Author Topic: La-5FN's stall speed  (Read 681 times)

Sorrow[S=A]

La-5FN's stall speed
« on: January 11, 2000, 07:33:00 PM »
Since the last update the La-5FN's stall speed has risen to 150 mph. Is this intentional? I notice that the spit and macchi can still turn right down to 120 mph or so. It seems odd that the La-5 is sitting at the same stall speed as the mustang is.

------------------
If your in range, so is the enemy.

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
La-5FN's stall speed
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2000, 03:01:00 AM »
Not sure what the stall speed is in a la5fn, but I do know that the original la5 prototype could do a loop from a speed of 186mph.

------------------
leonid, aka grisha
129 IAP VVS RKKA

ingame: Raz

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
La-5FN's stall speed
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2000, 03:37:00 AM »

I understand you mean stall speed during a sustained turn and not in level flight. Right?
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Sorrow[S=A]

La-5FN's stall speed
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2000, 08:08:00 PM »
Yes sustained turn. Previously it could go as low as 130 mph before it stalled totally. Now it is stalling some 20 mph faster. It is in fact very close now to the F4u and Mustang turns, so much so that flaps need to be deployed to succesfully out turn either of these planes on the deck or at alt.

------------------
If your in range, so is the enemy.