Author Topic: A real crazy idea  (Read 845 times)

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
A real crazy idea
« on: May 31, 2000, 01:26:00 AM »
I've been reading posts about late-war planes, arena problems, EZ-mode etc... A LOT of posts on these subjects. So I had an idea about arenas, early-war A/C, and EZ-mode. Just an idea mind you. Just for an example, here's an arena list you might see:

Arena 1: Early War
Arena 2: Mid War
Arena 3: Late War
Arena 4: Uber-planes
Arena 5: Anything goes

Arena 6: EZ-mode optional
Arenas 7-11: See Above List

Arena 12: Historical Arena
Arena 13: Historical Arena for Special Events [limited]
Arena 14: Historical Arena for Custom Events
Arena 15: Training

Now for specifics:

Arena 1:
Early war aircraft only enabled. Could be Pacific Theater only, ETO only, or a mix of both. Maybe seperate sub-arenas for each, or sectionalize the map for each Theater.

Arena 2:
Mid war aircraft only enabled. Again, you could split it up into sub-arenas or just sectionalize the map for each Theater.

Arena 3:
Late war aircraft only enabled. Anything from 44-45 would be in here.

Arena 4:
Me-163 and 262, Meteor, P-80 etc... Pretty much anything either jet powered or possesing more than two 30mm cannons  

Arena 5:
Every single plane is here. Fly anything you want to. Spit Vb vs. Me-163 Komet fights would be a real scream!

Arena 6:
If you want to fly under EZ-mode, go right ahead. If not? You can fly here too, just be easy on the new pilots practicing with it on.

Arenas 7-11:
Just the same as every arena described above, only with EZ-mode optional. You can pick an arena, say Early War, and fly against other guys using EZ-mode. Pilots not using EZ-mode and exploiting it for a huge kill score will be penalized. Penalties subject to determination; E.G. Could get booted from the arena, have your account locked for a day, whatever.

Arena 12:
Just like it says, the Historical Arena.

Arena 13:
Same as above, only for limited special events. Special Events like a historical raid of Hamburg or something.

Arena 14:
This is the big one. A custom event would be something requiring custom terrain or aircraft be built before the actual event. This is the one you would pay extra for, as HTC would have to either build custom planes or terrain for the event.

Arena 15:
Just for training. Everything would be controlled by trainers online 24 hours a day. No, not one guy sitting there day in and day out. There would always be a trainer in there to handle special settings, pilot training, mock dogfights, etc... Everything from aircraft availability to Ack would be variable. This would create an arena you could practice live fire Jabo attacks in, or just practice low level flying over any field.

So, what do you think?

Flakbait

"Whattaya mean I can't kill 'em? Why the hell not?!" Rad Miller Jr.

nonoht

A real crazy idea
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2000, 03:20:00 AM »
I don't think it's a good idea cause in average you have 80 ppl in arena each night... humm too few for 12 arena no...

i prefer one main arena with the system of WB with time which run
- first week  --> spitfire MkI , hurricanes , Bf109E  etc...1940-1941
- seconde week   --> Bf109f   spitV ... 1941-1942
- third week --> 1942-1944
- last week --> 1944-1945

what do you think about that ?

nonoht
GCIII/2 Free french

Offline Lucchini

• Zinc Member
A real crazy idea
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2000, 03:27:00 AM »
agree with nonoht.
Too many arenas for only 60/100 people means you have to spend lot of time searching enemy

Ciao

Lucchini

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
A real crazy idea
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2000, 04:29:00 AM »
He s#¤%"&d you 6 - 0 ?  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
A real crazy idea
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2000, 04:50:00 AM »
I will be shortly flying in a 1943 plane (Fw190A5)...but I still say:

NO
ROLLING
PLANESET!

It sucks

nonoht

A real crazy idea
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2000, 04:58:00 AM »
why it sucks ?

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
A real crazy idea
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2000, 06:29:00 AM »
Can't fly the Mustang all the time.  

Offline troxel

• Zinc Member
A real crazy idea
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2000, 12:23:00 PM »
I think that RPS is an outstanding idea, I just think that there are too few planes in the game to pull it off right now.

The RPS is good, because it gives early planes the ability to fight against their historical peers.

RPS also encourages pilots to fly other aircraft than just the P-51D all the time.

I just feel like it is a big waste for HTC to spend all sorts of time carefully modelling planes like the Bf-109F4 and C.202, just to have them only flown in the Historical Arena.

------------------

"....where'd who go!"

Troxel
VMFA-212 "Lancers"

[This message has been edited by troxel (edited 05-31-2000).]

[This message has been edited by troxel (edited 05-31-2000).]

funked

A real crazy idea
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2000, 05:49:00 PM »

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 05-31-2000).]

Sorrow[S=A]

A real crazy idea
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2000, 07:51:00 PM »
RPS has 1 VERY good place..  an HA.
And thats all we really need. An HA would open up a second arena with a purpose, that could see a good use for a RPS and limited icons. And a place for people who despise the idea of flying with any possible ezmode planes. I am sure by the time an ezmode comes we will have the HA there.

B-Town

A real crazy idea
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2000, 12:53:00 PM »
Listen you guys give me a spit mark 22 and you can all do what the heck you want. I will just plough you down!