Author Topic: Whats Up with you guys  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Whats Up with you guys
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 03:50:17 PM »
Now I'm going to make a Point here.

Most of the players in this game are from USA right. Now i use MSN talk because its faster easier and worldly recognized. But one thing i cannot stand is Americans lecturing me on proper English. The variation of English in the USA is awful with MOM and COLOR. Rife with spelling mistakes, Mispronunciation and an appalling education system. I have an English background and am Privately educated and i have a remarkable control over the English language.

So please think about what your saying before you correct someone. This is the digital age and the less letters on the text buffer the shorter a message and the faster relay= Improved efficiency.

P.S I'm not trying to Act snobbish I'm stating a fact that just because we are teens doesn't mean we can't spell. Australia's education system is better than it ever was and I get good grades so if I'm using MSN speak its probably because i don't have enough room on the text buffer.

Your statement is rife with ignorance of the United States. Perhaps you should be playing a flight game from your own country.... opps bet that might be hard.

I can deal with folks disagreeing with eachother but when some holier than thou creton comes whailing and spitting, I have to say go away. You don't like our country then simply quit taking our handouts.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 03:52:03 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 03:55:36 PM »
OK in relation to stang i agree with you i was gonna use tonyjoey as an example great guy i act much the same and in stangs comment on ALT F4 i do that to because its like the initiation to the game in a way.

Now i know that most kids on AH2 at the moment are spoiled brats. (remember I'm head of the Squeaking death Dueling squad aka THE DA DWEEBS :) ) and i know that they mouth off at elders but you must see from what i call "squeak eye view".

The older guys usually look down on New players and when they arrived they were probably without flight combat Sim experience. And so when they say "how do i fly" and so on you guys go SQUELCH and flap your wings and so forth so they hold some resentment. Ive talked to the guys and am friends with many of them so i can speak with authority on this.

I had previous experience and so apart from my early squeaks :) i picked up quickly and got to it Racking up 40 kills (and a million deaths ) on my first day.  shortly after I joined HELLS ASSASINS and later ROLLING THUNDER and learnt vox channel discipline and Squad tactics. (and learnt not to speak until spoken to. Ty DCCBOSS :) ) so it helps guys to Invite newbies into your squad to turn them into Pilots ASAP.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 04:16:27 PM »
Your statement is rife with ignorance of the United States. Perhaps you should be playing a flight game from your own country.... oops bet that might be hard.

I can deal with folks disagreeing with eachother but when some holier than thou cretin comes wailing and spitting, I have to say go away. You don't like our country then simply quit taking our handouts.

I like Americans and I'm actually a Dayist (religion) but what i meant by that statement is When someone lectures you on how to use proper English when you learn yours out of the oxford dictionary and an English Teacher with a PHD from Sydney University its natural to assume that your being taught Correctly.

Now what i mean by the Comment on America is that the correct term is American English not English. The reason for this is America has effected changes to the Dictionary which Reluctantly i agree are easier and make more sense but are nevertheless incorrect.

And in view of Ignorance of the united states almost everysingle thing that's not from china is American and i sometimes have the view that We know more about Your Country than you do.  During the election interviewers form CNN went out and asked teens who they would prefer. The answer was "who is john McCain". In Australia at my school the American Election was the most discussed issue of the time.

And Your statement echoes of a tone of arrogance with "why don't you get a flight Sim from your own country"

Well in case you don't know the headquarters of 20th Century Fox is in SYDNEY!!! so why don't you get an American movie OOPS IS THAT A BIT HARD. You rely on foreign help alot and you never give credit to them. Why your entire pacific military operation would fail if we kicked you out. We are the main base of communications for the US military and also the biggest airbase so Please if you can get people to Acknowledge your allies do so.

And Don't say your wrong my Dad is Ex- Army and he still remembers it because he was a signal officer telling you about the Russians and knew the technical specifications AND was a plane freak watching your aircraft come and go so Please remember. America relies on others more than you know.

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »
Your teacher may know what he's talking about, but he sure isn't teaching you correctly, or at least you're not paying attention, considering you haven't capitalized 'I' once in your posts, but you do capitalize random words, which is not only incorrect but annoying.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:25:09 PM by Motherland »

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »
If you act like a 13 year old squeaker then don't get mad when people treat you like that. I know a few players that are under the age of 18. Some you would never even know unless they tell you because they act like they have common since. Others you can point out from across the arena. Its not the children people are discriminating against its the child like behavior they they discriminate against.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 04:38:01 PM »
Your teacher may know what he's talking about, but he sure isn't teaching you correctly, or at least you're not paying attention, considering you haven't capitalized 'I' once in your posts, but you do capitalize random words, which is not only incorrect but annoying.

We get Failed in English if we use 'I' repeatedly. And Capitalizing random words Means Emphasis and i occasionally use capitals at the beginning of random words out of typing habits it does not happen in Essays or projects.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 04:39:51 PM »
You do realize that you're taught proper English so you can use it to communicate with other English speaking individuals clearly and fluently, not just so you can get a meaningless 'A' on a paper, correct?

This is why you're accused of not knowing English. It doesn't matter how well you can type a report, it's that you can use the skills that you learn when typing a report to communicate with people.

This is quite possibly the most frustrating thing I find with people my age.

'u don tno wat ur tawjkin gabot, i can use inglish fine, i git as in all my clases!!!@11! u cna undrstand wot im saying!'

{edited for spelling and unintelligible nonsense}
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 04:51:58 PM by Motherland »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 04:40:46 PM »
Sir, it is true that the U.S.A. has some regional dialects which may sound odd to your ear. It is also true that the U.K. has as many or more odd dialects, all in a land area smaller than many American states. Some of which (such as whatever they speak in Yorkshire) could not be made intelligible even if we had Universal Translator device from "Star Trek".
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »
If you act like a 13 year old squeaker then don't get mad when people treat you like that. I know a few players that are under the age of 18. Some you would never even know unless they tell you because they act like they have common since. Others you can point out from across the arena. Its not the children people are discriminating against its the child like behavior they they discriminate against.

Am I one of those  :angel:
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2009, 04:58:30 PM »
We get Failed in English if we use 'I' repeatedly. And Capitalizing random words Means Emphasis and i occasionally use capitals at the beginning of random words out of typing habits it does not happen in Essays or projects.

We capitalize "I" and we shouldn't start sentences with "And". How's my education.  :) Although I do start sentences with "And" and I may use the word "I" too much.  Often on these boards folks use slang for de-emphasis. Slang will come across as less harsh or they may use slang to save time.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »
Sir, it is true that the U.S.A. has some regional dialects which may sound odd to your ear. It is also true that the U.K. has as many or more odd dialects, all in a land area smaller than many American states. Some of which (such as whatever they speak in Yorkshire) could not be made intelligible even if we had Universal Translator device from "Star Trek".

:lol  you mean like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSHHbfY6MVc
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 05:11:26 PM »
Now I'm going to make a Point here.

Most of the players in this game are from USA right. Now i use MSN talk because its faster easier and worldly recognized. But one thing i cannot stand is Americans lecturing me on proper English. The variation of English in the USA is awful with MOM and COLOR. Rife with spelling mistakes, Mispronunciation and an appalling education system. I have an English background and am Privately educated and i have a remarkable control over the English language.

So please think about what your saying before you correct someone. This is the digital age and the less letters on the text buffer the shorter a message and the faster relay= Improved efficiency.

P.S I'm not trying to Act snobbish I'm stating a fact that just because we are teens doesn't mean we can't spell. Australia's education system is better than it ever was and I get good grades so if I'm using MSN speak its probably because i don't have enough room on the text buffer.

Missing some punctuation there.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2009, 05:13:52 PM »
DOES ANYBODY NEED A GUNNER
SOMEONE POST A MISSION
ILL BE A GUNNER
System:  Squeeker wants to join your plane.
WHATS THE BEST PLANE
WHATS THE FASTEST PLANE
HOW DO YOU TAKE OFF

That's what.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 05:17:03 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2009, 05:16:52 PM »
OK in relation to stang i agree with you i was gonna use tonyjoey as an example great guy i act much the same and in stangs comment on ALT F4 i do that to because its like the initiation to the game in a way.it was stupid and unacceptable years ago, and still is.

Now i know that most kids on AH2 at the moment are spoiled brats. (remember I'm head of the Squeaking death Dueling squad aka THE DA DWEEBS :) ) and i know that they mouth off at elders but you must see from what i call "squeak eye view".no, most kids in AH are NOT. the spoiled brats are the vocal minority.

The older guys usually look down on New players and when they arrived they were probably without flight combat Sim experience. And so when they say "how do i fly" and so on you guys go SQUELCH and flap your wings and so forth so they hold some resentment. Ive talked to the guys and am friends with many of them so i can speak with authority on this.most guys DO NOT look down on new, younger players,,unless theyre shorter than us.
 only the above mentioned spoiled brats are looked down upon. they also seem to forget that there's pile-its in the TA who are itching for someone to help.

I had previous experience and so apart from my early squeaks :) i picked up quickly and got to it Racking up 40 kills (and a million deaths ) on my first day.  shortly after I joined HELLS ASSASINS and later ROLLING THUNDER and learnt vox channel discipline and Squad tactics. (and learnt not to speak until spoken to. Ty DCCBOSS :) ) so it helps guys to Invite newbies into your squad to turn them into Pilots ASAP.

sheesh.,.....40 kills in a day?? that's more than i get in a month sometimes.  :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2009, 05:19:23 PM »
I like Americans and I'm actually a Dayist (religion) but what i meant by that statement is When someone lectures you on how to use proper English when you learn yours out of the oxford dictionary and an English Teacher with a PHD from Sydney University its natural to assume that your being taught Correctly.

Now what i mean by the Comment on America is that the correct term is American English not English. The reason for this is America has effected changes to the Dictionary which Reluctantly i agree are easier and make more sense but are nevertheless incorrect.

And in view of Ignorance of the united states almost everysingle thing that's not from china is American and i sometimes have the view that We know more about Your Country than you do.  During the election interviewers form CNN went out and asked teens who they would prefer. The answer was "who is john McCain". In Australia at my school the American Election was the most discussed issue of the time.

And Your statement echoes of a tone of arrogance with "why don't you get a flight Sim from your own country"

Well in case you don't know the headquarters of 20th Century Fox is in SYDNEY!!! so why don't you get an American movie OOPS IS THAT A BIT HARD. You rely on foreign help alot and you never give credit to them. Why your entire pacific military operation would fail if we kicked you out. We are the main base of communications for the US military and also the biggest airbase so Please if you can get people to Acknowledge your allies do so.

And Don't say your wrong my Dad is Ex- Army and he still remembers it because he was a signal officer telling you about the Russians and knew the technical specifications AND was a plane freak watching your aircraft come and go so Please remember. America relies on others more than you know.

Australia will never have the might to kick America out.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"