying style I probably do identify with Gunfighters more. But it wasn't the story telling alone that drew me and others into that film. Your use of sounds in Gunfighters was great. Hearing the engines of the 51 and the Yak duking it out gives me chills and is something I'm trying to work on with my current k4 project. I was a little surprised not to hear any sounds other than the soundtrack in this one since you've definitely mastered it.

PS: I did want to call a couple of those 51's picktards....  :devil
Scotch & Fulmar:
In the end I was trying to make a video my kids would enjoy made up of some cool sequences that my boys would say "that was awesome dad!" :D.  So I was looking to do something that wouldn't just plain kill me making it :P but would be short, light, and fun to do.

I totally understand why you and fulmar like the sound effects.  I do to actually!  The decision regarding the sound effects was partly based on effort (a lot more work to do it!) and partly by artistic design.  I put sound effects in "Two Horsemen" which had a U2 song for a soundtrack in it.  I've always been torn about doing that.  It worked good in "Gunfighters" because the sound didn't compete with the cinematic musical score.  In "Two Horsemen" I always thought that the song and sound effects competed with each other so this time I opted to just leave out the sound effects instead because of my song choice.

Regardless thanks for taking the time to respond with what you liked or not.  It always gives me ideas for the next one!

...The shots were short and action packed, though the timeline in the dog fights between camera angles always seemed to vary a bit too much at times.  As in, parts of the battle (only a few seconds) were skipped and planes did not seem to flow in a continuing timeline some one camera angle to another (confusing?)...
Fulmar & MjTalon:

Yea, I was really torn about the dogfight sequences.  Most of those fights actually lasted a lot longer than what is portrayed.  I could make whole movies just for a given dogfight :)!  I had to condense those sequences down to just enough to try to give people an idea with what happened.  

Continuity editing in an action sequence is hard enough to do as it is.  On top of that all the dogfight sequences I had to figure out a way to try and condense time down, fit the pace of the music, and try to maintain continuity.  It would have flowed a lot better if I decided to cut down the number of montages because I could plan out the continuity editing better with more time to spare to move the views appropriately with the changing "line of action" as they say in cinematography!  I decided to trade off fluid continuity to fit more montage sequences to flow better with the rhythm of the music.

Again, thanks all for the comments!

Tango, XO
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 11:53:18 PM »
Rabbit - so is that what all the fiery things flying at Uptown are - fireballs of love????  :D

Uptown - we should start calling you Elvis  :rock hehe

Tango, XO
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Talon07

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 02:04:58 AM »
Definitely up there in my favorites. The camera shots made it for me.
Kind Regards
FBClaw
FBClaw of the Freebirds

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2009, 02:18:43 AM »
Very nice movie mate, I loved the fast paced action and verity of angles. Very refreshing. :salute

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2009, 09:14:45 AM »
Great movie dtango, I can see alot of hard work went into that. I loved the little things you did, for instance the timing between the soundtrack and the explosions...it was exceptional. I like this one and gunfighters for totally different reasons and I like that you changed up the style for this one. 

:rock

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 09:29:40 AM »
Simply Beautiful Tango.  :aok :aok
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]