Author Topic: need ACM help  (Read 616 times)

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
need ACM help
« on: February 23, 2009, 07:49:27 PM »
Ok, I am cryin uncle...I need some help with ACM.......more specifically when I am defensive, when the other guy is on my high 6.  I am by no stretch of the imagination a "good stick" but have played for a while and need to either improve or quit the game (it's starting to lose it's fun aside from squad nite). 
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: need ACM help
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:06:12 PM »
Ok, I am cryin uncle...I need some help with ACM.......more specifically when I am defensive, when the other guy is on my high 6.  I am by no stretch of the imagination a "good stick" but have played for a while and need to either improve or quit the game (it's starting to lose it's fun aside from squad nite). 

Hah! You sir are in a great position. You are just good enough to know you could be much better. There are some fabulous trainers who will selflessly and patiently spend time with you in the TA and you will notice very quick improvements. Even us "vets" go in there from time to time to tweak something or learn a new trick for the bag. Don't hesitate to go in there, you will quickly be glad you decided to.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 10:28:49 PM »
Jolly, what do you fly?  I'm not that great, but if you give me a time and a date, I can try and help.  If that doesn't work, I reccomend you find one of the trainers and set a date with them.

Obie
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 04:51:47 AM »
I stink in everything, I like the FM-2 and 38J.  I amon est coast time.  Anytime (within reason) works for me.

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 03:29:02 PM »
Jolly, I fly mostly the spit 9.  It suits my type of flying, a little bit of everything.  I'm also in EST.  The only problem is that I work the overnight shifts and arrive home sometime after 0800 hrs.  So working out a time might be difficult but I'm willing to help.

If you haven't already, go to Hammer's website: http://www.netaces.org/  Start reading up on how to improve.  I would then use Hammer's link (on the bottom of the page) and go to Soda's aircraft evaluations and DoKGonZo's fighter comparisons.  There's a vast amount of information to understand just between those three websites.  When I started, I took notes and practiced in the DA.  I still do this from time to time.  Especially going to the DA to "knock the rust off" if I haven't flown in a while. 

Some other suggestions I have is to film your fights and analyze what you did right and where you screwed up.  I put on the trail feature to watch the track of my plane and my opponent.  When I started, I used to go in full throttle and never let off.  After several years of flying now, I use flaps, throttle control, and much better situational awareness.  As the saying goes "Lose sight and lose the fight."  Gun convergence and trigger discipline was another aspect I've been working on lately too.  Post those films.  Get opinions from the other pilots here.

Obie
I have kept the faith.

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 03:35:30 PM »
Obie, you're a very good shot.  A couple weeks ago when you killed me you must have been firing blind over the nose.  It was a rude awakening. :lol
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 04:22:50 PM »
Obie, you're a very good shot.  A couple weeks ago when you killed me you must have been firing blind over the nose.  It was a rude awakening. :lol

Thanks for the compliment Gav.  I was more surprised than you were.  Pure luck.  Here's a copy of that sortie. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m2ojycxzu0o

<S>
Obie
I have kept the faith.

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »
more specifically when I am defensive, when the other guy is on my high 6. 

Jolly, take a look at this http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/files/murdr/evarevall.zip .  I can catch up with you sometime if you would like a bit more elaboration on it.

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »
Was on Rolex's training for a bit, then had to log.  Mabye I can join up with a trainer for a session with less numbers.