Author Topic: dr7  (Read 1750 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: dr7
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 06:29:10 AM »
Pardon me if Im mistakin but I think he is in that 35+ age group Uptown was posting about, your gunna have to forgive his old eyes :D
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 08:45:47 AM »
Pardon me if Im mistakin but I think he is in that 35+ age group Uptown was posting about, your gunna have to forgive his old eyes :D

Yep, Dr7 is one of us old farts and he doesn't partake in the childish rants that are present on CH200.  He is indeed one of the best GV'ers in the game and one of the great ones of the game.  He is always willing to help and has always been forthcoming when asked for a pointer or two.  <S> to Dr7.

All the Best...

Jay
 awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »
I always enjoy fighting him and he is a great shot but I think the sneaky award goes to Rondar.If he is around never look for a whole tank cause all you will see is a small piece of it
been there destroyed that

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 05:40:04 PM »
  Dr7 routinely returns  :salute  He must have missed yours. He's a good shot and doesn't give you a second shot if you miss. It's very rewarding to get a kill on those you know are very good.

:salute DR7

(I saw him land kills in a plane once)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:46:27 PM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline DR7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 06:21:19 PM »
Skullman, <S> my friend.  Sorry, I did not see your salute.  Believe me, it would have been returned.  As for the age thing, yep, 57 and been playing AW and AH for 13 years.  The funny thing is for the first 8 years or so you could only see me in a spit.  I loved a fight in the dirt.  If we started at 12k my only adjective was to get u the ground and then out turn u.  Then they changed the flight model.  I ended up under the dirt most of the time.  So tanks saved me, lol.

For all your replies, <S> one and all.

Here is a thought.  That red icon u see is not your enemy.  It is another player in a game that you wish to have fun with.  Much like setting across a table and playing a game of chess or checkers.  U wont to wop their, a 6 lol, but non the less a friend you are enjoying a game with.

Your fiend,
Dave R. Tinney

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »
Here is a thought.  That red icon u see is not your enemy.  It is another player in a game that you wish to have fun with.  Much like setting across a table and playing a game of chess or checkers.  U wont to wop their, a 6 lol, but non the less a friend you are enjoying a game with.

Very well said.  The importance of bringing enjoyment to your opponent is underestimated.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline DarkCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »
 Well I don't know you Dr.7 but you must be some guy to have that type of response from both friends and foe's in the game. I like to see that. A giant :salute to you.

I also  :salute you Skullman for coming here to give props to your opponent and not throwing accusations of cheating or unfair gameplay. That's what makes for a better community and we need to uplift this type of behavior to show that's what the skies(and the ground) of Aces High is all about.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 06:43:45 PM by DarkCrow »

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »
Dr7 is one of the best tankers.  I was trying to get into a position for a camp but was headed off by him.  Here we are dueling it out with no cover.  I of course shoot under his tank twice from 800yds out (don't laugh) it was stressful cause I knew it was him.  Finally after a couple kills on him and many more deaths squaddie radios me and asked aren't you done dieing yet?  I guess I got taken to the woodshed too many times and didn't realize it. LOL
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 10:08:39 AM »
Thanks-I am an old guy too and tanks are my love.I have had many good fights with DR and have always enjoyed them.I have trashed talk but only in a joking manner.Someone I have started running into alot lately is gravy.He is a good tanker that has give me alot of grief as of late and puts up a good fight.And he does occasionally get in the air.He bombed me when we shut down the hangar at a port.
Why do the bish seem to have the largest portion of good gv'ers.I got into a spawn war recently and it seemed they all showed up and I got severely spanked :lol
been there destroyed that

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »
He bombed me when we shut down the hangar at a port.

Talk about turning my world upside down.  I thought to myself "now we have to deal with a flying DR too... :uhoh"  Of course I had to return the favor DR!   :D

Way

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 05:59:55 PM »
always a fun fight!!
 that said, its always more fun when i win, for me atleast :salute
 that said   :aok     i would think he is one of the most respected in the game,
 not many here that can have 2 or more pages without some kind of negative remark from someone!
for that comes a second  :salute
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:04:28 PM by WWhiskey »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 04:11:31 AM »
Thanks-I am an old guy too and tanks are my love.I have had many good fights with DR and have always enjoyed them.I have trashed talk but only in a joking manner.Someone I have started running into alot lately is gravy.He is a good tanker that has give me alot of grief as of late and puts up a good fight.And he does occasionally get in the air.He bombed me when we shut down the hangar at a port.
Why do the bish seem to have the largest portion of good gv'ers.I got into a spawn war recently and it seemed they all showed up and I got severely spanked :lol

Were not suppose to tell, but Dr7 is our official trainer.    :uhoh  I wasn't suppose to tell.     :D

Actually we just follow him around and kill what he doesn't.   :)

Fred 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 04:13:15 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline SpazMan

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 09:13:59 AM »
Skullman, <S> my friend.  Sorry, I did not see your salute.  Believe me, it would have been returned.  As for the age thing, yep, 57 and been playing AW and AH for 13 years.  The funny thing is for the first 8 years or so you could only see me in a spit.  I loved a fight in the dirt.  If we started at 12k my only adjective was to get u the ground and then out turn u.  Then they changed the flight model.  I ended up under the dirt most of the time.  So tanks saved me, lol.

For all your replies, <S> one and all.

Your fiend,
Dave R. Tinney

dr7,

Been working with GV's more and more and have been running into you alot lately. You're a fine shot and
a great GV'er. I hope someday day to be that good...... :salute

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 11:20:30 AM »
Here is a thought.  That red icon u see is not your enemy.  It is another player in a game that you wish to have fun with.  Much like setting across a table and playing a game of chess or checkers.

Wow, that's signature material.  Something I have to think about...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 11:30:19 AM »
Wow, that's signature material.  Something I have to think about...

I agree with the idea as it follows my line of thinking.  Unfortunately some folks enjoy creating and participating in the negative aspects of this game.

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!